Observation: Old School Football Is "semi" Back! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Observation: Old School Football Is "semi" Back!

It's still crazy how the Rams chose not to run in the game. I'm not sure what the heck was up with Gurly? But that's crazy to have that kind of RB and not feed him the ball in the SB.

1) Helping to keep Brady off the field
2) Helping to give your DL a breather.
3) Helping to wear down that Pats DL.
4) Opening up the passing game later on and PA
Gurley was and has been hurt for the past 3-4 weeks. Versus the saints he was also basically a none factor. I think its the knee

Gurley was and has been hurt for the past 3-4 weeks. Versus the saints he was also basically a none factor. I think its the knee

You're probably right. There have been conflicting reports pretty much saying he's okay. But clearly, something is going on with the guy.

Brees would have found the EZ but wonder if the Saints D would have played as well as the Rams D. That may have been the best defensive performance by 2 teams in a SB at the same time. Only 1 RZ trip for each time. Wowza.

Yes... but Goff was really bad

combination of both. McCourty's play in the endzone was amazing. And the pressure on Geoff was constant.

I loved the fact that the refs were low key, and it was a grinder of a game. I got to really appreciate how both staffs were trying to take away their strengths, it was such a chess match to keep both teams in check.
And that’s it. I love the chess part of football which is what makes it great IMO. Not games that go back forth like last years SB. Though I did prefer the outcome of last years more than this one I wasn’t left w puke in my mouth from having to listen to how great Brady was all game long because he was not effective so the announcers focused on the D and no specific player over and over. A more enjoyable watching experience as well.

You have to have the ability to switch it up as awsi stated. Gase didn't understand that, he was very pass happy and when his offense didn't work he basically blamed the players. Utilize the players you have to the best possible outcome. Change schemes to fit them. I think Flores loves versatility as he stated we will run a multiple defensive scheme. Keeps the opponent guessing and use your players in different ways hopefully to their strengths
Agree. Gase was trying to do something as far back as 2016 when he relented and let Ajai be the focal point. Shame he didn’t learn from that experience.

Think Awsi nailed it. NE understands that it doesn't matter what you do best. It matters what you do best relative to your opponent. Versatility, more than any other factor, has set NE apart from the rest of the NFL.

Tom Brady is very obviously in decline, as Awsi noted. If this was Brady from two or three years ago (maybe even last year), the Patriots would have passed and scored a lot more. It would have been a blowout.

Back
Top Bottom