Observations from the game... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Observations from the game...

NYPhinFan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
1.Who the heck did we trade for on the Off Line????..who were those guys??...what a job pass blocking and run blocking...it was by far their best game of the year...the closest we have been to last years form...they have been ripped all year...and deservadly so...but there were awesome yest.
2.Did Jay Fiedler get reborn or something????...the last 2 weeks have been incredible!...finding the open guy...getting rid of the ball...taking command of the huddle...not forcing the issue into double coverage. The BEST game he has played as a DOLPHIN...almost flawless...what a pleasure to watch...I screamed at the first pass he threw becuase Chambers had the man beat...but we got the flag...little did I know he would get a couple more chances to hot on that play...WOW
3.Dave Wanstedt has been ripped all year long...as well as the coaching staff...but he played this week and last week to perfection. What a tough week to try to get his guys ready...short week...no hitting...simple gameplan.....he had his supposed "inferior" team ready to play...when all we heard was about Parcells. Norv Turner called his best game in a year with the fins...Dallas was off balance all day.
4.Ricky Williams is a STUD!...man he is hitting the hole like he hasn't all year...making plays..looking like he did last year...and he DOES intimidate some DEF players..Roy Williams yest wanted no part of coming up to hit him...Ricky rolled over him on a couple of plays....all we do on offense starts and ends with him. Play action and running the ball...that drive in the 4th qrtr ..took 7 minutes and we never even threw the ball...getting the tough yards and eating up the clock...
5.Was that Derrious Thompson who caught a couple of passes?...bestill my heart..Chambers was incredible...and for the firdt time all year...I saw WRS open with separation...with OG back...we have the makings of some Talent to push some Defenses down the stretch
6.JUnior Seau has been so impressive this year...not with the ints or sacks but with his run defense...all over the field. Did anyone notice the scheme the team ran in the second half?. They put Junior in a down position..started to rush the passer at the snap...then just dropped a few yards back...and spyed Quincy Carter...everytime he stepped up in the pocket..Junior charged and forced Carter to dump it or take a sack...awesome adjustment from Bates at the half.
7. I was screaming at Bates the first half...with the scheme of rushing 3 or 4 and dropping everyone into coverage...they were getting picked apart!...wanted to see if a change was made...and MY GOD there was!...can't remember when we made that kind of adjustment during a game...scary

Just a great game all around...every aspectbut Special Teams...but we can't expect everything...sorry about rambling...but man this was felt Sooooooooo Gooooooooooood!

watching yesterday made me think one thing... Have they been holding back all year? Like think of it.. We get ussaly come out stong and lose it all at the end. Maybe it was there descion to play somewhat decent but hold out the fire until the important half of the year so teams would not know what to prepare for. you watch footage of the phins game all season and you think screens a few short post and run ricky up the middle for 2 yrds. Then you come out prepared for that and you get a major SURPRISE. would be awesome to see this same dolphins team show up next sunday against New England!

There's no way they've been holding back. I think the lights went on last Sunday when Jay came back in the game.

If you look back this turnaround makes since:

- I know a lot of you don't like O.G. but he is a presence in the locker room and most of the guys are thrilled he's back. Also opposing defenses have to think about him again and finally, this will push D.T. to play much better and he did last night.

- Ricky is remembering how to run. The commentators said while watching game film Ricky could not understand why Carolina stopped running cause they were making three yards an attempt. Dave immediately ran up to Norv's office and told him "we're back!" Cause Ricky will now just go for the short runs knowing the long runs will come with them.

- Of course that sparks the coaches and their excitement flows over to the team.

- Jay Fiedler said that while sitting on the sideline his arm was very well rested and felt very fresh. Also he learned by watching Brian how important a quick release is. So he went back and tuned up some of his basics. That was from the commentators yesterday.

Man that was a great game in all facets. Anyone who bitches about this game has got nothing better to do.

GO PHINS!

yeah thouse are all great things the comentators said ;) I still think they held back excpet for when Gresie was in there.. That was just suckage..

I'm by no means a Griese supporter

Originally posted by Mindwarp
yeah thouse are all great things the comentators said ;) I still think they held back excpet for when Gresie was in there.. That was just suckage..

However, i do find it very interesting and humbling of Fiedler to admit while on the sidelines he got to learn alot from Griese. When he's not under heavy pressure, Griese does have a quick release and pinpoint accuracy. It shows alot when JF can admit that he adjusted his fundamentals to enhance his game and the source of inspiration was non other than BG.

B4 I would wish we had a qb that had both JF and BG's strengths, because that would make our QB a very deadly weapon. Well not saying JF is there yet, but last night's performance and last week's performance has showed glimpses of our offense would be like with a very good qb.

What a way to stand in the pocket and keep his composure.

The difference in this game?

Our coverage.

Their coverage.

Their coverage.

The most reasonable assumption of the difference in the dolphins this game vs. the past is Mario Edwards and Terrance Newman.

Edwards was schooled. Jay said after the game that on film they noticed that Edwards dropped behind his man deep too often. They owned him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to agree with Fiedler-for-MVP...

In the NFL, games are won and lost by the o and d lines. BOTH played well Thursday. Skill position players' talents are close everywhere in the league. You win or lose depending if the Oline can protect and the Dline can cause problems.

Wow, good shots Zod. That's definitely a microcosm of the game. You can easily see a difference in those pics.

But now you'll have to excuse me as I report you to the proper authorities. ;)

Muck,

There's more.

Open Receiver and pass protection - that was the difference. There has been no excure why we have not had open WRs and pass protection all year ag teams that put 8 in the box. This will be tough to replicate ag the Pats since Law and Poole are better CB - we need Norv to find a way get NE to play zone so that Chambers can get on top of their S who suck !

Back
Top Bottom