Observations | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Observations

BigBoz

BigBoz
Reaction score
Hi all, first time post here although I have been an avid observer of the site for a few months now. As this is my first post, I feel a "proof of loyalty" to the fins is in order....my son's first and middle name is Daniel Marin....(i STILL can't believe my wife let me do that!). Hope that is enough for acceptance in what has become one of my favorite sites. Anyway, on to buisness. (1.) Go back just a couple years - Super Bowl talk, right? a top three defense and Ricky Williams, right? Our only excuse for NOT going to the super bowl back then was Jay Fiedler and Dave Wannstedt. Now go back last year, preseason- were the Chargers fans talkin playoffs? NO, they were 4-12 and talking about rebuilding...and look what happened. They strengthened weaknesses and fixed what was broken, simple as that. We all here are trying to over-analyize our situation and it's not necessary. What has changed since 11-5? We still have the core of that team and have gotten rid of what we all felt was the weakness (coach and QB). We simply lost a great RB and two great D-linemen. The results showed; a predictable offense and terrible run defense. We have worked the D-line in the offseason and will work the RB situation out via the draft or Ricky coming back, or possibly a trade. Regardless, I firmly believe in my heart that any team that finishes 4-12 and can STILL beat the super bowl champions on prime time television deserves respect and should NOT be overlooked next season! I say BRING ON the toughest schedule in the league- we could be the this seasons Chargers....any believers?

halleluha brother, always remember, on the seventh day god created the dolphins to watch while he rested

Good First post and welcome. I agree with much of what you say. The biggest question will be, can Feeley become a Brees? And will Brown, Benson, or whoever we have in the backfield be able to be an LT? I think most of our other problems from last year will work themselves out either via another years experience or coaching.

Welcome! I think all of your questions hinge on one other comparrison. Can our O-line learn like San Diego's did? If so, then we will see fewer questions of the QB and RB performance. It all starts with the lines.

Phinadict said:
Welcome! I think all of your questions hinge on one other comparrison. Can our O-line learn like San Diego's did? If so, then we will see fewer questions of the QB and RB performance. It all starts with the lines.

Most definitely. And that San Diego line was largely new to each other. Our line has that crucial first year under their belt. And AJ (if we stick with him) has the arm to make long throws and big plays. With a better line if we do inded draft a RB his fresh legs should account for at least a decent running attack. Here's hoping, and welcome!

Welcome to the site man.

I love the Chargers comparison. That's been my common comparison as they DID have talent, had a poor season and were over looked.

I think we'll do good this year, watch out.

Have fun on the site!

Good 1st post and positive attitude. :welcome:

Great first post. WELCOME.:woot:

You have to be a fan to name your kid after Dan...Daniel Marin sounds cool...I think Dan's real first name is Dante??? I think we can be like San Diego or like the Carolina Panthers who went from 1-15 to the SB.

HysterikiLL said:
Welcome to the site man.

I love the Chargers comparison. That's been my common comparison as they DID have talent, had a poor season and were over looked.

I think we'll do good this year, watch out.

Have fun on the site!

Just to add to this I wanted to mention that the San Diego Chargers are not like the Miami Dolphins, actually its the complete different...

The Chargers were coming off 8 bad seasons and last year was a fluke and they were good.... :shakeno:

The Dolphins were coming off good seasons and last year was a fluke... I see the dolphins going back to their regular selfs (9-10 wins) as the chargers come back to earth themselves (4-7 wins):cooldude:

Go Chiefs... Go Dolphins... Welcome to this Board... :wink:

BigBoz said:
Hi all, first time post here although I have been an avid observer of the site for a few months now. As this is my first post, I feel a "proof of loyalty" to the fins is in order....my son's first and middle name is Daniel Marin....(i STILL can't believe my wife let me do that!). Hope that is enough for acceptance in what has become one of my favorite sites. Anyway, on to buisness. (1.) Go back just a couple years - Super Bowl talk, right? a top three defense and Ricky Williams, right? Our only excuse for NOT going to the super bowl back then was Jay Fiedler and Dave Wannstedt. Now go back last year, preseason- were the Chargers fans talkin playoffs? NO, they were 4-12 and talking about rebuilding...and look what happened. They strengthened weaknesses and fixed what was broken, simple as that. We all here are trying to over-analyize our situation and it's not necessary. What has changed since 11-5? We still have the core of that team and have gotten rid of what we all felt was the weakness (coach and QB). We simply lost a great RB and two great D-linemen. The results showed; a predictable offense and terrible run defense. We have worked the D-line in the offseason and will work the RB situation out via the draft or Ricky coming back, or possibly a trade. Regardless, I firmly believe in my heart that any team that finishes 4-12 and can STILL beat the super bowl champions on prime time television deserves respect and should NOT be overlooked next season! I say BRING ON the toughest schedule in the league- we could be the this seasons Chargers....any believers?
Very good first post, I like your attitude. Welcome!!

Welcome BigBoz. I think you will find a lot of believers that will agree anything can happen with good coaching. Tough schedule can only make our team tougher and better in the long run...
By the way...great name for your son. Dan Marino's full name is "Daniel Constantine Marino, Jr" per his website.
Regards!

BigBoz said:

Password?.............jk

BigBoz said:

You are absolutely right. We are not far removed from a 11-5 or 10-6 team. I believe this team has a legitimate chance at the playoffs - even though we are in a tough division.

Back
Top Bottom