Odd Question... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Odd Question...

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Are there players in the Canada and/or Alliance leagues worthy of the NFL - specifically our Dolphins? Contractually able to sign with us that is.

Gilbert (qb) looks good for the Apollos. But he is under contract of course.

Not an odd question bro, it's where we got the beast Cam Wake from. We've signed guys from CFL over the years.....back in the day Doug Flutie came from there, if he came out in this draft hed now ne a 1st round pick!

Gilbert 100%.

There are good corners in the Alliance too, Reasner, Summers, there are others too. AJ Tarpley is a nice linebacker. Linebackers are tougher to evaluate because they need to be fast and we do not know by watching. There are a few good DTs too. @PFF_AAF provides good performance data.

You're not going to get a bunch of guys from the CFL that make it in the NFL but you do find a few here and there.

Terrance Garvin who was on our team last year has been a beast for Orlando Apollo’s (AAF) I think he’s back in NFL next year. Garrett Gilbert May have some potential he’s been solid I’d be interested to see how he looks in NFL preseason. And Keith Reaser CB for Apollo’s has also been very good. Those 3 guys I think have NFL potential

CFL players can't get out of a contract until they've played two years there. The AAF has some kind of weird regional deal where players are allowed to move freely to NFL teams, but only if it's one of the teams that is 'assigned' to their club. So I think that Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville(?) and both NYC teams can negotiate for Apollos players.

I might be wrong on that AAF thing. I know that they absolutely started the league with the intention of letting guys move to the NFL, but I'm not sure how the regional restrictions work.

as far as I know if an nfl team wants a player from the aaf they let them out of their contracts with no problems. that's what they want to do. they want to be a farm league.

Talent is talent. If you find someone there that you can affordably add, you do it. But they need to be the type of person/player that the coaching staff wants, and they need to be available at the price you want. Usually, if those guys have talent, they're locked up in those leagues. Timing becomes critical, as it was with Cam Wake. NFL teams had one shot, and Bill Parcells recruited Cam here … and he remained loyal and invaluable ever since.

Back
Top Bottom