Odds of Dolphins Going 0-16 Worsen After Miami Shows Signs of Life with Rosen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Odds of Dolphins Going 0-16 Worsen After Miami Shows Signs of Life with Rosen

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
It has been a dismal start to the 2019 NFL season for the Miami Dolphins. The team is coming off a third demoralizing loss in as many outings, falling 31-6 to the Dallas Cowboys as massive 22-point road underdogs on Sunday.

While the Dolphins have managed to score just one total touchdown through the first three weeks of the season, things are looking up for the squad according to oddsmakers at BetOnline. Their odds of avoiding a “perfect” 0-16 season actually got longer after losing in Week 3, currently sitting at +400. They were +350 at last check.

Rosen Showing Signs of Life

The steady performance in a losing cause is a welcome occurrence for Rosen, who put up modest numbers as a rookie on a bad Cardinals before being shipped to Miami in the offseason. It’s his improvement that has led to the Dolphins’ improvement in the latest odds.

The former Freshman All-American has handled the struggle of playing for bad teams reasonably well. Rosen avoided getting intercepted against Dallas after tossing picks in each of his two brief appearances in Weeks 1 and 2. He also led the Dolphins on a trio of lengthy first-half drives in Dallas that deserved better results than the six total points they produced.

But will Rosen’s continued development be enough to keep the Dolphins from finishing 0-16?

I would agree if we had WRs that could catch the ball and RBs that were decent.

We've played 3 playoff teams, what did you expect? Now when we play Washington and Cincy, those games I expect to be our closest games of the season that we may win. The teams we played thus far wont commit 3-4 turnovers per game like other below average teams. We are actually doing well in that we are much more disciplined in terms of penalties, that's always annoying when every other play has a flag.

At some point you gotta figure these reciever are going to start holding on to the ball in the RDZ. IMO, the offense is only going to get better as they gel more.

Just based on that article title I am going to say that is hard to believe. If that were remotely true Rosen and the team would have found a way to put up more than 6 points last weekend.

Until they cover the spread they will be underdogs in the 2 digit range.
Until they show some life for an entire game and score some TDs they will always have long odds to avoid an 0-16 season.

It is that simple.

I really never thought we'd be winless this season.

It may happen, but I'm not expecting it.

Back
Top Bottom