Off-Season Predictions | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Off-Season Predictions

You can look at the roster and make strong cases for many moves/changes but the problem is that we are handcuffed by the moves of Mike Tannenbaum already. These moves are a pretty clear indicator of what will happen (or not happen).

Biggest mistakes by MT....

Signing Andre Branch to a starters contract. Now we are stuck with him for 2018.

Extending Alonso when he should have just played out his contract.

The other issues....

Giving up a draft pick for Stephone Anthony. Classic story of another underachiever. Where does he fit long term?

They were grooming McMillan in the off-season to play SLB....AFTER they gave a fat contract to Timmons only to play a two-down LB role. I assume he voided his guaranteed money with his AWOL routine so that should make it feasible to cut him but will they use Raekwon in the middle or on the strong side? They are stubborn with Alonso and give him way to much credit so we are also stuck with him in coverage.

Then they spent a first on Harris at DE. Yes, we have a need at DE. Not many sacks generated outside of Wake once again. They will likely re-sign Hayes to remedy situation on the strong side but I don't see them drafting another DE in the first round that will push one of the first round picks to the bench.

They also signed a strong safety to a long term deal to play along side Jones. I doubt they draft a true Free Safety, given this fact.

We were fortunate to draft a couple of overachieving rookie DT's but they would need to continue to develop to actually fill the need. They were decent but basically just JAGs IMO. More development needed but there is a decent chance it happens. It becomes a bigger question considering who we have as the DL coach.

Now to continue the stubborn streak....is Gase really going to hire Logains as the new OC and fire Clyde? Looks like a lateral move to me. Dowell has never accomplished anything of note as a coordinator. Just another retread from one of Gase's former teams. Perhaps he comes on as OL coach?

I also see the stubborn streak continue as the only likely moves on the o-line end up being Davis to replace James and Asiata to replace Bushrod....keeping Larsen at LG when he is probably a better fit at RG (also his favorite position).

When I consider all of these things, I have a hard time projecting anything for the 2018 season. Usually it's not hard to come up with a plan but I have no clue at this point. I hope I am wrong.

Given our history for hiring guys who are hurt, I predict we court Tyler Eifert in FA for a 1-year "prove it" for our TE slot. Unless Cincy locks him back up.

Bold Predictions...

1. We move back in the draft (as a QB falls to 11)
2. We draft defensive heavy again
3. QB in mid to late rounds
4. We resign Landry and Trade Parker
5. I get Outback takeout instead of Pizza to eat while watching day 1 of the draft.

I think our Defense is very close to being good... The problem isnt that we have a shitload of holes, it's that we have a few gigantic holes... This is why I want either a LB, DE or FS in the 1st round... I think an immediate impact player is going to improve the D alot more significantly than it would the offense... IMO

Predictions
Gase continues to draft well and build on the foundation we have.
A surprise trade for additional draft picks.
Dolphins bring in a new OC.
The entire coaching staff gets a shakeup.

Another prediction......At least half of the guys we'll draft are players that 98% of the posters here have never even heard about.
Also at least one or two WTF picks as usual.....lol

Ozzy rules!!

Don't forget a couple of picks with injury histories in school,but they will make up for it by having football I.Q.'s of a melon...

I'm very much looking forward to the next Michael Egnew drafted by the Dolphins.

My prediction is that T-Bum makes a trade during the off season that none of us sees coming - it only gets announced in the press just before completion, not even rumours of it in advance. He'll overpay the team with compensation, and despite the player being under contract, he'll extend the contract with said player not having played a down, completely over paying and putting us into another Branch / Alonso style deal, where it's more expensive to cut than to keep after a year. That player will be very average, at best, in Miami.

Earl Thomas perhaps?

Devante Parker possibly heading to the Seattle Seahawks this off season.

Now that is a bold prediction. RB, DE, LB, TE, S?

Yes.

And people are sleeping on Derwin James at 11. Cause if some of this hybrid stuff with tj are in play that kids in play.

Heck he may be a hybrid option himself in some packages. Has the size to cover tight ends the speed and fluidity etc. looks the part

Man hard to see James as a FE at 6'3 and 212 but he's a special talent

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom