Offense at Camp | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offense at Camp

ZOD

Ruler of the Universe
Reaction score
As I read the reports coming out of camp, I wonder if the dolphins are shredding the confidence of the offense. Let's face it. Our defense is much better than our offense and has been for quite some time. I wonder if the offense being shut down is actually doing more harm to their psyche than good from a competitive standpoint.

Should they practice more against the second team defense?

I know the philosophy behind the best competition but practicing day in and day out against some of the best players in the league has got to do something to them mentally. "Them" being Jay and the receivers. Could this be responsible for the sometimes too conservative play of Fiedler?

There is a significant drop off from the number 3 defense in the league and our average (at best) passing game. For that matter there is a significant drop off from our number 3 defense compared to the rest in the league. Year after year they practice against this defense. What does that do to them mentally?

It's worth consideration and it probably has been considered. I'm just wondering if they ever "shake things up" in terms of 1st team on 1st team.

Defense is ALWAYS better then the offense at the beginning of training camp.

I don't think it hurts. I mean, Ricky and the OL don't have much success against in practice. But they do make plays. And they do just fine on gameday. And even though the defense rules, the offense has a great deal of success. Yesterday, Jay Fiedler was 19/21 overall and Griese was 20/26. It's just that a lot of that success might not come in the form of big/flashy plays.

Don't worry, practicing against our D only helps. If we're going to reach the Super Bowl, we'd better get used to facing great defenses.

Agreed and well said. Besides, they seem to be getting their licks in on both sides.:D

Originally posted by Muck
I don't think it hurts. I mean, Ricky and the OL don't have much success against in practice. But they do make plays. And they do just fine on gameday. And even though the defense rules, the offense has a great deal of success. Yesterday, Jay Fiedler was 19/21 overall and Griese was 20/26. It's just that a lot of that success might not come in the form of big/flashy plays.

Don't worry, practicing against our D only helps. If we're going to reach the Super Bowl, we'd better get used to facing great defenses.

Muck couldn't have stated this any better myself:D Man, we're up and down, I agree with so much of your stuff, then there's those ones, that we just can't come close on, it's great debating you.:eat:

Zod, hopefully our D makes it easier to play less than D's in the regular season and as Muck points out, prepare for the tough ones. You only get better by going up against the best, the little success they do have, has to give them confidence, since they know they're going up against the best D in the AFC.

Its like puttin a doughnut on your bat for practice swings. When ya go to the plate the bat feels lighter in your hand

As I stated,

"I know the philosophy behind the best competition "....

I don't know. It was just a "poke" at what might be ailing the confidence of that unit.

After Fiedler come back from injury it didn't look like the same unit. And that's not the first collapse neither.

Just looking for answers.

Originally posted by ZOD
As I stated,

"I know the philosophy behind the best competition "....

I don't know. It was just a "poke" at what might be ailing the confidence of that unit.

After Fiedler come back from injury it didn't look like the same unit. And that's not the first collapse neither.

Just looking for answers.

Only success against other teams in PS and regular season will give them the confidence you think they're lacking, but after boosting the number 1 runner and only given up 25 sacks, I don't think they're lacking too much confidence..Just a huch..:tongue:

it 's just like anything else, they realize seau is blitz blitz blitzing all day like he did in san diego and now they are just going to do some basic stuff until norv pulls one on them. offense will come around. keep in mind, minor's death of his father is probably cuasing some discomfort on the offense right now. If a defense attacks and tries to dictate then the offense has to change up. its all good. its all good practice and understanding how to deal with the best!:lol:

and to go against a D like ours everyday, can only help in the long run

Back
Top Bottom