Offense Should Be The Focus | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offense Should Be The Focus

matt11390

Starter
Reaction score
The Dolphins are so far away from winning and we all know it is a building project that could take three to five years to get back to the super bowl level we all want. So I wish we could show some patience and be strategic in our drafting by not only planning for this year, but planning our draft emphasis over the next three years.

That being said, this year, if I were the one making the decisions, I would make most of my first picks offense exclusively. Many want Chris Long with our first pick and I would not be upset with it, but I think our defensive front is full. I would draft Jake Long with our #1 and in the second draft another tackle and a quarterback that we could sit for a few years while Beck develops. It doesn't matter if we drafted a quarterback or a tackle with our first second round pick, allow who's available dictate that decision.

Then, in the third I would take a TE and with the next pick take a WR. After that I would begin thinking defense but keep my eye open for depth picks for the OL. I guess my main focus this year would be offense and specifically offense.

Next year I would focus on defense in the same manner. Many of you may not agree with my approach but I think this would be wise simply because the draft seems deep for offensive players and we desparately need many holes filled, especially the OL and offensive depth.

I forgot to add the simple fact we will be taking our lumps again this season makes me more willing to draft this way knowing our defense will suffer, but I see this as part of the rebuilding process. Let's get one side of the ball turned around at a time.

No great wr's this years class our O line was better then our D line last year. We lacked a pass rush and couldn't stop the run. Carey did a good job last year at LT just giving up 3 sacks while we ran the ball well.

So with the D line needing more help and this being a very deep OT draft class we should go C Long/Ghoston then OT/OG/CB/TE with our 1st 5.

No great wr's this years class our O line was better then our D line last year. We lacked a pass rush and couldn't stop the run. Carey did a good job last year at LT just giving up 3 sacks while we ran the ball well.

So with the D line needing more help and this being a very deep OT draft class we should go C Long/Ghoston then OT/OG/CB/TE with our 1st 5.

Agreed.

Our run defense was absolutely horrible last season and thats a big problem that needs to get fixed. With this year depth in OT talent, a first rounder will almost certainly fall to us at #32, which is why that is the way we should go. Am i the only one who thinks you rebuild both sides of the ball at the same time?

Whats the point in building one side just so when that side is good, your other side is old and terrible? Not to mention this strategy would limit opinions in future drafts. I definitely think you rebuild from the inside out, starting with the trenches on both sides out to the skill players on both sides.

Rebuild both sides at the same time!

Back
Top Bottom