Offensive Leaders??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive Leaders???

zuper_man

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I don't think the Dolphins have had one true offensive leader since Marino retired. And I don't see any leaders on this offense right now.

Let's see.....

McMichael - Probably too immature. He is vocal but his production doesn't match his mouth.

Chambers - Doesn't strike me as a leader. Hasn't shown anything to prove he wants to be one.

AJ Feely - Not the way he jumps around the field. I understand he is fired up and probably wants to fire up the rest of the team but...RELAX.

Booker - I would say he is the best bet to step up and be the leader of this offense. He has been around awhile and has proven to be productive.

Anyone have any thoughts/comments?

I think as of right now Feeley is our offensive leader just by how he act and played at the end of last year.

our offensive leader, strangely enough, is probably Jeno James. Some teams offensive leaders are their best olineman (Mawae for the Jets, Ogden for the Ravens, Allen in Dallas, etc.)

zuper_man said:
Booker - I would say he is the best bet to step up and be the leader of this offense. He has been around awhile and has proven to be productive.

Anyone have any thoughts/comments?

Marty Booker? Cmon, the guy never says a word that would lend us to believe he's a leader. If he's our leader, we're screwed. I think feeley and McMichael.

this will seem odd. the leader will have to be Saban. he is a good leader. he can help the players improve

I think with production it is chambers but feely is definatley the leader of the offense and will step up his production this year.

I think the way Feeley played through the pain last year gained him some respect. If he can put a good season together he can be the leader. McMichael is a vocal leader also but his game needs to be more consistent and Id like to see Chambers step up. Soon enough hopefully Ronnie Brown will be leading by example atleast :)

Ohio Fanatic said:
Marty Booker? Cmon, the guy never says a word that would lend us to believe he's a leader. If he's our leader, we're screwed. I think feeley and McMichael.
:yeahthat:

ChambersWI said:
our offensive leader, strangely enough, is probably Jeno James. Some teams offensive leaders are their best olineman (Mawae for the Jets, Ogden for the Ravens, Allen in Dallas, etc.)

Those guys you mentioned have dominated their positions for years. But I agree somewhat that Jeno James may be our best candidate for an offensive leader.

Ohio Fanatic said:

I don't think being vocal is the only pre-requisite to be a leader. We need someone who isn't afraid to speak up, who produces, and someone who makes the plays when it counts. Right now, we have nobody that fits the bill. But AJ is in the best position to do so.

Yeah its really pathetic our leader its AJ and he doesnt even has a sure spot in the line up.:shakeno:

DonShula84 said:
I think the way Feeley played through the pain last year gained him some respect. If he can put a good season together he can be the leader. McMichael is a vocal leader also but his game needs to be more consistent and Id like to see Chambers step up. Soon enough hopefully Ronnie Brown will be leading by example atleast :)
I agree. If we could get our most productive offensive weapons in sync and actually have them act like leaders, it would be great. Unfortunately, they are going to have to all produce together. A leader has to be productive. I think A.J. could be that person, if he would settle down and focus.

Ricky Williams was a superstar offensive leader the first year he played for us.

Our offensive leader is Olindo Mare... He scores more points than anyone else on the team. The way he runs, kicks that ball.... and misses. It drives the team to try and win.. Then fail. :cry:

Id say feeley. towards the end of last year he was playingstrong and i think we will become a good leader

Back
Top Bottom