Offensive line from Dave...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive line from Dave......

ZOD

Ruler of the Universe
Reaction score
Just listening to Dave Wannestedt's press conference from yesterday.

Says....

Greg Jerman and Taylor Whitley will battle it out for right guard.

St. Claire lines up at right tackle to battle with Carey.

A question was asked immediately afterwards.

Who is the backup center?

Dave's answer: "Billy Yates right now" :eek:

We should be drafting a center today.

Tony Wise on condition of the line-"We will get through this fine. We have tough guys. The cream will rise to the top."

"They'll say the same things about Seth Mckinney and Wade Smith as they did Nate Newton."

On right guard-"Jerman will start with Taylor Whitley behind him and Billy Yates will fit in there."

"Taylor has alot of pride and he likes to hit people. He's one of the reasons why you have preseason."

"Smitty is not going to move. At some point Dave may say to me-okay John over and Carey in and I'll say to John, Take a couple of snaps over there."

Question - Do you think it's possible to move all the positions on the Offensive line and still reach the playoffs?

"Absolutely. If I didn't I wouldn't have the job that I have."

I dont see St Clair beating Carey out for RT, so he will actually end being backup everything, C,RG, RT. Remember, St Clair was an all-american center at Va.

ZOD said:
Just listening to Dave Wannestedt's press conference from yesterday.

Says....

Greg Jerman and Taylor Whitley will battle it out for right guard.

St. Claire lines up at right tackle to battle with Carey.

A question was asked immediately afterwards.

Who is the backup center?

Dave's answer: "Billy Yates right now" :eek:

We should be drafting a center today.

Well, St. Clair can play center, and if Carey beats him out (which he should), I think St. Clair would become the backup center at that point.

Well, Billy Yates had a great game last year against the Ravens, if not the best by an offensive lineman all year, so don't be suprised if he really comes in and starts some competition.

Tony Wise only meant that they'll line up that way when traing camp starts. Jerman doesn't have the starting job yet. There will be some competition with Yates and whitley and St.Claire and maybe even a vet come june 1st.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom