OFFENSIVE LINE IS OUR #1 WEAKNESS | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OFFENSIVE LINE IS OUR #1 WEAKNESS

Reason is worth listening to. He caveats his PFF stats. He adds context to situations. He watches all22. He's played the game. He adds a lot of nuance to his takes. He's got a good knack for draft rankings.

Ck is the Pope, but Reason is a worthy Cardinal.

Reason just gets whiny about being right all the time...ya gibroni! 😆

I don't have anything against Reason personally, although I'm not a fan of how he treats people who disagree with him. And watching All-22 doesn't make someone an authority on prospects any more than putting on a big hat makes someone the Pope.

PFN in general has been leaning in a way I find...journalistically questionable. I suppose that's the best way to put it. They'll put out a piece with a leading headline, citing "sources." Then someone else on their crew will push that narrative, literally citing themselves as sources. It's circular reporting at best, flat-out misinformation at worst. You could look at their Xavien Howard kerfuffle from this past week for exactly this sort of thing.

They've been flat-out wrong about "rumors," after citing "sources" and "we're hearing...." I have no issue with speculation and conjecture, but flat-out making stuff up and presenting it behind a facade of having inside information is just dishonest.

Last edited:
There is a 5 part A22 series on youtube even, that shows how Skura played last year. I was really excited about the signing until I watch his tape. Maybe he can improve from how played last year, maybe he was hurt or something but he was bad all of last year. He was good in 2018 but I don't know what happened since then, but he isn't the same player. And it certainly wasn't just the weather games, they were where he had problems with the snap but he was being thrown around and shoved back in the QBs face on his best plays. His base is just non- existent compared to the player we saw in 18. He looks and plays weak, plays too high with no leverage. Hope I'm wrong because we need someone to step up at OC. That is the spot I am most worried about. We have options at all the other spots but not at OC.

Legit. I was more referring to the "Matt Skura can't even snap the ball" narrative.

Have you considered, given the discussion, that you may just be on the "fringe", as far as what most ppl see?

I mean if 99% disagree, perhaps the1% need to reevaluate their position.

Much in the same way, have you considered the actual level of Fans in this forums ability to actually know much beyond their daily (possibly) insight from the media and for more advanced reviewing you tube highlights to form their decisions.
First off it's not a put down to posters because 95% ish have jobs or a life of other things to do, so a limited insight is completely understandably. And to be fair I consider myself especially with the new FO and the NFL's changes not much of a evaluator as in the old days too. I do know some basic that haven't changed like the importance (all around ) of the Lines, DL and just as critical OL. Something I'm surprised that the general population in here IMO doesn't give or possibly see the value and just how important they are in the playmakers success.
Ya, I said it and there are a lot more knowledgeable and more informed Fans out there IMO than in here and the joke called the media. They actually also see the critical need and are concerned with 3/4 to a full line of 1st year guys still learning what its like to be in the NFL and the unrealistic (though possible) leap they must make to be success.

I've made my point and read much of the responses based on personal feelings, more than reality (IMO) its out there ( OL maybe our biggest problem ) for time to tell if this trajectory is continued. But I've put out there my opinion and now Your 5 mins is up

Pretty much every time I come in here it's, Tua this Tua that, did he wake up on the wrong side of bed, RB issues, do we need upgrade?, WR corp. of real play makers. Team better be improved over last year, Playoffs...." PLAYOFFS ??', Superbowl. Another defensive free agent ?

Wake up people.
Our biggest problem at this point that seems to go under the table but can possibly be the biggest weakness which if it doesn't turn around and successfully jump through a significant amount of hoops which again most are not even putting in discussions, We're Screwed again ! ( don't understand the lack of insight of this team for a legit OL for the last 20 years) were some beauties were there for the taking !!!!!!!!!!!

Its like people are expecting 3 of last years rookies who showed some ups and downs, to all take that significant step (all 3), New Rookie RT not even having a down in the NFL already there. Skura the Karras upgrade having old 2018 abilities or Dieter winning position, also never playing center (NFL)

H E L L O People. This could and IMO IS the #1 weakness of our 2021 Dolphins. AND if all the 1/2 doz.+ upgrades don't happen, the results realistically could be disasters. And the start of many again putting the blame on Tua....

Fans and public should be screaming at the top of their lungs to get the FO to make this upgrade and less dependent on so much improvement to appear by pretty much everyone on the OL.....

I know those truly aware of the realistic values a NFL team needs to be successful but for those who don't, it's not a long shot to tell you to be prepared for a shock.
Now it is true that all the essential improvements by all 5 OL can happen but truthfully no one including the FO should like the odds.

Yes Tua mention but this post is not about Tua so keep him out of it. It's about the Offensive line and will it be what we fantasize or reality is improving but still not much better than average this year.

Importance of OL lets ask possibly the best young QB, out there Mahones and how his OL weakness screwed his timing, play and success....
I could be wrong, but Dieter did play Center in his 1st year, and actually played much better then he had been playing Guard.

As for the three 2nd year players, and rookie on the right side, I agree that it's the most important unit to Miami's success, and that it right now looks scary on whether they can be significantly better then last year, but if you look at the individuals, there is at least a rooting chance this squad finally does it, and becomes a solid to above average unit.

Liam Eichenberg...In college he had a run, where for a few years, he gave up O sacks, if he can be at worst close to that good, he will help Tua extensively, and allow Hunt to go inside.

Robert Hunt...Hunt surprised me how solid he was becoming at Tackle, but no matter what, he will never be nearly as good as he can be at Guard. The man is a steamrolling beast.

Michael Dieter... Dieter made himself a top interior linemen with how he played Center in College, in the NFL he had a slight chance at playing center, and actually looked much better then he played guard, there is a slight chance he could take over the position and surprise everyone (Something about coach Flores trying too hard not to ever mention Dieter, that tells me we may be in for a surprise), but if he can't handle it, Matt Skura with his experience would not be a bad bandaid for this year.

Solomon Kindley...With Hunt taking the R-Guard position, Kindley moves to his more natural and better position of L-Guard, where in the time he was there, actually looked good...Add to that, Kindley actually used the off-season to train and get in better shape, and you have a better version of a Miami linemen that at times looked overpowering against his opponents.

Austin Jackson...Finally Jackson had a very inconsistent year last year, but he started the season well, and was finishing the season well, the injury slowed his progress, but he's huge, athletic, and very young, I believe he will be getting better as the year goes along, and eventually will be an above average Tackle.

The line is a huge question mark (?), but there is too much daylight coming through not to at least have a slightly guarded, but optimistic view on whether Miami's line can take a step or three forward this year.

Last edited:
Much in the same way, have you considered the actual level of Fans in this forums ability to actually know much beyond their daily (possibly) insight from the media and for more advanced reviewing you tube highlights to form their decisions.
First off it's not a put down to posters because 95% ish have jobs or a life of other things to do, so a limited insight is completely understandably. And to be fair I consider myself especially with the new FO and the NFL's changes not much of a evaluator as in the old days too. I do know some basic that haven't changed like the importance (all around ) of the Lines, DL and just as critical OL. Something I'm surprised that the general population in here IMO doesn't give or possibly see the value and just how important they are in the playmakers success.
Ya, I said it and there are a lot more knowledgeable and more informed Fans out there IMO than in here and the joke called the media. They actually also see the critical need and are concerned with 3/4 to a full line of 1st year guys still learning what its like to be in the NFL and the unrealistic (though possible) leap they must make to be success.

I've made my point and read much of the responses based on personal feelings, more than reality (IMO) its out there ( OL maybe our biggest problem ) for time to tell if this trajectory is continued. But I've put out there my opinion and now Your 5 mins is up

I understand your position. That hasn't wavered.

If you believe you are right, by all means, stand by those convictions.

As far as the posters' opininions, it's hard to get a concensus about apple pie, let alone an actual football situation.

I just think the ratio on this specific debate is of note, and likely indicative of the collective percieved reality. Possibly enough so, that one might reconsider.

Weird how much of what I've been saying gets turned around into an evaluation of these players.... Still from little I've see a22 ... but again have little to judge by and making crap up... Oh they are the Dolphins

I'm not saying that our 5 young inexperienced kids are going to be failures... all mental masturb***

FTFY

we've invested so much resource in the O-line, hopefully the young guys can progress. I still believe that Tua's progression is the biggest question. The O-line is filled with young guys and even if just one or two of them improve then that will make a big impact on the O line as a whole. Tua is just one guy who we need to make huge strides. not to mention, we can sign FA O-linemen pretty easily and draft more. Trying to find a franchise QB is much more difficult and would be way more costly to acquire one via trade or trade up in the draft ultimately costing us more picks.

Back
Top Bottom