Offensive line / Offensive line woes / !! (merged 2x) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive line / Offensive line woes / !! (merged 2x)

Re: Offensive line woes

Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
Our line is KILLING us. Tim Ruddy and Todd Perry should be astronomers because they are always on their back looking up at the stars. That is our biggest weak spot by far. We are being man handled at the point of attack. Doesn't matter how many guys are crowding the line, we are being beaten man for man.

We need to get rid of Ruddy, Perry, and Dixon in the offseason. Dixon is good but is to injury prone. That fat waste of space Spriggs isn't the answer unless your question is "Who is the slowest, fattest lineman on our team?"

A few more things: Our pass rush wasn't bad, Favre was taking 3 step drops and throwing the ball short. It wasn't like he had all day to pick us apart. Our D wasn't stellar but it wasn't bad. Sam Madiosn had an awful game, but Surtain played well. Our D played well enough to win, our QB played well enough to win. Our offense though stunk up the field and lost the game between our turnovrs and our horrible O-line not blocking for Ricky OR giving Lucas time to pass.

:monkey: our truly offensive line

BUT the other side of the coin is that Lucas did not use his pocket very well. He held the ball too long at times and moved at times towards the rush instead of away from the rush.
I think it was a combination of both: Lucas poor pocket presence and the OL not holding blocks very well.

the OL has been erratic and porr against any star DLmen lately. As far as looking ahead:

LTs are hard to come by so we may be stuck w/Dixon
Ruddy's has been replaced by McKinney
Searcy was supposed to be replace Perry, but is gone. OG are a bit easier to find, so we s/b able to be get a decent on in the off season - hopefully we can find another monster like Nails.

Our line is KILLING us. Tim Ruddy and Todd Perry should be astronomers because they are always on their back looking up at the stars. That is our biggest weak spot by far. We are being man handled at the point of attack. Doesn't matter how many guys are crowding the line, we are being beaten man for man.

We need to get rid of Ruddy, Perry, and Dixon in the offseason. Dixon is good but is to injury prone. That fat waste of space Spriggs isn't the answer unless your question is "Who is the slowest, fattest lineman on our team?"

A few more things: Our pass rush wasn't bad, Favre was taking 3 step drops and throwing the ball short. It wasn't like he had all day to pick us apart. Our D wasn't stellar but it wasn't bad. Sam Madiosn had an awful game, but Surtain played well. Our D played well enough to win, our QB played well enough to win. Our offense though stunk up the field and lost the game between our turnovrs and our horrible O-line not blocking for Ricky OR giving Lucas time to pass.

:monkey: our truly offensive line

I couldn't agree more LeftCoastFin, we definetly have to upgrade or O-line next year,unfortunatly we have to go with who we have now. Don't think Dixon will do any better than Spriggs pass blocking at LT. Dixon's run blocking is certainly better but he does both well at G. We need a good LT. And move Dixon back to G. The only reason Dixon is at G is because we didn't have anyone better at that position at the beginning of the season. Our O-line will play better if our passing game is working, this gives or O-lineman an advantage because it has te D-line guessing, we are to predictable w/o a passing game. Another thing I question is the blitz calls at the end of the first half, I knew we were going to get burned sooner or later. I think Bates gets to anscious at times and blitzes at predictable times, and takes Zach out of the play. I'd rather see us bring one of our saftey's more often.

Re: Re: Offensive line woes

Originally posted by phinfan_1
I'd rather see us bring one of our saftey's more often.
we should blitz a S often on JT's side when he is getting double-teamed - see McG's sack of Favre :up:

Re: Re: Re: Offensive line woes

Originally posted by dolphan39
we should blitz a S often on JT's side when he is getting double-teamed - see McG's sack of Favre :up:

I totaly agree Dolphan39

Do you mean McKinney is taking over now or are you referring to the future?
sorry - I meant in 2003/future

We have drafted poorly on the O-line for years and it's really catching up with us this year. Todd Wade is the only home grown product unless you count Ruddy, and he's finished.

I agree, even with the TO's if the line had played better we'd have been in the game..Our Oline sucked big time Monday night...Overhaul is an understatement..they need to be retired after that performance..

I agree with the thought of dumping T. Ruddy, T. Perry, M. Spriggs, and M. Dixon during the off-season.....

None of these guys are getting the job done IMO. T. Ruddy and T. Perry playing next to eachother, looks like the weakest point of attack....

I like the possibilty of putting S. McKinney at C full time next year, but he's still raw, and will need time/strength/and bulk to become the dominating player we're looking for to replace Ruddy....

OG T. Perry has improved from last seasons performance, but he's still only average at best IMO. It's time to look for a replacement.....

OG J. Nails has been a pleasant surprise, and we could use more players like him at OG. He's a keeper.....

OT M. Dixon is our most athletically gifted OLman, but he's been getting injured too often over the recent years. If he could put together a full season without getting hurt, I'd keep him, but as we all know, he's had major problems accomplishing that.....

RB R. Williams would probably be leading the league in rushing if we were stronger up front, and our starting QB wouldn't be on the injury list every week.....

It needs to get done very soon. I think we need to make the rebuilding of our OL the first priority during the off-season.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

!!

We should just not use a line at all and send all the linemen out to catch the ball because they arent blocking for **** now:o

Back
Top Bottom