Offensive line Play | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive line Play

Has anyone watched this tape of Tua’s rookie season? It’s a film breakdown by this guy, Douglie DoWrong, on YouTube?

I’ve watched most of it and I can’t for the life of me figure out why so many fans on this site are pounding the table for weapons for Tua in the first round?

After watching the game film, from a number of last seasons games, what I see is a offensive line that is absolutely deplorable in pass protection.

I really don’t see how skill players are going to be any better than what we have if Tua’s pocket breaks down almost every time?

The line is absolutely terrible identifying stunts on plays in this film session.

The whole interior line needs replaced and from what I saw the tackles were not much better.

I know there was no OTA’s but I’m sure they went over game film as a unit during the season. That unit to me is not very good, especially Flowers and Jesse Davis from what I saw. kindley seems to be a road grader and not a very good pass blocker.

I personally think this line needs fixed before you start adding skill positions to this offense.
I would love to see them sign Linsley in free agency and take Sewell with the pick at three. Until they get the offensive line figured out, they will continue to struggle on offense. Some posters don’t want the Dolphins to draft Sewell simply because the Dolphins used 3 draft picks and signed 2 offensive linemen last off season.
All those draft picks and free agents still didn’t fix the issues with the offensive line. They still couldn’t open holes in the running game and the pass blocking got worse and not better as the season went along. Fix the OL by drafting Sewell and signing Linsley and then use the next 3 picks in the draft to upgrade the skill positions on offense.

I'm not sure if we have a thread devoted to Free Agents (maybe we should), but this one kind of stood out to me.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Chargers are "actively shopping" G Trai Turner.​

There's a terrific chance he's simply released if the team can't find a suitor. Turner, 27, was acquired from the Panthers in exchange for OT Russell Okung last offseason but mustered only nine appearances with the Chargers (after previously playing 84 games in Carolina) due to a number of significant injuries experienced mid-year. With Kevin Zeitler's and Andrew Norwell's names recently cropping up as additional available options, the market is expected to be flooded with talented offensive linemen seeking fresh starts. Turner is due $11 million in base salary in 2021.

I've said many times that what I think we need is to draft a Tackle and move Hunt inside, but on the off chance that the fins like Hunt more at Tackle than I do... bringing in a guy like Turner might make some sense. He's young and prior to last year, has always been healthy. The Chargers may just cut him as they don't want to pay him 11M.
I wouldn't trade for him, and I'd rather bring in a Tackle... but this guy's age and likely cheaper price might make him a possibility.

I would love to see them sign Linsley in free agency and take Sewell with the pick at three. Until they get the offensive line figured out, they will continue to struggle on offense. Some posters don’t want the Dolphins to draft Sewell simply because the Dolphins used 3 draft picks and signed 2 offensive linemen last off season.
All those draft picks and free agents still didn’t fix the issues with the offensive line. They still couldn’t open holes in the running game and the pass blocking got worse and not better as the season went along. Fix the OL by drafting Sewell and signing Linsley and then use the next 3 picks in the draft to upgrade the skill positions on offense.
Agree to a point. It is irrelevant what we did before. To be successful, we must have a good O-line.

On the other hand, given the circumstances, we really don't know if it has been adequately addressed or not. The young guys will get better both in strength, and fundamentals/technique.

As I, and others, have pointed out, it takes time for a line to gel as a unit. The fact that it was a fiasco of an offseason, and it was 5 guys who had never played together as a unit leaves room for optimism.

Will they be good enough with the status quo? I have no idea. If Flo thinks we need Sewell, I would have no problem taking him.

A lot depends on what they think of Hunt. If they believe he is better suited to play gaurd, and take Flowers' spot going forward, Sewell makes sense.

It would make for a hell of a foundation.

While I would prefer Sewell over any other tackle in the draft or in free agency. I just hope they do something this off season to improve the offensive line. I don’t care how much they spent last off season in free agency and in the draft on the offensive line. Because the offensive line is still a major concern as far as I am concerned.

They need to upgrade the center position and I just don’t think Flowers is the answer at the LG position. Perhaps Jackson, Hunt, and Kindley will develop more in their 2nd year in the league but adding Linsley and Sewell to this unit would be a major upgrade IMO.

I fully understand that the Dolphins have a huge need at the skill positions but the need to upgrade the offensive line is the most pressing issue at this time. Because without a solid offensive line those skill position players are going to continue to struggle along with Tua.

I'm not sure if we have a thread devoted to Free Agents (maybe we should), but this one kind of stood out to me.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Chargers are "actively shopping" G Trai Turner.​

There's a terrific chance he's simply released if the team can't find a suitor. Turner, 27, was acquired from the Panthers in exchange for OT Russell Okung last offseason but mustered only nine appearances with the Chargers (after previously playing 84 games in Carolina) due to a number of significant injuries experienced mid-year. With Kevin Zeitler's and Andrew Norwell's names recently cropping up as additional available options, the market is expected to be flooded with talented offensive linemen seeking fresh starts. Turner is due $11 million in base salary in 2021.

I've said many times that what I think we need is to draft a Tackle and move Hunt inside, but on the off chance that the fins like Hunt more at Tackle than I do... bringing in a guy like Turner might make some sense. He's young and prior to last year, has always been healthy. The Chargers may just cut him as they don't want to pay him 11M.
I wouldn't trade for him, and I'd rather bring in a Tackle... but this guy's age and likely cheaper price might make him a possibility.
Not liking injury prone FA linemen, or the fact that we would have 20 mil tied up in gaurds with Flowers basically being uncuttable for this year.

While I would prefer Sewell over any other tackle in the draft or in free agency. I just hope they do something this off season to improve the offensive line. I don’t care how much they spent last off season in free agency and in the draft on the offensive line. Because the offensive line is still a major concern as far as I am concerned.

They need to upgrade the center position and I just don’t think Flowers is the answer at the LG position. Perhaps Jackson, Hunt, and Kindley will develop more in their 2nd year in the league but adding Linsley and Sewell to this unit would be a major upgrade IMO.

I fully understand that the Dolphins have a huge need at the skill positions but the need to upgrade the offensive line is the most pressing issue at this time. Because without a solid offensive line those skill position players are going to continue to struggle along with Tua.
IDK about more pressing, but skills can more easily be found with our other picks. Taking a WR @3 is foolishness, bordering on incompetence.

Not liking injury prone FA linemen, or the fact that we would have 20 mil tied up in gaurds with Flowers basically being uncuttable for this year.
I mostly agree... I've offered him only because I think as a 27 year old guy who'd played in 5 pro bowls, who can be had on a somewhat lower price... might pencil in for us, depending on what else we do.

He's not high on my list, but he is on it. I bet he costs MUCH less that Thuney.

1) Their ratings are frequently laughable.
2) His performance slipped after his foot injury, before that... he was playing at a higher level.
3) He was 21 years old.
4) recently donated bone marrow. Still gaining man strength

maybe more of a 3.5

respectfully will completely disagree with that sentiment.
1) that style of football has been outdated for nearly 15 years. you dont win like that in todays high/quick scoring NFL
2) two of those 3 quarterbacks had legendary defenses. without doing the research im confident their high draft picks went to the players that made up that defense
3) do you want to dedicate another draft to O lineman, leaving Tua (or any QB) with Parker and Williams as his top 2, not to mention no RB's?
I take sewe
respectfully will completely disagree with that sentiment.
1) that style of football has been outdated for nearly 15 years. you dont win like that in todays high/quick scoring NFL
2) two of those 3 quarterbacks had legendary defenses. without doing the research im confident their high draft picks went to the players that made up that defense
3) do you want to dedicate another draft to O lineman, leaving Tua (or any QB) with Parker and Williams as his top 2, not to mention no RB's?
if We stay at 3 I want sewell, At 18 get a wr or rb and in FA sign another Wr. Hoping for a trade down at 3 too. And yes the game has changed but you still need to win the trenches

Back
Top Bottom