Offensive line Play | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive line Play

After watching the game film, from a number of last seasons games, what I see is a offensive line that is absolutely deplorable in pass protection.

Because they addressed it, over and over again, and it is what it is. The players on the Oline are young, rookies. They should be given more time. But more importantly, we cannot be rebuilding every year. Something needs to be called as fixed. Skill positions are not one of those areas,
What the film shows is irrelevant.

This has been debated to no end. Lets say we need our O-line to play better but last year we had 3 rookies up front. you'd take they have a chance to get better. As far as WR's tho the cup is bare. We could get a guy like Linsley in free agency and maybe draft an OT in the 2nd round and move Hunt inside but we need WR's that can make plays. There's 3 top guys and we need to draft at least one of them.
Every other topic will come down to our line being efficient. That improves and everything else will.

I'm all for a great o-line but the cub board is bare when it comes to receivers. With #3, if we can't trade down, and I don't want to trade out beyond the 8th pick because I want Smith, Carr or Waddle. At 18 take care of RB because it's been neglected and its time for Miami to have a future All Pro at RB. I'm all for Najee Harris at #18 and I sure hope he's there.

I'm all for a great o-line but the cub board is bare when it comes to receivers. With #3, if we can't trade down, and I don't want to trade out beyond the 8th pick because I want Smith, Carr or Waddle. At 18 take care of RB because it's been neglected and its time for Miami to have a future All Pro at RB. I'm all for Najee Harris at #18 and I sure hope he's there.
Are you sure the cub board isn't bear?

Don't kill the messenger
Austin Jackson 37/38
Erik Flowers 14/39
Solomon Kindley 38/40
Robert Hunt 20/38
Ted Karras sorry his rating is behind Pff's pay wall

Parker 29/127
Williams 83/127
Gesicki 8/71

Tua 27/32
That's all I could find

Pretty sure most of you know we need much better QB,WR,RB, and OL play...The question is how do you prioritize each position? Free agency ,trade ,draft. buckle up this is going to be interesting

How are you suppose to work the intermediate and deep parts of the field with these new weapons you want, when the QB will not have enough time to throw?

I thought the Dolphins were rebuilding 2 years ago. A rebuild doesn’t happen overnight?

A lot of people on this board comp Tua to Brees, no? What the Saints have always done for Brees is invest in his line. I don’t think Kamara, Thomas and the rest of the Saints Wr’s would have been that successful without their guys up front.
legit weapons and better QB play (which i think is coming) will give you more time to throw as well. investing all these assets into an O line when your skill positions are awful isn't how you score points, especially in todays game. I agree that a rebuild doesn't happen overnight. However, With two first and two seconds and now some cap space we should take a pretty significant step forward this year, as we did last year.

Don't kill the messenger
Austin Jackson 37/38
Erik Flowers 14/39
Solomon Kindley 38/40
Robert Hunt 20/38
Ted Karras sorry his rating is behind Pff's pay wall

Parker 29/127
Williams 83/127
Gesicki 8/71

Tua 27/32
That's all I could find

Pretty sure most of you know we need much better QB,WR,RB, and OL play...The question is how do you prioritize each position? Free agency ,trade ,draft. buckle up this is going to be interesting
have been saying for the longest that Jackson was terrible this year. Not sure where the optimism was coming from.

Jackson is a great prospect and is super young at 21. With a full NFL Training Camp and pre-season you'll see this kid make a nice leap in year two. He was playing hurt and gutting it out. He showed a lot of good things as a rookie.

NONE of our WR could get any separation. That's a huge problem. If we had Allan Robinson on one side, D'Vonta Smith on the other, then we would have two WR that could get separation. If we got Robinson in FA, then I wpould be content to let DVP go for a late 3 or early 4th round pick, because that's really all he is worth.

I really don’t see how skill players are going to be any better than what we have if Tua’s pocket breaks down almost every time?

I personally think this line needs fixed before you start adding skill positions to this offense.

Guys that create separation and get open faster make it so the QB doesn’t have to hold the ball as long. That’s how they help an average or subpar online.

Also, elite weapons tend to be given a bit more cushion which opens up shorter, quicker throws. And they can take the bubble screens that go nowhere now much further.

In short, you’re not looking at this 3 dimensionally.

But, yes, we’d all like to see the line improved. But not at the expense of a 1st round pick and missing out on elite skill players.

Back
Top Bottom