Offensive Line | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive Line

Don't expect Kindley to last, but getting 2 linemen from the draft is laudable. They have to continue to grow...Sewell or Humphrey would be nice.

Not gonna be mad if they go elsewhere in the draft.

I am with you Eye.
I think trade down is the way to go. Smith and or Chase will still be there at 8.
Maybe they will be there if we trade down. Maybe not. Why risk it. Go get the guy you love. Smith will easily be top 5 on nearly every draft board.
You also need a trade partner. Everyone just says “trade down”. The three is not going to get a ton of trade interest because nearly every team 4-17 does not need a QB. Why would they need to jump to 3?
Trading down seems so easy but in reality it won’t be. Get your guy at 3 and go get another stud at 18. Or package a second with the 18 and move up a few spots for a guy you want.

Ya the new and improved 2.6 sec. OL plan. Miraculously give the exceptional WR 3 extra sec's to separate and an extra 2 ft. wide opening for that RB who should be the NFL's top RB.

OL, and to a much more limited degree the QB is what reduces sacks.
I hear what your saying and it’s valid. My only point is we can help our line with some receivers who can get separation. We also invested three high picks in the line and they will only get better. Go get the skill guys. Add a lineman in second if needed.

Deal. I will serve myself a piece of humble pie on side as well.
My deal for you includes trading down thou.
Do see a Trade as a very slim possibility but truthfully I can't see any team outside of the Jags and Jets, because they are the only ones with 2 first rounders this draft and they won't give them up to what trade down and our pk at 3 would be for a Kings ransom this year and high pks in 2022 because we're getting close now and need a few more spots filled to be in the big show next year. Not like last year with a lot more holes to fill and needing as many higher pks as achievable.

Also not brought up which is actually more feasible and the stronger possibility would be getting a monster OL man in FA. Say someone like a Ryan Ramczyk (Trade with the Saints who probably have to move due to their cap hit in which they now are 99 mil over the salary cap of 179 mil ), or other top shelf OL man that may become available.

Whatever the Dolphins do at 3 whether its Sewell or not this Oline is average and needs attention, if you can't run block you aren't going very far in this league. Now I know we started 3 rookies I get it, but damn it's still ugly, better than last year but needs work.

Maybe they will be there if we trade down. Maybe not. Why risk it. Go get the guy you love. Smith will easily be top 5 on nearly every draft board.
You also need a trade partner. Everyone just says “trade down”. The three is not going to get a ton of trade interest because nearly every team 4-17 does not need a QB. Why would they need to jump to 3?
Trading down seems so easy but in reality it won’t be. Get your guy at 3 and go get another stud at 18. Or package a second with the 18 and move up a few spots for a guy you want.
Atlanta at 4 Detroit at 7 Carolina at 8 and Denver at 9 could all go QB. Their will definitely be an opportunity to trade it’s just a matter of the return will be worth going down.

1 of the 3 premium WRs (Chase Smith or Waddle) will be there even if we drop down to 9. It’s a virtual guarantee 1 of them will be there.

Football is won at the line of scrimmage and then with QB play.

We’ve invested in the oline but not nearly enough, and with a mediocre GM like Grier you almost need to over invest.

If we don’t trade back and we draft Sewell at 3 and then take Creed Humphrey with one of our second rounders we may now finally have the makings of a dominant offensive line. Overall they’d be young but also extremely talented and have really good size when you factor in Hunt and Flowers.

Atlanta at 4 Detroit at 7 Carolina at 8 and Denver at 9 could all go QB. Their will definitely be an opportunity to trade it’s just a matter of the return will be worth going down.

1 of the 3 premium WRs (Chase Smith or Waddle) will be there even if we drop down to 9. It’s a virtual guarantee 1 of them will be there.
Atlanta at 4 is not trading to the 3 to get a QB when the 3 has a QB.

You make a solid point however that these teams could all go QB. Denver I doubt as they have Lock and Rypien both. Carolina just paid for Teddy.

We will see how it all plays out.

Atlanta at 4 is not trading to the 3 to get a QB when the 3 has a QB.

You make a solid point however that these teams could all go QB. Denver I doubt as they have Lock and Rypien both. Carolina just paid for Teddy.

We will see how it all plays out.
Matt Ryan and Matt Stafford can obviously still play. But other than TLaw the other guys Fields Wilson and Lance are not seen as guys who are going to start day 1. So if your Atlanta or Detroit I think it makes a ton of sense to go ahead and draft your young QB and let him sit for a year and maybe even 2 similar to how GB done with AR and what they did last year by drafting Jordan Love in round 1. That’s just being a smart front office.

As for Denver Drew Lock is absolutely trash and if I’m not mistaken he led the league in INTs and John Elway is starting to feel some heat from the fan base bc he’s missed on Paxton Lynch and now Drew Lock. Yes Lock has a good game against us but that was more the Denver defense than it was him lighting us up.

Carolina did pay Teddy B last year but they had to have a stopgap and they only signed him for 3 years and now 1 year of that contract is already played out so it would make sense to again take 1 of the 3 Fields Wilson or Lance and let him sit for the next 1/2 years to develop behind Teddy B.

All 4 of these teams may choose to not go QB but chances are 1 of the 4 will and that’s when we need to be ready to take advantage of it and hopefully we will.

Do see a Trade as a very slim possibility but truthfully I can't see any team outside of the Jags and Jets, because they are the only ones with 2 first rounders this draft and they won't give them up to what trade down and our pk at 3 would be for a Kings ransom this year and high pks in 2022 because we're getting close now and need a few more spots filled to be in the big show next year. Not like last year with a lot more holes to fill and needing as many higher pks as achievable.

Also not brought up which is actually more feasible and the stronger possibility would be getting a monster OL man in FA. Say someone like a Ryan Ramczyk (Trade with the Saints who probably have to move due to their cap hit in which they now are 99 mil over the salary cap of 179 mil ), or other top shelf OL man that may become available.
I have to disagree with you. I see Panthers, Lions, Eagles and Broncos as potential trading partner with dolphins. All these team can use a young stud qb.

Which group would you rather have
opt 1. (via the Draft network mock) Trade down to 8 with the panthers 72nd pick & next year first, Jaylon Waddle, Travis Etienne, Creed Humphrey & Quincy Roche
opt 2. (no Trade) Jamar Chase, Zaven Collins, Narjee Harris & Josh Myers
opt 3. (no trade) Penei Sewell, Rashan Bateman, Chris Olave, Javonte Williams

Gonna use the same logic I see around here.

Sewell aint that good cause he has no good defensive ends to block in the weak PAC 12.

How many of the current top 10 wide receivers in the game were top 5 picks??
Answer is: 1 Amari Cooper at 4 overall pick.
Next in line is Julio Jones at 6 and Mike Evan at 7.
Without an offensive line you can't throw, you can't run. You are putting the cart before the horse.
Spending the 3 overall pick on Devonta Smith who is 170 pounds soaking wet is extremely risky, IMO. You can get decent WR talent with the 18 overall pick.
And how many of those guy weighed in at 174 lbs. I have my doubts about smith even going top 15

Back
Top Bottom