OFFENSIVE LINE | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OFFENSIVE LINE

I’m not a coach either…but I have observed over the decades of watching NFL football the need to let your O-line gel as a unit and the need to let a young O-lineman attempt to master one position, only moving them in an emergency situation or if you determine they have failed at one position.

In my opinion…the repeated moving of Eichenberg has been ridiculous, and the moving of Robert Hunt on a young line in need of stability contributed greatly to the failure we have observed.
especially when he was improving at the one he was at

As someone who considers Grier a massively below average GM and perennial loser as a front office executive, I don’t blame him for how he drafted this year…

Although he has been probably THE worst talent evaluator in regards to OL in the NFL, there is no way he could have predicted the regression we have seen in our OL. That falls on coaching - Flores and the people he hires.

With that said, center was going to be a position of weakness going in to the season and we did nothing to address it save from signing Skura which is just a filler. We did nothing through FA or draft - that was disappointing.

Well here's something I ran across a few minutes ago and thought those that see serious issues with the OL would like to see it.
Our new potential Center or OL man.

For those not concerned or feel the OD effect of the OL, , just ignore it. You know don't watch, move on its really very very easy and nobody is forcing you...

This front office's (Griers) chart for 'what do we look for in an offensive lineman' consists of only 2 things...

1. Is he fat
2. Can he stand there

The end.

No wonder we still have problems after an infinite number of years....
I am not a fan of the picks he has made, but this statement is ludicrous. If you aiming for tongue and cheek, you went too far.

Before the season started I posted several times our success would hinder on our OL. I’d never thought in a million years I was going to see OL play as bad as the Dallas Thomas days but here we are once again. This front office is clueless, their job was to protect Tua at all cost to evaluate him. As much as I love waddle, the right pick should of been Sewell and then someone like josh Myers. This draft should of been all O LINENAN & one stud RB. If I’m Tua I’m not coming back from IR with Jackson and Davis playing tackle.
You’re gonna set some people off again.

I am not a fan of the picks he has made, but this statement is ludicrous. If you aiming for tongue and cheek, you went too far.
In the time it took you to write that, our QB got sacked.....twice...

d54b830ad27f46fdab2cc93baad4ddd8.jpg

IMO Slater (at 12) would have been fine. He’s actually played better than Sewell who has been inconsistent the past 2 weeks. Sewell is only 20 though, so there is obviously massive upside there. This is just my opinion, but I really don’t think adding more rookies to our line was the best option. We needed to spend money better in FA. A guy like Thuney, Linsley or Andrews would have really helped us out.
I was a Sewell guy but I liked Slater as well. A lot of posters here clamored for the fancy offensive weapons when it was clear as day we had OL problems last year. Either of them would have shored at least one side up, hell could have probably still gotten Waddle or Smith also.

I was also full on board for Andrews as well and pissed when they signed Skura, caught flack for that as well here.

You are absolutely correct, it's a shame the FO didn't see and continue to not see what some here had. Like sand in the hourglass...

the fact that eichenberg spent his career at LT at notre dame only means he was their best offensive lineman.
Dude, going from playing 2 years at LT to suddenly playing RT at the NFL level is asking for problems LG to RG, no problem. Tackle is a whole nother monster. It's hard enough to go from College to the NFL playing the position you played your entire College career is just inviting disaster.
Flo, has no clue how to utilize talent. And here we are.

Dude, going from playing 2 years at LT to suddenly playing RT at the NFL level is asking for problems LG to RG, no problem. Tackle is a whole nother monster. It's hard enough to go from College to the NFL playing the position you played your entire College career is just inviting disaster.
Flo, has no clue how to utilize talent. And here we are.
i have to disagree.

most LT in college (the best player on the line) end up at RT (or Guard) in the pros.

the elite of the elite get to stay at LT, the rest get moved.

i have no idea what the transition for Eich has been like, specifically, but in general the vast majority of college LT are RT (or Guard) in the NFL.

if it was as difficult a transition as you say, that would not have been happening since the dawn of the NFL.

for most college teams, if they get any OLinemen drafted, it is the LT.

they then go on to play all over the lines in the NFL (rarely staying at LT).

I disagree. Don’t draft them. Sign some studs in FA and fix this thing. No more over drafted turds, bargain FAs who stink etc. Spend money on not 1 but 2 excellent vets.
Agree. 70 million in cap. Resign ogbah Gesicki. Then two not one really good lineman. Use draft for wideouts and linebackers.

Did you see how much Tampa blitzed vs NE? I will be surprised if Brissett survives. Jackson is horrible
Nah. It’s tua fault. Jackson is great . Brisket has been great. No drop off just like you said would happen. Good call

Before the season started I posted several times our success would hinder on our OL. I’d never thought in a million years I was going to see OL play as bad as the Dallas Thomas days but here we are once again. This front office is clueless, their job was to protect Tua at all cost to evaluate him. As much as I love waddle, the right pick should of been Sewell and then someone like josh Myers. This draft should of been all O LINENAN & one stud RB. If I’m Tua I’m not coming back from IR with Jackson and Davis playing tackle.

Then we would be complaining that Tua has no weapons and how our WRs can't get separation. Especially with Fuller injured (shocker).

Austin Jackson Draft Profile based on noted Strengths. He all of a sudden drops off and does not become a better player. The offensive line coach has to go it not the picks it the coaches!!

Strengths
  • Outstanding athleticism on athletic frame
  • Room for additional mass and development
  • Nimble feet and quick twitch headline his athletic gifts
  • Flashes bend and initial pop as drive-blocker
  • Initial lateral steps gain ground quickly
  • Quick to second level on cutoff blocks
  • Rangy -- capable in long pulls and wide receiver screens
  • Rapid kick slide offers mirroring mechanism against speed
  • Slick splash technique to create imbalance from rushers
  • Ability to redirect against counters
  • Athleticism for above-average recovery talent