OFFENSIVE LINE | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OFFENSIVE LINE

You can't compare market value for TE's that are great blockers to those that aren't. It makes no sense. No one is beating down the door to sign TE that can't block. If Gesicki had value he would've been traded or resigned.
Also, Gesicki had a poor grade for route running. "He rounds off his routes"

Last edited:
It won't be for us. It's obvious we don't pay 13 million a year for TEs that can't block. He will go elsewhere. Wish him the best cause I like the guy. But not even close to worth 13 million.
Not saying you’re incorrect, but how is it “obvious we don’t pay TEs that don’t block?” This regime hasn’t even negotiated any TE contract yet

Not saying you’re incorrect, but how is it “obvious we don’t pay TEs that don’t block?” This regime hasn’t even negotiated any TE contract yet
Because we would've signed him if we agreed with his value. Not signing him before the season ends would be very bad if you felt was he was truly worth his agents asking price of 13.5 million.
Gesicki, will hit the open market because we obviously can't trade him for any value.
Gesicki has numerous flaws. He isn't a great route runner. He is a poor blocker. He does have good hands and size.
Not anywhere near caliber if Kelce and Kittle.

Gronk makes 10 million. If you think Gesicki is worth more you have no clue as to what TE's are expected to do.
Watch film on Gronk. Gronk, Kelce and Kittle can 1v1 block D-lineman. They are at the top of their field. Gesicki, is an awful blocker.
If you think Gesicki should get Kelce or Kittle money...not sure what to say to someone that understands so little about the workload of a true TE.
I played TE for 3 years at Akron U.
Non-blocking TE that aren't Antonio Gates are not highly valued.
We drafted Hunter Long, a total package, TE. Gesicki will be gone next year.

I prefer a traditional TE who can block and receive as well, but I wouldn't be surprised if some OCs will be licking their chops if Gesicki hits the market. It takes a while for him to get going, but Gesicki has a great catch radius and usually catches balls thrown his way. Our inconsistency on offense has prevented us from capitalizing on Gesicki's and Waddle's strengths. Hopefully, when Tua comes back, our offense will get more into a rhythm, and we will see significant improvement all around.

I prefer a traditional TE who can block and receive as well, but I wouldn't be surprised if some OCs will be licking their chops if Gesicki hits the market. It takes a while for him to get going, but Gesicki has a great catch radius and usually catches balls thrown his way. Our inconsistency on offense has prevented us from capitalizing on Gesicki's and Waddle's strengths. Hopefully, when Tua comes back, our offense will get more into a rhythm, and we will see significant improvement all around.
There's a couple good things and bad things about the Gman that will determine his value.

Good: Fantastic route runner, excellent hands, great height

Bad: Average run blocker, slow to get to speed, not good at YAC

If Miami is comfortable.in running a two TE set for eternity I think they will make a competitive offer. Otherwise, he will walk and we start over with Hunter, who by all accounts will be better. Who knows though.

In the end, Gman is just another WR tbh, there's not much that differentiates him from that position.

I love the Gman, I wouldn't mind having him back but Everytime I see him running he looks like a giraffe. Lol.

There's a couple good things and bad things about the Gman that will determine his value.

Bad: Average run blocker, slow to get to speed, not good at YAC

If Miami is comfortable.in running a two TE set for eternity I think they will make a competitive offer. Otherwise, he will walk and we start over with Hunter, who by all accounts will be better. Who knows though.

In the end, Gman is just another WR tbh, there's not much that differentiates him from that position.

I love the Gman, I wouldn't mind having him back but Everytime I see him running he looks like a giraffe. Lol.
We have to start hitting Mike G down the seem, deep posts etc, he catches everything near him...so under utilized

If Gesicki was a fantastic route runner it would be easy to overlook all his shortcomings. Unfortunately hes not and probably will never be. He doesn't have that short area quickness that the great receiving TEs have and his route tree is always going to be extremely limited.

Will probably pay 11 mill for another DB that can’t cover on third down
Honestly, in the grand scheme of things, paying $11 million for DBs who can’t cover on third down is one of our better team policies. Alternatives include using first rounders on DBs who can’t cover on any down, paying $13 mill for LBs who can’t stop the run or pass, paying $20 mill for a pair of WRs who don’t want to play football, and using first, second, third, and fourth round picks on offensive linemen while Jesse Davis protects our QB’s blindside.

Honestly, in the grand scheme of things, paying $11 million for DBs who can’t cover on third down is one of our better team policies. Alternatives include using first rounders on DBs who can’t cover on any down, paying $13 mill for LBs who can’t stop the run or pass, paying $20 mill for a pair of WRs who don’t want to play football, and using first, second, third, and fourth round picks on offensive linemen while Jesse Davis protects our QB’s blindside.
Yep, It’s an epidemic of bad choices

I have news for you. Howard and Jones are close to 40 million combined with bonuses. Howard can make 17 million with incentives and Jones makes more than he does.

Back
Top Bottom