Offensive line | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive line

phinfan_1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Does anyone here know who will be the projected starters on the O-line will be? Our O-line was so terrible last year. Has there been any major changes? Besides having a better RB, which I know will help.

It's still way too early to know for sure. So far it looks like it'll be:

LT- Damion McIntosh/Vernon Carey
LG- Jeno James/Greg Jerman
C - Seth McKinney/Wade Smith
RG- Rex Hadnot/Taylor Whitley
RT- Stockar McDougle/John St. Clair (possibly at LT),Anthony Alabi, Tony Pape

(In that order.)

Wade Smith could either go C, T, G... for all we know. Rex Hadnot could possibly play C. Vernon Carey is in competition for starting LT. It's all still one big mess with a lot of uncertainty. I trust Houck will figure out what's best.

painnotpleasure said:
It's still way too early to know for sure. So far it looks like it'll be:

LT- Damion McIntosh/Vernon Carey
LG- Jeno James/Greg Jerman
C - Seth McKinnley/Wade Smith
RG- Rex Hadnot/Taylor Whitley
RT- Stockar McDougle/John St. Clair/Anthony Alabi

(In that order.)

Wade Smith could either go C, T, G... for all we know. Rex Hadnot could possibly play C. Vernon Carey is in competition for starting LT. It's all still one big mess with a lot of uncertainty. I trust Houck will figure out what's best.
And don't forget Damion Cook - he could well start at RG. And I hope that the coaches move Carey back to a more natural position for him - RG.

bright-light said:
And don't forget Damion Cook - he could well start at RG. And I hope that the coaches move Carey back to a more natural position for him - RG.
Oh right, I forgot about Cook. Yeah, he does have a shot at starting RG. Or possible we may end up releasing Jerman and/or Whitley and he could be serving the back up role at LG or RG this season and work his way up to starter.

LT- McIntosh/Alabi
LG-Jeno James
C-Wade Smith/McKinney
RG-V. Carey/D. Cook/Hadnot
RT-McDougle/Pape
IMO.....

Puffboy(ricky) said:
With Hope Wade is a big hit a center, seth needs to be cut
You got that right. I wasn't all that thrilled when we re-signed him. He'll get released if he performs like he did last year.

Puffboy(ricky) said:
With Hope Wade is a big hit a center, seth needs to be cut

Yeah that seems like that would be a great spot for him, if he has the mind for it.

LT - McIntosh at this point until he is outplayed. could see alabi here but i highly doubt that. if anything st clair could end up here if mcintosh cant get it done.

LG - jeno. the end.

C - will be a 3 way battle between smith, st clair and mckinney. though i'd like to see smith or st clair end up here, i have a bad feeling seth hangs on to his job. we need a center.

RG - carey, hadnot and cook will battle for RG, i think carey wins out

RT- mcdougal. the end

ill go out on a limb here....

LT-Anthony Alabi
LG-Jeno James
C-Rex Hadnot
RG-Vernon Carey
RT-Stockar Mcdougle

thecoordinator said:
though i'd like to see smith or st clair end up here, i have a bad feeling seth hangs on to his job. we need a center.
I guess I don't really understand what that means. While I would agree with you that at this point it looks like we need a center; the rest doesn't make sense.
IMO, whoever ends up starting at center proved in TC to be the best option. That's who I want starting at center. McKinney, Smith, St. Clair; I do not care as long as the guy is our best option for that position.

late again said:
I guess I don't really understand what that means. While I would agree with you that at this point it looks like we need a center; the rest doesn't make sense.
IMO, whoever ends up starting at center proved in TC to be the best option. That's who I want starting at center. McKinney, Smith, St. Clair; I do not care as long as the guy is our best option for that position.

He's saying that if McKinney wins out, then the others are worst than him and that's not good, so we'll still need a center, (to replace McKinney, if he plays as bad as he did last year.)

MDFINFAN said:
He's saying that if McKinney wins out, then the others are worst than him and that's not good, so we'll still need a center, (to replace McKinney, if he plays as bad as he did last year.)

Hey, if any of those guys play as bad as they did last year....we're in trouble.

vernons fat azz better earn a starting spot somewhere. some of you guys give him a free pass beacuse hes a cane

Back
Top Bottom