Offensive Linemen in the draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive Linemen in the draft

uncle_joe

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm just wondering what offensive linemen will be available in the upcoming draft. This is an issue that should be addressed before the QB situation, I think. W/O a good line, a new QB would have no room to maneuver, just like Fiedler and Griese.

I only know of two guys in the upcomg draft worth getting: 6'8" 300 lb. Drew Strojny(Duke) and 6'7" 320 lb. Robert Gallery(Iowa). Gallery won the Outland Trophy this year, awarded to the best interior lineman in the country. I saw some footage of Gallery and, while it was limited, he looked incredible. He's a lean guy who has a massive amount of muscle, which does not detract from his speed. He plows guys over. Strojny is kind of a personal pick, seeing as we graduated in the same class from high school. However, I believe that he is considered one of the top linemen.

There are always good picks from Michigan and BC, two schools known for quality linemen. BC's line has been good all year. Augie Hoffman is graduating this year from BC; he is a 6'2" 307 lb. guard and is pretty good.

How high do offensive linemen typically go? In other words, would Gallery be out of our reach by the time our pick comes?

Back
Top Bottom