Offensive Scheme | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive Scheme

Unfortunately, the past three years of regular season play doesn't lead me to that conclusion.

I was hoping this year would be different, but there is literally nothing that would point to any substantial change.

Me thinks you are wearing rose colored glasses.

I agree, there is nothing that leads me to believe that this isn’t the real offense. Now is the time to open it up during live gameplay because these games don’t matter.

Seems like pre-season is where you should step on the gas, rev the engine and Chuck the pig to see what you got.

Also puts the league in notice that you better keep your safeties back which in turn opens up a lot of other things

Dolphins current scaredy cat approach hasn't resulted in the team jumping off to a fast start with huge points for the first quarter of the season, etc. So why not?

At least you know who can throw it and who can catch it

I like Fales. Seems like he looks long first. Maybe he can be developed

I don't think I have ever criticized Gase before. He took over an awful team, and I gave him a pass for last years debacle.

My patience is growing pretty thin now though. I've always said you can't build a winner when you change staffs every couple of years. I am almost to the point of saying blow it up. Very sad.

Look like this is what we are going to Get. Tannehill is better than Cutler so instead of 6-10 you get 8-8....

Look like this is what we are going to Get. Tannehill is better than Cutler so instead of 6-10 you get 8-8....
Ppl often talk about the "ceiling" of individual players. I think the ceiling of this system is 1and done in the playoffs, even if they make it there.

Until we get the TEs involved, I think our receiving corps is overrated, regardless of whether Stills and Parker were out.

Which of our receivers is the one you trust to be open at the 9 yard mark when you need 8 yards?

I don't think we have that go-to guy.

I've said this before. When you need 10 to 12 play to score a TD it doesn't work very often. The more plays you have to run the more chances for something to go wrong which last night it did on every drive. You need big plays sometimes. Last night each drive had either a penalty or a missed block or an incomplete pass and a negative run which kills the drive. That's why I didn't want us to run the offense thru Landry. That stuff doesn't work. You got a lot of speed now and you need to use it.

I've said this before. When you need 10 to 12 play to score a TD it doesn't work very often. The more plays you have to run the more chances for something to go wrong which last night it did on every drive. You need big plays sometimes. Last night each drive had either a penalty or a missed block or an incomplete pass and a negative run which kills the drive. That's why I didn't want us to run the offense thru Landry. That stuff doesn't work. You got a lot of speed now and you need to use it.

I imagine Parker, Stills, and Gesicki will be the primary downfield targets in this offense. Grant, Wilson and Drake you just want to get some room so they have the opportunity to make the first guy miss.

I hope you guys dont think yesterday Gase is suppose to game plan for the panthers? This is about try outs (one on one matchups) this is not about game planning.

I hope you guys dont think yesterday Gase is suppose to game plan for the panthers? This is about try outs (one on one matchups) this is not about game planning.

thats a great point. if they had game planned for the panthers we probably wouldnt have seen those wr screens or the short passing game. thats not usually what we do.

thats a great point. if they had game planned for the panthers we probably wouldnt have seen those wr screens or the short passing game. thats not usually what we do.

Yeah man they are running plays to see how the players execute them. The samething with the Panther defense. They were running plays regardless of the opponent to see how their defense responds. These plays will be run during the season but they will be run within a game plan. The First two preseason games, I evaluate individual play because the dolphins have to figure out who they are gonna keep or release. Game 3 I look at units because the units are pretty much set. And Game 3 you may see a glimpse of a scheme. Game four its just about who gonna make the practice squad.

Don’t worry it’s Vanilla week. Offense was Vanilla Bean last week. Next week will be French Vanilla, come opening day the offense will be Rocky Road.

Hard to believe at this point some still don't get that concept. Hell, some are still complaining Tannehill wasn't chucking it down the field on every opportunity.

Trying to decide whether Miami's offensive scheme should be called...

A) Bubbles (screens)
B) Chunk Inches
C) Dead Zone

1st team offense so far this preseason-Zero TD's
This is my main frustration. I hate the trend of weak red zone efficiency. You get that INT, take that great field position and SCORE A FRIGGIN TD!!!!

I don't care that it's preseason, it's just pathetic and weak to not have gotten in the end zone there.

It's also a game that you want to "try" to win. Otherwise what is the point? Don't cruise through preseason field goal happy and then get into the regular wondering why the team is weak in the red zone.

Back
Top Bottom