Offensive Tackle: Becton or Jones | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive Tackle: Becton or Jones

The Bopkin

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Let's say we traded up to 3 for Tua, gave #26 in the deal, and we want a tackle at 18...
At 18 we have a choice of tackles either Josh Jones or Mecti Becton Louisville...these being the two choices, which one do you take?

I like them both, Jones is more likely to be there.

I'd take both Isaiah Wilson and Peart in the 2d Rd, one for LT. Becton and Jones are not worth it at 18. Anae will beat the crap out of them.

I think I would hope one falls that far...

Both would be great though so I would be happy with either.

so, we desperately need an LT. Im fine with Davis at RT for a year or two.

What if we got Andrew Thomas at 5, and then traded our 18 and 26 to move up and get Herbert?

I haven't paid much attention to the LT's, but is Thomas wayyyy better than Becton and Jones, or just a little?

so, we desperately need an LT. Im fine with Davis at RT for a year or two.

What if we got Andrew Thomas at 5, and then traded our 18 and 26 to move up and get Herbert?

I haven't paid much attention to the LT's, but is Thomas wayyyy better than Becton and Jones, or just a little?
It depends on who you ask...I have seen Becton rated higher then Thomas. Personally I would rather sit with my initial assessment and leave it as him being the best tackle in the class.

Are you worried about Bectons weight, being able to handle fast edge rushers?

He moves really well. I was shocked when I first watched him knowing his weight.

Becton is rising fast from what I’ve read and may end up the first tackle taken.

We would be very fortunate to get either one at 18.

Last edited:
I'd be fine with either of them at 18, depending on what we do in free agency and who we take at 5. Either way I'd like for us to draft an OT in the first round.

IF the fins end up with Tua then they will have to find a pass protecting OT who can play on the right side.

Changing sides is sometimes a more difficult transition than you would expect, so you probably want to find a guy who has played on the right side and has LT type skills.

Back
Top Bottom