Offensive Tackle prospects for 2006 draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive Tackle prospects for 2006 draft

I know he did not have the best senior year then again Marino didn't either the tackle I would love to have is Marcus McNeil.

theres something so lack-luster about drafting lineman. Especially because they never seem to be the beast you expect them to be.

McNeil would mean we could move Carey to LT and McNeil could start at RT. As for McIntosh, he might actually be a trade possibility with his decent age and relatively good contract.

- Carey+McNeil is a scary tackle combo...

Jonathan Scott sounds really good according to these scouting reports. Solid on and off the field, and according to this site's mock draft, he will be there when the Phins pick.

I'll be paying close attention to this kid when Texas and USC play.

Jonathan Scott link: http://condraft.com/player.php?id=737

Jaj said:
McNeil would mean we could move Carey to LT and McNeil could start at RT. As for McIntosh, he might actually be a trade possibility with his decent age and relatively good contract.

- Carey+McNeil is a scary tackle combo...

why would you switch both their positions?

Nappy Roots said:
why would you switch both their positions?

Because Carey is a natural pass protector but not a great run blocker, and McNeil is a monster who could maul people in run blocking, but who might not be able to move his feet well enough in pass protection to be a LT. Carey's already demonstrated a relatively smooth ability to move from left to right, back to left, back to right, etc. I'm not sure if McNeil can do that, usually people end up assuming it's possible when it isn't necessarily something that should be assumed. Todd Steussie had trouble moving from left to right. Kenyatta Walker always played right and had trouble moving to left. Sometimes it is because these guys aren't as ambidextrous as you'd hope.

If we got McNeil, in his rookie year that is exactly what I would do. McNeil on the right, Carey and Alabi duking it out on the left.

ehh then i wouldnt draft McNeil in the first. i wouldnt draft a RT in the first round. McNeils body is better fit for the LT position, and i dont think hes as good a run blocker as you give him credit for.

Nappy Roots said:
ehh then i wouldnt draft McNeil in the first. i wouldnt draft a RT in the first round. McNeils body is better fit for the LT position, and i dont think hes as good a run blocker as you give him credit for.

I think you draft the best player at the OT position you can and let which side he plays on take care of itself.

Geez, I just noticed that Marcus McNeil is 6'9". These kids outta college just keep getting bigger and bigger. Anyone know if there was ever a 7-foot tall player in the NFL?

Well he is a possibility. It would seem pretty obvious now that every Dolphin player has to be large now. From LB to DL to especially the secondary players have to have good speed+good size. Saban doesn't seem to care as much about overachievers or underachievers lately.

Back
Top Bottom