Offer made to Law? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offer made to Law?

TrueDolFan

Jimi Hendrix wanna-be
Reaction score
I was just listening to KFAN AM 1130 radio here in St. Paul, MN - and they said that the Miami Herald is reporting that the Dolphins have an offer out on the table for Ty Law. Does anybody know anything about this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel confident in saying this...

No matter where Law plays....dude IS NOT going to get anything more than the vet minimum (which I think is around $760k). If he is lucky he might get $1mil even. Now, especially if he is siged as a band aid for someone who has a starting CB go down in the upcoming training camps. Then the team definitely isn't going to drop big coin on him. I think Ty Law is in La La Land right now about his asking price.

TrueDolFan said:
I was just listening to KFAN AM 1130 radio here in St. Paul, MN - and they said that the Miami Herald is reporting that the Dolphins have an offer out on the table for Ty Law. Does anybody know anything about this?
Yes, I recall seeing a post about this on this board last week - it was also reported on KFFL via Jason Cole. I do not know details but I am assuming its for a 1 year deal for minimum with incentives.

It was reported when he first visited we offered this, but I happen to think that Nick is starting to push a little more and Ty is starting to warm up to the idea more. Why? Because in the last two days, I have seen it reported on several sites (rotoworld for one) that we have this offer on the table. Now, is it a new offer? Who really knows.. What I do know, is that Tillman is out until training camp, and I saw Howard and Edwards in red jerseys on the final day of minicamp. Probably not serious injuries, but maybe Nick is starting to see the importance of a deep secondary?

Schleprock said:

No matter where Law plays....dude IS NOT going to get anything more than the vet minimum (which I think is around $760k). If he is lucky he might get $1mil even. Now, especially if he is siged as a band aid for someone who has a starting CB go down in the upcoming training camps. Then the team definitely isn't going to drop big coin on him. I think Ty Law is in La La Land right now about his asking price.

If I'm not mistaken, there is an offer on the table for him from the Patriots that is quite a bit above the vet minimum. I remember reading that in the Boston Globe a while back, I'm not sure if Belichick took that offer off the table, but for a while he could have signed a pretty nice deal with the Pats.

Just to add:

Jets probably not interested anymore (D. Abraham returning)

Lions signed McQuarters, probably not interested anymore

FaninPatsyLand said:
If I'm not mistaken, there is an offer on the table for him from the Patriots that is quite a bit above the vet minimum. I remember reading that in the Boston Globe a while back, I'm not sure if Belichick took that offer off the table, but for a while he could have signed a pretty nice deal with the Pats.

Must be nice to be able to take a gamble like that. :(

FaninPatsyLand said:

Pats have about 4-5 starting quality corners.

Law would be foolish to go there, especially because of the way he acted during the whole situation. I mean, he would be admitting defeat.

Here, he would have a chance to start.

byroan said:
Must be nice to be able to take a gamble like that. :(

Yeah really..

I don't remember the exact numbers, but it obviously didn't stack up to what Law or the Poston's felt he was worth then. Maybe their view will change when they realize no one is beating down the door to sign this guy. By that time Belichick will probably have taken it off the table. :lol:

Dolfan1000 said:
Pats have about 4-5 starting quality corners.

Law would be foolish to go there, especially because of the way he acted during the whole situation. I mean, he would be admitting defeat.

Here, he would have a chance to start.

5 quality starting corners???

No team in the NFL has 5 quality starting corners, unless you consider Earthwind Moreland quality.

Regardless, Law will start wherever he signs. I'm sure cornerback depth is not on his priority list, he just wants to get paid.

Dolfan1000 said:
Gay
Samuel
Scott
Starks

Samuel is a safety.

You left out Tyrone Pool, their starter. :lol: Scott and Gay are not quality starters in the NFL. Gay didn't even start at LSU.

Starks was a decent pickup from Arizona and should be solid for them. 4-5 quality starters is a complete joke though.

Schleprock said:

vet min is 450K

Back
Top Bottom