*Official 06-07 NHL Thread* | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Official 06-07 NHL Thread*

Crisis said:
I just realised the Sabres are already over 100 goals on the season...God damn I love this team.

Part of that I believe is that the team has stars. Vanek/Briere/Drury/Afinogenov/Campbell/Miller are elite players although Miller has struggled IMO. Although maybe it is that other guys are getting all the publicity. I think Briere and Drury are both UFA after the year and if somebody asked me before the season who I think they should re-sign I would say Drury. Right now I think Briere is more important. Maybe it is because rarely does anybody hear anything from Drury in the Buffalo media but Briere is the guy I think they should re-sign. The Sabres do remind me somewhat of Ottawa last year everywhere except that Miller on his worst day is still as good as Emery. With how good they've played Buffalo is as banged up as any team in the league.

Bruins have won 7 of 10, Patrice Bergeron has points in 8 straight, Brad Boyes is starting the score and Tim Thomas is playing really well....

...just thought I'd mention it...

Lydmon and Hecht return for the Sabres tonight. Derek Roy is supposedly coming back sometime next week. Paille and Stafford will still be in the lineup and i'm just going by logic and Biron will probably get a start tomorrow. The NHL schedule is just ridiculous this is atleast the 3rd week I can remember of the Sabres having basically monday thru thursday off then back-to-back games. I really don't get the logic.

djfresh47 said:
Lydmon and Hecht return for the Sabres tonight. Derek Roy is supposedly coming back sometime next week. Paille and Stafford will still be in the lineup and i'm just going by logic and Biron will probably get a start tomorrow. The NHL schedule is just ridiculous this is atleast the 3rd week I can remember of the Sabres having basically monday thru thursday off then back-to-back games. I really don't get the logic.

Makes as much sense as the Bruins opening the season on the road and not playing a home game until the season was 18 days old.

Slappy8800 said:
Rangers cant bu ya win vs the sabres.....

The rest of the league is in the same boat.

the more I look at it the more I believe that unless they get ravaged by injuries again or run into a VERY hot goaltender they are going to cruise to the Finals.

I know it is early but damn, they are that good.

The West looks like it is going to be a BATTLE.

The Northwest division is funny. 3 points seperate first from fifth and I just don't see any way for any of the 5 teams in that division to seprate themselves from the rest of the pack unless one of them makes a big trade. They all have HUGE flaws.

The Oilers have a thin defense and their offense is spotty.
The Flames' offense is a rumour.
The Wild have goaltending issues and have trouble scoring consistently.
The Av's have inconsistent goaltending, thin defense and inconsistent scoring (because of their youth at forward)
The Canucks are the definition of a one line team. If the Swede line does'nt get them 3 goals a night they lose.

Back
Top Bottom