*Official 06-07 NHL Thread* | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Official 06-07 NHL Thread*

unifiedtheory said:
The New York Islanders are a first place hockey club...

Wait a minute...

The New York Islanders are a first place hockey club...

No matter how many times I say it I still don't believe it. Nolan has them playing their ***** off.

BTW- who the hell was that guy wearing Viktor Kozlov's jersey on Sunday night at the Garden? I'm sure the Panther fans here will agree with me when I say: Why the hell does this guy only play like he cares once in a while? Two years with the Devils, and this guy never played like that. Sure, there would be a game or two every now and then when he decided to show up, and he'd be dominant at times. But those occasions were extremely few and far between, if ever. Honestly, the only time I ever thought I'd hear the words "Viktor Kozlov" and "4 goals in one game" in the same sentence would only be if the same sentence included the words "on the ice for" and "against".

dominizzo said:
Bobbbby Clarke is VP!! Fo4r The FLYERSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Good. This only ensures the Flyers will continue to be a poorly run, pathetic organization, and that the Devils will continue to remain a step ahead of them in every possible aspect.

unifiedtheory said:
:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

Ed Snider is like the guy who breaks up with his girlfriend because she cheated on him but takes her back anyway, even though he KNOWS she'll cheat on him again.

Long live Ed and his Cupless Wonders. Here's to the Flyers never winning a Cup ever again. :sidelol: :sidelol:

unifiedtheory said:
Things are looking up...

Tim Thomas is playing lights out right now.

Thomas has been awesome, and Murray has been lighting it up as well. My sister and brother-in-law live in Boston, and I'm actually headed up there this weekend for the Devils-Bruins game on Saturday night. Really looking forward to it.

brett hull got his jrsey retired in STL tonight...am i the only one who doesnt think he deserves that honor?

Slappy8800 said:
brett hull got his jrsey retired in STL tonight...am i the only one who doesnt think he deserves that honor?

No, you're not. I don't really think he deserved it either. But I can understand why they did it. He was one of the greatest Blues of all-time, and a sure-fire HOF'er.

unifiedtheory said:
BTW....Ovechkin gets no suspension for almost killing Briere.

Colin Campbell is officially a ****ing joke!

ovechkin's first offense and u can tell he didnt mean to slam him into the boards..he just nudged him......was it suspendable?.....probably. but i can see where he wouldnt get suspended either

TheJetsBlow said:
No, you're not. I don't really think he deserved it either. But I can understand why they did it. He was one of the greatest Blues of all-time, and a sure-fire HOF'er.

not like he was a lifetime blue or brought them success or anything....but w/e

Quick Brett Hull history lesson (in my opinion, his number getting retired was WELL deserved.).

He played 10 "full" seasons as a Blue. One was the strike shortened '94-'95 season and one was the last 13 games of the season the Blues acquired him from the Flames. I did not include the "13 games" season. I only took into account the 10 "full" seasons he played as a Blue (including the strike year).

He averaged 52 goals and 92 points a season for 10 years. Included in that are seasons of 72, 86, 70, 54 and 57 goals. He did that over a span of 5 consectutive seasons. In that span he only had less then 40 goals in a season twice, once in the strike year and once in his fianl season as a Blue.

He's one of only 4 players to "officially" get 50 goals in 50 games (he did it twice). Also in that 10 seasons he was a First Team All Star 3 times ('90, '91 '92) and played in 7 All Star Games.

His playoff track record was also pretty good, without having a ton of team sucess (something not entirely in his control in such a team sport like hockey). He played 102 playoff games in 10 "full" seasons as a Blue. In that time he had 67 goals and 112 points, better then a point a game.

I thought he deserved his number getting retired, like I said but after I looked at his numbers I was TOTALLY convinced he did. He is arguably the greatest player in the history of the franchise, who else would deserve this honour?

Slappy8800 said:
ovechkin's first offense and u can tell he didnt mean to slam him into the boards..he just nudged him......was it suspendable?.....probably. but i can see where he wouldnt get suspended either
The thing is though, what is going to stop him from doing it again? You suspend him for this offense and he WON'T do it again. The Sabres and Caps play again, in Buffalo (giving the Sabres last change), later in the season. If Campbell gives Ovehckin a game or two then justice is DONE. Instead, the Sabres know Ovechkin got NOTHING so they have to take justice into their own hands.

Remember what happened the last time a team leader/captain/great player from one team got hit by a guy from another team on a questionable hit and did not get suspended? I do, it was Steve Moore elbowing Markus Naslund in the head, giving him a concussion. Moore did not get suspended either, and we all know what happened the next time the Av's and Canucks played each other. I'm not saying someone from the Sabres is going to go "Bertuzzi" on Ovechkin, I'm just saying that the situation is similiar and the NHL could have put a stop to it NOW.

I don't care if the guy is as clean as Ceasar's wife, he hit Briere into the boards from behind. If Briere was hurt you BET he would have gotten a suspension.

I would have given him AT LEAST 3 games.

TheJetsBlow said:
Thomas has been awesome, and Murray has been lighting it up as well. My sister and brother-in-law live in Boston, and I'm actually headed up there this weekend for the Devils-Bruins game on Saturday night. Really looking forward to it.

I'm so jealous of you...LOL!

Back
Top Bottom