Official: 2005 Florida Marlins Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official: 2005 Florida Marlins Thread

Prime Time

Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!
Reaction score
Marlins are 2-3 at the moment. They are looking very good defensively but are having a few problems on offense which looks like can be fixed with more time playing together. GO MARLINS!!!!

They are 3-3 now and Juan Encarnacion is money with the bases loaded. I know its early but I see the Braves having no chance at the division, if the offense is clicking like it did today. 8-0 rout over the Nats, GOOOO Marlins. Like the baseball tonight trio said the other night, the Marlins have the best pitching in the NL east and possibly the whole NL. :cooldude:

Marlins are 5-4 now and have 4 CGs already. Two of them by Willis. The Marlins had 6 all of last season. GO FISH!

Prime Time said:
Marlins are 5-4 now and have 4 CGs already. Two of them by Willis. The Marlins had 6 all of last season. GO FISH!

And McKeon should be FIRED for having 4 complete games thus far. Talk about running your starting pitching into the ground in April! He's nuts.

Not true MikeO. He is saving the bullpen and now you may think he is running the Starting Pitchers into the ground but he isn't because they have not thrown that many pitches.

Some stats!!

Pitching:
#1 Earned Run Average (1.34)
#1 Complete Games (4)
#1 Innings Pitched (77)
#1 Shutouts (4)
#2 in Strikeouts (64)

Fielding:
#1 for Double Plays (13)
#1 in Defensive Efficiency Rating (.7748)
#1 in Assists (113)
#1 in PutOuts (258)

Hitting:
#12 in Average (.277)
#4 in Hits (78)
#3 in HR (10)

got it from marlinsbaseball.com :)

The Marlins will be contenders this year. They have a pretty good team.

Delgado
LoDuca
Lowell

will get hot, and when they do, we'll be hard to beat.

MikeO said:
And McKeon should be FIRED for having 4 complete games thus far. Talk about running your starting pitching into the ground in April! He's nuts.

If they are gonna pitch between 90-100 balls a game then they can go out and pitch complete games all year long. (as long as they dont give up any runs in the process of course)

KuD said:
The Marlins will be contenders this year. They have a pretty good team.

Delgado
LoDuca
Lowell

will get hot, and when they do, we'll be hard to beat.

I'm not a Marlins fan, but how do you leave Miguel Cabrera out of that list?

I think he might win NL MVP this year..

MikeO said:

Gotta disagree. Getting these guys innings is important. It's not like they're throwing 130 pitches. They're within reasonable pitch counts. Not to mention the confidence these guys must have.

Beckett looks like his WS MVP wasn't a fluke, then again he started out well last year too.

FaninPatsyLand said:
I'm not a Marlins fan, but how do you leave Miguel Cabrera out of that list?

I think he might win NL MVP this year..

I think all he was saying was those three are cold now and will start hitting eventually. The Marlins have been rather erratic on offense.

I love Cabrera and think he may become a great player....but its a few years too soon to be talking about the mvp. You know after hes gotten that 100 mil from some big market team and starts getting the exposure he deserves.

Ferretsquig said:
I think all he was saying was those three are cold now and will start hitting eventually. The Marlins have been rather erratic on offense.

I love Cabrera and think he may become a great player....but its a few years too soon to be talking about the mvp. You know after hes gotten that 100 mil from some big market team and starts getting the exposure he deserves.

I honestly don't think so. I think he's a legit NL MVP candidate this year. The guy is the total package and can do it all. You guys have a great player down there.

Cabs = The next Pujols...IMO.

He was safe today on that slide in the 9th! BS CALL! ENC came through again but we still lost. Unbelievable how we can't put it ALL out there in the same games on a consistant basis.

There is no way Cabs wasn't safe when he came home in the 9th inning before Encarnacion's tying hit. Marlins got robbed......

Back
Top Bottom