Official 2005 Los Angeles Angels Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2005 Los Angeles Angels Thread

PHINATIC13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The Yanks,Boston and even the Mets have an official thread going.I thought it only fair to give us West Coast guys a thread.

Angels just finished
sweep-1.jpg
:tongue:the high powered Texas Rangers.Halos(42-29) are starting to heat up gentlemen.

Yeah, if only we knew where the heck they were on the west coast, they don't even know!!!!

You'll know the city when they represent the American league in the world series this year.:tongue: :D LOS ANGELES a.k.a. City of Angels :eek:

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Yeah, if only we knew where the heck they were on the west coast, they don't even know!!!!

los angeles angels of anaheim.....what marketing genius came up with that?

They just want to take some fans away from the crappy Dodgers I guess. I dont care what the team is called, they are playing great and the ballpark is packed every night. Texas doesnt have the pitching to stay with us, and no one else in the AL West is a serious contender :)

If Colon and Lackey keep this up, they will be in the World Series. That lineup is awesome. The bullpen is good. If their starting pitching holds up, they might be the best team in basbeall.

MikeO said:
If Colon and Lackey keep this up, they will be in the World Series. That lineup is awesome. The bullpen is good. If their starting pitching holds up, they might be the best team in basbeall.

The staff gets better if Escobar can get healthy also. Lackey has been impressive so far, my fingers are crossed that he keeps it up. Have to go through a lot of good teams in AL to get to the World Series though

DonShula84 said:
The staff gets better if Escobar can get healthy also. Lackey has been impressive so far, my fingers are crossed that he keeps it up. Have to go through a lot of good teams in AL to get to the World Series though

The AL is overrated this year. Chicago and Minnesota play a bunch of nobodays and pad their record beating up on KC, Cleve, and Detroit. I think both teams are soft and Minnesota never wins in the playoffs even when they are in cushy positions to put teams away. Chicago I don't think is very good I don't care what their record is.

Baltimore is dying. NY hasn't woke up yet and may not all year. Boston is good, but not great. Not as good as last year and their starting pitching is questionable.

Ignoring records and just who is the best.........I think LAA and Texas are the 2 best teams in the AL right now. Boston right there with them. And more times than not in baseball the best teams end up winning as home field, wild card, and that stuff has no meaning on anything when all is said and done.

And Escobar blows in a big spot he stinks. Dont bank on him.

MikeO said:

Bingo.

I never liked the guy, even when he was with Toronto.

P.S. As far as Texas, who was mentioned earlier in the thread, you don't need great starting pitching to win in the regular season when you have an everyday lineup like they have. They will be exposed in October without good pitching, but offense alone can carry you into the playoffs.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Bingo.

P.S. As far as Texas, who was mentioned earlier in the thread, you don't need great starting pitching to win in the regular season when you have an everyday lineup like they have. They will be exposed in October without good pitching, but offense alone can carry you into the playoffs.

You are right about there lineup carrying them into the playoffs. But I was referring to them catching the Angels for the AL West title. They dont have enough pitching to keep up with us imo

MikeO said:
The AL is overrated this year. Chicago and Minnesota play a bunch of nobodays and pad their record beating up on KC, Cleve, and Detroit. I think both teams are soft and Minnesota never wins in the playoffs even when they are in cushy positions to put teams away. Chicago I don't think is very good I don't care what their record is.

Baltimore is dying. NY hasn't woke up yet and may not all year. Boston is good, but not great. Not as good as last year and their starting pitching is questionable.

Ignoring records and just who is the best.........I think LAA and Texas are the 2 best teams in the AL right now. Boston right there with them. And more times than not in baseball the best teams end up winning as home field, wild card, and that stuff has no meaning on anything when all is said and done.

Did you have to steal every single one of my exact points? The only team in the AL that can beat the Angels right now is Boston, and L.A.A.O.A. still probably gets the advantage until Schilling proves himself. Texas doesn't have the starting to keep the Halos down, Chicago will do something to screw themselves, Baltimore is a nice story and I'm pulling for them, but let's be real. The Bankees bounced their checks. Minny could surprise, but the Angels and Sahx are much better teams. Cleveland has the talent to do so but needs to grow up very quickly. So is there really any major roadblock other than Boston? Doesn't look like it.

I had always fears the A's cause of pitching,but since that staff got broken up my worries have switched to Texas. They can definitly score runs, but like you said won't go to far without pitching.Btw Kelvim pitched very well for us last year, we just didn't give him any run support in his starts.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Bingo.

PHINATIC13 said:
I had always fears the A's cause of pitching,but since that staff got broken up my worries have switched to Texas. They can definitly score runs, but like you said won't go to far without pitching.Btw Kelvim pitched very well for us last year, we just didn't give him any run support in his starts.

Yeah Texas can hit, I've never seen an infield that has so much youth and talent.

I don't like Escobar. He pitched well against us this year in his one start, and that was the only time I've really seen him pitch this year. But after seeing alot of him with the Blue Jays in previous years, he just didn't impress me at all.

Back
Top Bottom