Official 2005 Yankees World Series Champion Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2005 Yankees World Series Champion Thread

I'm still pissed we didn't get Pavono...

For the first time in a while, the yanks are scary. That 1 2 combo is nasty, and a very good bullpen and closer (except against the sox).

Hey, do you guys want to merge to make a Sox/Yanks thread? Seems easier and more disscusion in one place.

Matsui has to be my favorite player for the simple reason that you never really hear about him. He's been flying under the radar all the while while pretty much always coming through with a clutch hit. Aside from that, the man's f*cking humble! What a breath of fresh air! Although Jeter really doesn't yap much either, and on your side Damon is a class act.

That catch Matsui made in the opener was sweet too. I hope they don't really start calling him "Psycho". I liked "Godzilla" much better.

Pagan said:
Matsui has to be my favorite player for the simple reason that you never really hear about him. He's been flying under the radar all the while while pretty much always coming through with a clutch hit. Aside from that, the man's f*cking humble! What a breath of fresh air! Although Jeter really doesn't yap much either, and on your side Damon is a class act.

That catch Matsui made in the opener was sweet too. I hope they don't really start calling him "Psycho". I liked "Godzilla" much better.

I got a few choice names for him right here. :wink: Although I'm pretty sure most of them wouldn't be appropriate for this board. :D

I really believe the classiest guy I have seen on the Red Sox since I can remember is Bill Mueller. I mean, he just comes to work every day, and does his job well. He keeps his mouth shut and plays hard. I think baseball needs more guys like him. I don't know how you Yankee fans feel about him, but I don't see anything there to dislike.

FaninPatsyLand said:
I don't know how you Yankee fans feel about him, but I don't see anything there to dislike.
Other than the fact that he KILLS the Yankees every time! :lol:

The funny thing is, there are alot of class acts on both teams. Mueller, Posada, Matsui, Damon, Timlin, B. Williams, Mirabelli, Jeter. It's the loudmouths that overshadow them.

If anyone's acted with no class it's the Red Sox. After we beat them in 2003 you didn't hear the YAnkees taking shots. As I said before, the Red Sox have every right in the world to brag and boast, their the champs. It's a new year though and I'm confident the Yankees will be the one's crowned when 2005 is all said and done!

AHAHAHAHA. Jeter, the BEST player in baseball? I can think of 18 million reasons why the Yankees think so. But they are wrong. He isn't even the best SS in the AL East. He is a great clutch player, but Miguel Tejada is better than Jeter, HANDS DOWN.

Don't be a homer, bro. I dig Jeter too, but it's common knowledge that Tejada is better.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
You have your opinion, I'll keep mine!

Cmon man. Jeter is an amazing talent. Especially when it matters most. But Tejada is one of the best players in baseball. This is no knock on Jeter. Believe me, I respect that guy alot but Tejada is better.

Blue Jays will win it all this year:roflmao: .............ok i can still dream though

wazzy said:
Blue Jays will win it all this year:roflmao: .............ok i can still dream though

Hey, you guys got alot of talent up there. Don't kid yourself. You made our pitchers look foolish today. Back to Back to Back HR's.. I mean you gotta be kidding me right?? :shakeno:

By the way, Alex Rios is going to be sooooooooo good.

finally someone who thinks the Jays can do something ya i think they got a lot of talent but i don't this this year is there year of turning everything around i think this year is to show we will become contenders in our division for the year after because there division is the best in the league red sox yankees jays orioles and devil rays well ok devil rays are not that good but you get the point

looks like the Red Sox got a big beaten today....blue jays crushed them...Yanks came back so Johson did not get the L!

wazzy said:
finally someone who thinks the Jays can do something ya i think they got a lot of talent but i don't this this year is there year of turning everything around i think this year is to show we will become contenders in our division for the year after because there division is the best in the league red sox yankees jays orioles and devil rays well ok devil rays are not that good but you get the point

Yeah, well you guys are at a distinct disadvantage in terms of payroll in the division. But Halladay and Lilly are very solid. Bush looks like he could develop into a solid arm. You guys have the talent there in terms of everyday players. Wells Rios Hudson Hinske Koskie. That's a pretty solid nucleus right there.

One thing though. Those new scoreboards there at the Rogers Center are terrible. So damn bright. Damon crashed into it last night and needed 5 stiches on his elbow.

Good to see people up there in Toronto supporting the Jays again. Oh well, whatever happens this year, it will be fun regardless.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Cmon man. Jeter is an amazing talent. Especially when it matters most. But Tejada is one of the best players in baseball. This is no knock on Jeter. Believe me, I respect that guy alot but Tejada is better.

In October I will take Jeter. The other 11 months I will take Tejada.

Back
Top Bottom