Official 2005 Yankees World Series Champion Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2005 Yankees World Series Champion Thread

If I remember, the opportunity to go to/win the world series always goes through New York! ;)

p1_beckett5_ap-1.jpg
alcs_red_sox_yankees-1.jpg

:www:

MikeO said:
In October I will take Jeter. The other 11 months I will take Tejada.

doesn't October count mroe than the other months? especially for the yanks since we know they'll be playing in October? I used to think jeter was overrated and that nomar and ARod were better but i came to my senses a few years back. yeah he doesn't put up the same #s but there isn't a SS I'd rtaher have than Derek jeter b/c he does everything he needs to do to win. Of course they aren't going to win all the time but he's doing everything he can to win at all times and he steps up in big games more than most. He's not the most talented SS but he is the best. I'd take a # of SS's over him for a fantasy team but in reality there's no one else I'd rather have.

Unless of course the Yanks get stopped by my Angels on the West coast.:tongue:

TerryTate said:
If I remember, the opportunity to go to/win the world series always goes through New York! ;)

p1_beckett5_ap-1.jpg
alcs_red_sox_yankees-1.jpg

:www:

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
26 World Championships compaed to 9 combined for the Sox, Marlins, and Angels!

And how long have the Yankees been around Tony? Since the dinosaurs? Did they play against 14 other teams in their League every year they won the world series?

Your club was founded in 1901 I believe, and didnt win the World Series until 1923... (can someone double-check this for me?) Thats 22 years...how many years did it take for the Florida Marlins to win their ring, in an era with free agency and a LOT MORE TEAMS? 5.....two rings for a small-market club that plays in a football stadium for god sake is not too shabby....

wazzy said:
finally someone who thinks the Jays can do something ya i think they got a lot of talent but i don't this this year is there year of turning everything around i think this year is to show we will become contenders in our division for the year after because there division is the best in the league red sox yankees jays orioles and devil rays well ok devil rays are not that good but you get the point

bro i'm a jays fan as well - we have alot of talent this year especially for our small payroll - not enough to overtake the sox or the yanks but hey we did go 2-1 against the sox this weekend and look who's in first place :D

d-day said:
bro i'm a jays fan as well - we have alot of talent this year especially for our small payroll - not enough to overtake the sox or the yanks but hey we did go 2-1 against the sox this weekend and look who's in first place :D

I think there were more red sox fans there today than jays fans and on another note, that whole field is God awful.. You knew something was up when the stadium started rockin with the Renterria hit in the top 9. Besides that the Jays are a solid team with some promising young talent.

TerryTate said:
And how long have the Yankees been around Tony? Since the dinosaurs? Did they play against 14 other teams in their League every year they won the world series?

Your club was founded in 1901 I believe, and didnt win the World Series until 1923... (can someone double-check this for me?) Thats 22 years...how many years did it take for the Florida Marlins to win their ring, in an era with free agency and a LOT MORE TEAMS? 5.....two rings for a small-market club that plays in a football stadium for god sake is not too shabby....

Not bad for a small market team? I can buy that for '03 but not for '97, that was a a team of all high priced FAs. The Yanks moved to NY in 1903(became the Yankees a decade or so later) so we'll give you guys until 2090 to win 24 more World Series to catch up w/ us. :lol:

how many years did it take for the Florida Marlins to win their ring, in an era with free agency and a LOT MORE TEAMS?

You do understand that if ther wasn't Free Agency then the marlins wouldn't have any Championships, don't you? They won in '97 w/ mostly FAs and then traded those guys away for prospects whichs et the wheels in motion for rebuilding and winning the '03 title. W/ no FA you don't win 2 titles in 11 seasons so by saying there was no FA in the early 20th Century HURT the Yanks rather than help them and by hvaing FA when the marlins were born helped them.

nyjunc said:
so we'll give you guys until 2090 to win 24 more World Series to catch up w/ us. :lol:

I don't know when Yankee fans are gonna learn. You guys continue to use that stupid comeback and it makes you all look foolish. NO ONE CARES. :lol:

FaninPatsyLand said:
I don't know when Yankee fans are gonna learn. You guys continue to use that stupid comeback and it makes you all look foolish. NO ONE CARES. :lol:

Why don they keep records if it's meaningless? Only those who are insanely jealous of the greatest franchise in sports history pretend not to care, those folks who think 1 WS title trumps 26 or that think their 1 measly title is somehow bigger than the 4 in the last 9 years.

nyjunc said:
Why don they keep records if it's meaningless? Only those who are insanely jealous of the greatest franchise in sports history pretend not to care, those folks who think 1 WS title trumps 26 or that think their 1 measly title is somehow bigger than the 4 in the last 9 years.

:lol: Junk, you're dellusional.

FaninPatsyLand said:

What looks foolish is when a team has 26 world championships and you only talk about "greatest choke" thing. :lol: Now THAT is a stupid comeback!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom