Official 2006 Florida Marlins Thread | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2006 Florida Marlins Thread

Ray Finkle said:
The ratings would be awful for that WS, there's no way baseball would want that.

Its not happening anyway :lol: I dont think The Yankees or Marlins are making it

I bet a lot more people would watch it than you think though

"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]The Miami Herald says the Marlins may entertain offers for righty Brian Moehler, who comes off the disabled list Sunday." (sportsline.com)

this is great news, get rid of this garbage.
[/FONT]

Alex44 said:
Its not happening anyway :lol: I dont think The Yankees or Marlins are making it

I bet a lot more people would watch it than you think though

I don't know. I think the Yankees are still a draw but the Marlins other than in FL aren't. The ratings for the 2003 WS were pretty low and that's when the Marlins had semi-big name players in Beckett, Willis, Cabrera, Lowell, Pierre, Castillo, Derrek Lee, Pudge Rodriguez, Penny, etc.

If you ask the average baseball fan outside of FL or a non NL East fan they probably couldn't name 5 players on the team other than Cabrera and Willis.

Ray Finkle said:
I don't know. I think the Yankees are still a draw but the Marlins other than in FL aren't. The ratings for the 2003 WS were pretty low and that's when the Marlins had semi-big name players in Beckett, Willis, Cabrera, Lowell, Pierre, Castillo, Derrek Lee, Pudge Rodriguez, Penny, etc.

If you ask the average baseball fan outside of FL or a non NL East fan they probably couldn't name 5 players on the team other than Cabrera and Willis.

I think thats what would make it great, kind of like 'How the hell did those guys get here lets watch the Yankees crush them'

Like I said its not happening anyway 99% chance it doesnt

Alex44 said:
I think thats what would make it great, kind of like 'How the hell did those guys get here lets watch the Yankees crush them'

Like I said its not happening anyway 99% chance it doesnt
Well, that happened in 2003. Remember, we were 16 games under .500 when Torborg got dismissed and McKeon came in as our Manager.

Ray Finkle said:
The ratings would be awful for that WS, there's no way baseball would want that.
You're right. The organization itself is still very young compared to other baseball teams, yet we won 2 World Series which is more than you can say about these teams who haven't won one since the Stone Ages.

Alot of fans would consider it a "wasted season" if a team like the Marlins were to win a championship.

Vertical Limit said:
Well, that happened in 2003. Remember, we were 16 games under .500 when Torborg got dismissed and McKeon came in as our Manager.

You're right. The organization itself is still very young compared to other baseball teams, yet we won 2 World Series which is more than you can say about these teams who haven't won one since the Stone Ages.

Alot of fans would consider it a "wasted season" if a team like the Marlins were to win a championship.

Yes but we actually had players then

Id watch it, which would be 1 more rating from other years WS I couldnt stand....Last year I couldnt even watch a game....I couldnt watch San Fran vs The Angels either....

Vertical Limit said:

You're right. My post wasn't a knock on the Marlins, it's just the truth. The 2003 WS is proof that the Marlins aren't a big draw and the team that they have now (although extremely talented) still isn't a draw yet due to a bunch of players that haven't made a name for themselves yet.

woot i can name 5

1.olivo (used to play with mariners)
2.borchordt(not exactly sure if he is still on the team, used to play with mariners)
3.ramirez (on my fantasy team)
4.uggla
5.abercrombie(sp?)

culpepper2chambers said:
woot i can name 5

2.borchordt(not exactly sure if he is still on the team)
4.uggla
5.abercrombie(sp?)

:lol:

Nice man. I don't consider anyone on FH an average fan though, so you don't count :wink:

culpepper2chambers said:
woot i can name 5

2.borchordt(not exactly sure if he is still on the team, used to play with mariners)
4.uggla
5.abercrombie(sp?)

Funny thing is you got #5 right but there is no T in Borchard :lol:

Great effort though

Alex44 said:
Funny thing is you got #5 right but there is no T in Borchard :lol:

Great effort though
Why does reggie swing at everything????????
Great fielder but man does he take hacks at everything (kind of like Preston Wilson but i wont go there.)

Back
Top Bottom