***Official 2007 Miami Dolphins Draft Thread (Day 2)*** | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official 2007 Miami Dolphins Draft Thread (Day 2)***

omg we have like 15 d line men lol lots of good compition let the best men win

You know, John Beck was a great pick. Phenomenally accurate player, more than any player in the draft. People say he has poor arm strength but he finished 2nd at the combine in throwing speed at 61 MPH.

He's accurate and has a cannon. Completed almost 70% of his passes (69.3%). 70% is crazy high, I don't care who you play. The highest completion pct. that Kurt Warner ever had with the Rams was 68.5%. I think we got a gem here.

Draft is over for Miami.

9. Ted Ginn Jr., WR, Ohio State
40. John Beck, QB, B.Y.U.
60. Samson Satele, C/G, Hawaii
71. Lorenzo Booker, RB, Florida St.
108. Paul Soliai, NT, Utah
181. Reagen Mauia, FB, Hawaii
199. Drew Mormino, C/G, Central Michigan
219. Kelvin Smith, LB, Syracuse
225. Brandon Fields, P, Michigan State
238. Abraham Wright, DE/OLB, Colorado

OK, so TWO centers, TWO running backs, and a friggin' PUNTER, yet NO corner back, NO saftey, and NO offensive tackle? :rolleyes2 :shakeno: :fire:

OK, so TWO centers, TWO running backs, and a friggin' PUNTER, yet NO corner back, NO saftey, and NO offensive tackle? :rolleyes2 :shakeno: :fire:

I agree but we did need a punter and the two centers can both play guard which helps the competition on the offensive line.

Draft is over for Miami.

9. Ted Ginn Jr., WR, Ohio State
40. John Beck, QB, B.Y.U.
60. Samson Satele, C/G, Hawaii
71. Lorenzo Booker, RB, Florida St.
108. Paul Soliai, NT, Utah
181. Reagen Mauia, FB, Hawaii
199. Drew Mormino, C/G, Central Michigan
219. Kelvin Smith, LB, Syracuse
225. Brandon Fields, P, Michigan State
238. Abraham Wright, DE/OLB, Colorado

I like this draft. I think we got speed on offense. Replaced Donnie Jones with the best punter in the big 10...where the weather is cold most of the time. That is going to come in handy in November & December when we play the pats and bills. We also added some depth at o line with guys that can play multiple positions. Now we need to get Ricky back in the mix, wait for those idiots to release Green and then sit back and watch our defense do what they do!!

2 oline players a fb and a punter..where's the problem again?

How about a weapon in Ginn and a new O line and QB who can start quickly and a new punter? Sometimes I wonder if we get lost in the technical stuff.."wow, according to the board over at www...... we should have taken ...player X" I am very pleased that we have switched to players with bad attitudes and a potential leader with a very good atitude.

one running back one fullback one of thoose cnters wil play G CB isnt as big as a need with allen moving there we had a good draft

Has anyone in here ever heard of Ray Guy? What's the big deal with drafting a punter in the 7th round? It's a 7th round pick, what's the problem? Fields isn't a bad pick. Cam Cameron was drafting players with versatility in mind. Seven out of our ten picks are versatile and can play more than one position...the three that can't are QB, P, and Lorenzo Booker at RB...But even Booker has played some in the slot. This was a great draft.

Cam Cameron had a good pro coaching history before coming to Miami. Wannstedt did not, and Saban had NO pro experience. Maybe you should believe in your coach more than you do. Quit criticizing their selections. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, the people that do this for a living, every day, all day, for longer than some of us have been alive, might know something that we don't.

It's not over yet folks... By a long ways... 24% of NFL players are undrafted free-agents. More undrafted guys start in the league than 3,4,5,6, and 7th rounders COMBINED! So we can bring in some guys to camp who are hungry and push some of these guys right off the team. It's not where you are drafted.. It's what you do when you get your chance. Let's hope they bring in some good UFA's to fill in the holes.

Also it's time for some of the late rounders from past drafts to step up. Rookies are not expected to start anyway just to create the future. But, since none of our rookies started last year, it's time for them to step up. Unfortunately, many of them (at least on offense) were drafted for a different system.

Good job by Cameron getting the guys he needs to put in his system. Just like JJ @ Dallas, Parcells, etc it was time to clean house on offense, start over and create competition. The last offenses showed that they just could not get it done as a team for whatever reason.

RW

2 oline players a fb and a punter..where's the problem again?

Corner, Saftey, and OT?

Those could have been adressed before taking a FB and a punter that both prolly would have gone undrafted and we could sign them then.

And as far as the players go, we could have taken a quality corner before Lorenzo Booker (Daymeion Hughes was still there, and the kid is a playmaking ballhawk), we could have taken Michael Bush over Booker if we really wanted a RB there, as he is a much better prospect. We had chances at a few quality safeties and corners that were dropping, Like Gattis (Rnd 5), Wendling (Rnd 6), Tarell Brown (Rnd 5), plus there are still a few quality guys on the board, like Sharp (Louisville), and Mixon (Cal), and yet we take guys that will go undrafted (P and FB), when those guys (S and CB) will probably get scooped up, and they are a bigger need.

Welcome to the Phins Abraham Wright!

:bighug:

I'm happy to have a Buffalo to root for on this team. I didn't want to draft a DE in this draft but you can never have enough I guess. I was hoping for an OT somewhere and a CB or S.

Still not a bad draft overall. I give it a B-. We added speed to the offense. We got the QB we wanted. We got 2 oline who can play more than one position. We got our punter. We got LB and DE depth. We got a FB. Now we need Trent Green. :tongue:

Go Phins!

Dont forget a 26 year old QB and a PR/KR at 9 LOL

Bills fan in peace huh? :rolleyes2 Whatever. You've been taking shots for 2 days now. Go back to your own board. If you're going to stay on this site at least change your screen name to something accurate. :ninja:

Back
Top Bottom