***Official 2007 Miami Dolphins Draft Thread (Day 2)*** | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official 2007 Miami Dolphins Draft Thread (Day 2)***

Corner, Saftey, and OT?

Those could have been adressed before taking a FB and a punter that both prolly would have gone undrafted and we could sign them then.

And as far as the players go, we could have taken a quality corner before Lorenzo Booker (Daymeion Hughes was still there, and the kid is a playmaking ballhawk), we could have taken Michael Bush over Booker if we really wanted a RB there, as he is a much better prospect. We had chances at a few quality safeties and corners that were dropping, Like Gattis (Rnd 5), Wendling (Rnd 6), Tarell Brown (Rnd 5), plus there are still a few quality guys on the board, like Sharp (Louisville), and Mixon (Cal), and yet we take guys that will go undrafted (P and FB), when those guys (S and CB) will probably get scooped up, and they are a bigger need.
obviously they know something you dont since they didnt pick any DB players

Kelvin Smith is a tackling machine. He's also very strong and has decent size. He'll provide good depth for us at LB. I'm not sure if he has good enough speed to ever be a starter though. Bottom line though is that he is a player.

Brandon Fields is the punter we needed. He is a good one too and we didn't have to draft him in earlier rounds like some of the other teams did.

Welcome to the Phins Kelvin Smith and Brandon Fields!

:bighug:

I hope we get Tim Mixon with our last pick.

Go Phins!

If he is a good tackler, coachable, good work ethic etc. Smith could turn into a good ST option and depth at the LB position. Looks like he does not have good speed. Sorry, you can't teach speed. That is the risk/reward factor with these late round LBs. Many of them lack the quickness and side to side speed to be starters and why they are what they are - projects. We will see...

Donnie Jones must have been asking for a lot of money. I though he was worth keeping. Punters can be found among the UDFA. Just a believer in avoiding drafting punters if one can since there are other positions that need to be addressed during the draft.

I too wish we would have kept Donnie Jones. :( We could have used that pick on somebody else. We could have waited and got an undrafted guy but this guy was worth one of our 3 7ths since we have to have a punter.

Here are some guys I like:

Doug Free (as you said)
Ben Patrick - TE
Paul Soliai - DT
Tanard Jackson - CB/S
John Wendling - S
Josh Gattis - S
Jay Moore - DE
Josh Beekman - OG
LeRon McClain - FB
Ever one of them where there, Miami got one! This draft was the worst draft I have seen! Even in 1967 the draft was better then this, and there where no players like there are today! I would have traded up are 60th pick about to the 58th or 59th spot to insure that we would have had are pick of Ikaika Alama-Francis or Kalil in the 2nd round. I like Francis here a lot, we could have got Doug Datish latter on down the line. We need a new GM by the name of Marshall Faulk, who knows talent in the later rounds and would make a nice GM for Miami, and is looking for the job!

Ever one of them where there, Miami got one! This draft was the worst draft I have seen! Even in 1967 the draft was better then this, and there where no players like there are today! I would have traded up are 60th pick about to the 58th or 59th spot to insure that we would have had are pick of Ikaika Alama-Francis or Kalil in the 2nd round. I like Francis here a lot, we could have got Doug Datish latter on down the line. We need a new GM by the name of Marshall Faulk, who knows talent in the later rounds and would make a nice GM for Miami, and is looking for the job!

Satele will start for the Fins, and Marshall Faulk...you gotta be kiddin me, what, you watched too much Mike Tomlin coverage.... BWAHHAHHAA

Well, now that I have had time to think about it, I guess I'm okay with this draft.

I would have liked better value with our 1st rounder and a DB instead of Booker (although, if we trade Ricky that will make slightly more sense).

Back
Top Bottom