**Official 2007 NFL Draft Thread (Day 1) ** | Page 76 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official 2007 NFL Draft Thread (Day 1) **

Wow thanks for picking up Ginn, I was worried about facing a good QB down there in MIA for years to come. Looks like I might not have to worry about this now. Instead I will be laughing everytime Ginn falls down.

Man way to take a guy projected as the 5th best WR at 9.
Ginn is not as polished a WR as some of the others taken but he was brought on this team for other reasons. You'll soon find out soon enough why. For the Jills sake, you better hope Moorman gets those kicks out of bounds.

I'd love to give them the benefit of the doubt, and say that they must know something we don't. I can't do that. I'm just staggered by this.
:bighug: Feel better? Ok, for the last time, I'll try to type it slower...Brady Quinn is not that good.

You guys all did this to yourselves with all the hype nonsense....... look at you now haha !!

if you hadnt watched ESPN or listened to people who live by it then you wouldn't be as suprised Brady Quinn wasn't considered worthy of top 10 status.
Some of us still aren't convinced he was worth a first. :wink:

Ginn has amazing speed. If I recall correctly, he had the best 40 time of all the prospects. Cam and Randy must feel that he can be our number one guy, along with an awesome threat returning kicks/punts, or else they would have dealt a pick for Dante Hall last week. They obviously feel he can be a threat at WR. I tend to agree. I did think they were going to take Ginn or Staley...BUT ONLY IF QUINN WAS OFF THE BOARD.

I was ecstatic that Quinn fell to nine...And then I was shocked when we passed on him. I'm thinking they must have figured the 49ers would take Ginn at 11, and now they have a deal in place to move up and get Quinn somewhere in the teens...It's the only explanation for passing on him.

This has raised my eyebrows. That said, if we trade up and get Quinn I'll be on cloud nine, praising Randy and Cam as geniuses that managed to get a game-breaking WR at nine and a franchise QB with a significantly lower cap number than he would have got at nine...
It will take some time for Ginn to develop as a WR. Not sure if he'll ever get there but man can he ever dance when he gets the ball, and having that extra "Ummmphh" on your roster can mean the difference between 6-10 and 10-6 in today's NFL.

Are the quinn fans done crying yet??:boohoo: I mean that made me sick to my stomach to see and hear those little girls crying because we didn't pick quinn. It wouldn't have matter who we picked I would never utter the words of not being a...I can't even type. I think we had good draft. I really wanted the center from USC...damn the panthers!!!! I think Beck will be just as good as quinn and plus we added speed. Randy has been saying since day one that we needed speed!!! Day 2 should be used to get some DBs and gain some more depth at lb. I think we will still get Green and won't have to use any picks. Even if we do a 6th or 7th will be well worth it.

Ted Ginn - welcome to Miami!

:bighug:

I wanted Brown but I am very happy with Ginn. I was resigned to the fact that we were about to get Quinn. He announced Ginn and I was so happy I almost hit my head on the ceiling jumping off the couch.:goof: :couch2:

Then the Bills missed out on Willis. It just keeps getting better. Now go draft Beck and 2 oline today!

:party: :happydrin :cpatch: :dance: :rocker: :dj:
I'm with you bro. I would have loved Landry or Willis, and if not a trade for more picks but given what was left onthe board, Ginn makes sense.

Man, If we trade for Trent Green I am going to have a nervous breakdown. That will mean we wasted 5 picks on offense while ignoring one of the deepest defensive draft classes in recent memory!

:wacky:

Draft Day One: Not an ideal draft, but could be worse.

First off, I'm one of the many disappointed fans that are not pleased we didn't draft Brady Quinn. When Quinn dropped to 9, I thought for sure we'd land our true successor to Marino. Then what was once joy turned into horror. And I'm sure there were many people utterly shell shocked at this pick. But what's done is done. Cleveland was the sure winner in this first day. They got a franchise LT and QB as well as a nice project CB.

Now for our picks.

Ted Ginn- Granted, I was miffed we chose a guy who would likely be our 2nd WR and KR/PR over a QB prospect we sorely needed. But I do like Ginn but I had hoped we would only draft him if we had traded down or he fell to the 2nd round. On my top 5 choices, he was about in the 4-5 range. I can only hope that he'll be a consistent WR/PR/KR for us the way Welker was and that he still has the burst he showed at Ohio State. And I hope he turns out more like Terry Glenn and Joey Galloway than Michael Jenkins. But I think he's still a bit of a reach. I'm sure we could've had him in the mid-teens or early 20's.

John Beck- Well, I'm glad we took a QB in the first day (and not Edwards). And Beck's not too bad a choice considering the options. I still feel he's a reach but with Eagles setting the tone with Kolb, it was a seller's market for QBs. As a result, everyone got bumped up. The kid looks good but he does need a lot of work and his age draws comparison to Chris Weinke's situation. He could have a short window to progress before he's tested. And there is a high risk he could be no more than a backup as projected by many. But he does have the tools needed to succeed, just needs coaching.

Samson Satele- Now this pick I like in terms of value. Kalil was off the board and we went with a C with little dropoff. I had hoped we could use a 3rd but this is fine as it is. Satele is a great C prospect who looks like a guy I want anchoring this line for years. And considering his experience, it looks like he might. Just the guy for Houck. Can't say anything bad about this pick.

Lorenzo Booker- We essentially got a 3rd down back. Ok pick but not really ideal. He won't rack up 1000 yards and certainly isn't anywhere near Ricky's skill level. At least we didn't pick up an unnecessary and ill-fitting 4-3 DT.

All in all, an average draft. Not spectacular but not as bad as it could've been. I have little choice but to support our picks like a true Dolphins fan even though I don't quite find them favorable. It's like being married to a fat ugly chick while being devoutly Roman Catholic and thus unable to divorce. I can imagine Quinn favorers will either fall into four categories: 1.) Hope Quinn fails because it'd be too heartbreaking to see him succeed in Cleveland and knowing we had a chance at that and blew it, 2.) Hoping Quinn routs us and puts up a great year to prove a point, 3.) Wish him well and hope he doesn't do well just against us, or 4.) Abandon the team. I'm going with 3.

Now for the next day, what I hope to see: Us getting Zak DeOssie and screwing Belichick's chances of landing his protege LB, getting UCLA DE/OLB Hickman with a late flyer (yea, I'm a UCLA homer, sue me), Paul Soliai or Walter Thomas, and some combination of CB/OT/NT/DE/ILB.

on beck

I've watched beck play. that man has one indispensable quality that none of the other qb's in the draft has. He has the proven ability to play with pain. During his 4 years at BYU, he started through 3 coaching regimes. thats 3 systems in 4 years. if you look at his stats, every year his numbers improve steadily. the guy is a true working man's quarterback. He doesn't have the super star natural talent. But he WON"T quit! I'm so excited to what he brings to the organization over the long term. Trust me. In 3 years, he will be THE MAN.

kind of expensive guys!!! think about what are the chances that next years 1st is a top 10 for cleveland, now it's for the other team

I suspect most people reasoning are the following

1. why did i like brady quinn? honestly because of the hype, this board and everything else i've heard... i really don't know much about him nor have i really watched him play....

2. What are the chance that this guy is gonna be crazy good.. probablity says that hes more likely okay to bad than something speacial. The latter says that the dolphins and 21 other team are terrible at scouting.

3. The differnce between him and the second tier qb arent that big. so were gonna get a 2nd tier qb in his class...

4. Ginns not that bad a selection..Truth!!!, i'm worried about is durablitly he reminds me of rosco parrish from the "U" and now of the bills. Ginns fills 3 position kr/pr/wr immediately.

5. Cam,,of drew brees!!!, of phillips rivers!!!,, yes Cam/muller passed on him..Cam! Considered a Qb master evaluator. He and muller know more about this team and its needs than anyone else on this board. They know we need a QB, cmon guys there not that stupid to pass on Brady quinn!!! Trust that these guys know what their doing more that any of us!!!!!

Keep the faith my brothern!!!!!!!!!
A lot of people on this board should be ashamed of themselves.

The only pick I can see and like is that of the center...at least he was worth the pick.

Every other pick was a reach.

Back
Top Bottom