**Official 2007 NFL Draft Thread (Day 1) ** | Page 77 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official 2007 NFL Draft Thread (Day 1) **

Mueller's trying to give people heart attacks. First the euphoria of Quinn falling to us at 9 (which a lot of people doubted) and then pulling the stupid move of pulling a huge reach for Ginn, who's currently a big questionmark, while Quinn was on the board.
Mueller? Hey man it was Savage that was giving my health problems when he picked Thomas. I thought I was seeing the universe collapse. I had to wait 7 hours before I got home and then wait for about 1 1/2 hours before I knew Randy was not going to be as stupid as others.

If this draft doesn't work out, Cam and Randy may be sitting on the couch in the near future on draft day. I don't know if a rookie head coach should have bet his career that Quinn will be a bust? We'll see.
He may be a rookie head coach but both him and Mueller are Quarterback guys. They knew, like me, that Brady Quinn wasn't a first round QB.

the worst pick of them all may not be ginn its beck...i will sya it over and over i doubt this guy will do anything signficant in miami...dont forget lemon is still here as is culpepper...he is not passing either of them and for that sake of arguement he wouldnt pass green...qb of the future is not on this team...

And they are right to say that. After the whole free world just witnessed how stupid this organization STILL is, they should hold out for a 4th rounder. I'm sure these tards will give it to them.

And ANOTHER season playing with some other teams' trash heap quarterback.
:shakeno:

The only pick I can see and like is that of the center...at least he was worth the pick.

Every other pick was a reach.

Ginn wasn't a reach

We couldn't trade down, what did you want them to do? You take the player you want, and Ginn was our highest rated guy. I see no problem taking him at #9

From Ginn (#9) to Quinn (#22) there was ONE offensive player taken, and that was MarShawn Lynch and only because Buffalo had no running back. We took the player that we had ranked the highest, and we added a big play threat to our offense.

Believe me, I wanted Quinn bad. As soon as he slipped passed Cleveland I thought for sure he was ours. Our coaching staff didn't like him, but we got a player that can step in next season right away and not only contribute on offense but also in the return game. I can live with Ted Ginn Jr. on this team, we still have 6 picks tomorrow to play with.. who knows what we will end up with.

we got a center, but i wonder if we panicked and reached here?
I would have preferred Kalil but he wasn't that much higher on my board than Satele. Kalil was, in my opinion, rated a little too high by some. Not a bad pick at all for Miami.

I am actually happy with this draft now that Miami has drafted a qb who is very good and have a future #1 receiver and a great return man and now have Samson Satele who can play center and now move Hadnot to right guard and possibly move Shelton to left tackle to see if he got his act together.
I think Alabi is going to be our starting LT not Shelton. That right side could look good though as I think Hadnot played better at RG than C.
I'm not sold that Ginn will ever be anumber one but it doesn't matter. He wasn't drafted to be anumber one WR. I'll be happy with a solid three. It's his return game that is going to be special.

This is just really sad. I mean like all of the Dolphins fans on this site (well most) I watched the draft for one reason. To see where Brady Quinn goes, he has been a guy that I wanted the Dolphins to get, since about January. I remember just before the Dolphins pick was announced that I "I would hang myself if the Dolphins didn't select Quinn." (Obviously I am still around today and will be for hopefully another 80 years. Being only 18) At the time I figured this pick is a no brainier. You take Quinn and you go home very happy you got him at number 9. But No Miami takes Ginn Jr, I want reasoning as to why this was done? I'll be honest I am still really shocked and stunned that we passed up on Brady Quinn and some day it will come back to haunt us.

Ginn wasn't a reach

We couldn't trade down, what did you want them to do? You take the player you want, and Ginn was our highest rated guy. I see no problem taking him at #9

From Ginn (#9) to Quinn (#22) there was ONE offensive player taken, and that was MarShawn Lynch and only because Buffalo had no running back. We took the player that we had ranked the highest, and we added a big play threat to our offense.

Believe me, I wanted Quinn bad. As soon as he slipped passed Cleveland I thought for sure he was ours. Our coaching staff didn't like him, but we got a player that can step in next season right away and not only contribute on offense but also in the return game. I can live with Ted Ginn Jr. on this team, we still have 6 picks tomorrow to play with.. who knows what we will end up with.

I don't believe they couldn't trade down...not at all. There were more trades today than has been in years...teams traded down and up...except the Dolphins.
We had the 9th pick in the draft...and we couldn't select one player that was the best in his position? Not one?
We still don't have a starting LT...and there's no one worth it now...that can start right away...so if we trade away a pick for Green...I sure hope we have medical staff very close.

Ted Ginn- But I think he's still a bit of a reach. I'm sure we could've had him in the mid-teens or early 20's.

the texans liked ginn too, and if they hadn't taken him, the rams almost certainly would have, despite just getting hall, who which they picked up just in case we took ginn.

Every single one of our picks have been reaches.. There is nothing different here from the pathetic Wannstedt regime..

We could have had Quinn, Jarrett and Kalil (with a small trade up) ..

That's ALOT better than Ginn, Beck and Satele -- ALL reaches !!
Quinn wasn't worht a nine. Maybe a low second buit I'm happy we passed. Jarrett is going to be a bum. You watch.
Our picks tonight were not reaches in my opinion. I prefer to use the term gambles. Randy showed us he was gambling man and he has a pretty good history with first day picks. Ginn, Booker, and Beck all have big upsides. We are going to hit on at least two of these picks.

I don't believe they couldn't trade down...not at all. There were more trades today than has been in years...teams traded down and up...except the Dolphins.
We had the 9th pick in the draft...and we couldn't select one player that was the best in his position? Not one?
We still don't have a starting LT...and there's no one worth it now...that can start right away...so if we trade away a pick for Green...I sure hope we have medical staff very close.

Was our LT sitting there at #9? Because last I checked, both Brown and Thomas were gone./

Its easy to criticize when you're not thinking rationally.

Anyone who says Ginn would have fallen much further than the Texans or the Rams is full of it. Theres no chance.

Meanwhile, Mr. Quinn fell all the way down to the early 20s. But I thought all teams had him at the top of their board! Guess not. Shocker.

Back
Top Bottom