**Official 2007 NFL Draft Thread (Day 1) ** | Page 78 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official 2007 NFL Draft Thread (Day 1) **

Booker, now that is a suprise. Good change of pace back. Makes you wonder about Rickey.
I've had a feeling for some time now that MIami would take a scat back. I was thinking they might sneak one later in the fourth but I like the pick. I think Michael Bush had better value but he obviously doesn't fit the scat back category. Randy wasn't kiding when he said he liked speed. Ginn and Booker are two potential home run hitters. We got some "WHoop Whoops" on this team now.

Booker? Certianly wanted Ryan Harris but, the Broncos sniped us like the Panthers. I would have rather had Michael Bush over Booker.
I have Bush at a higher ranking but Booker makes more sense here. We're not trading Ricky either. I am blown away by some people on this site (not you) . They fail to see what Cam and Randy are doing. We are loading up on playmakers. You need playmakers to score on offense. End of story.

the main pick i have a problem with was Beck, I would have rather gone with
some more OLINE at 40.....

The only pick I liked today was Samson Satele. I would have loved to grab Quinn at 9 then Tony Ugoh with our next pick. Hell, I'd rather have gone for Staley over Ginn.

Randy and Cam gambled today. If Beck and Ginn don't pan out and Quinn has a great start in Cleveland what do you think is going to happen to them? They gambled the success of our beloved team and their own personal careers on Beck and Ginn. I'm not sure I would risk my career with the dolphins by taking beck over Quinn.

If you take Quinn and fail at least you went for the highest rated QB available. Now Beck HAS to succeed. And he can't have an average career. he has to be the 2nd coming of Marino or they'll never hear the end of this. The best result would be for Quinn to turn out to be a total bust. Then Randy and Cam might survive this. Otherwise this is going to bite them in the rear.

Now the dolphins are going to muck things up even more by trading for trent Green. We already have C-Pep and Lemon. Let them help Beck learn the ropes. I'm tired of trading for another teams cast off QB's. Keep our picks and rebuild some depth on this team.

They wanted Beck so bad then let's stick with hi. have him back up Caulpepper for the year and let's do this.

Still not happy about this draft though.

:(

My Take on the 1st Day

Round 1
After the analyst on NFL network said that Quinn was not on the phone when the dolphins were on the clock he then said Quinn is not the pick. I started thinking who could it be? It must be Ginn because, the connections with Cameron and Chambers are there while Mueller wants speed and puts marty Booker on the block. Sure enough it was Ginn and like everyone else I was disappointed we didn't go for Quinn. But after a while it was ok because I had Ginn as the top 13-15 player in the draft because he is a playmaker but he is not a good route runner and he's still injured. Robiskie and Cameron must have worked him out enough to like him so what do we know. This is a good pick in my opinion. So what happened to Quinn...he drops to #22. Other teams pass him up. Teams like the Bills, Rams, Jets, Packers and Jags all passed. The Eagles didn't trade up 4 spots to get Quinn but instead waited, Quinn was gone and then they traded down to get Kolb. Quinn must not have been that good of a QB mainly because of accuracy issues. So the Ginn pick probably makes more sense now.

Round 2
Beck seems curious to me. I'm still scratching my head over this. I really wanted Kolb here but he was gone. Beck, i thought was a third rounder. But again what do we know. Terry Shea and Cameron work these guys out so they should know better. He is accurate and has a strong arm but not an excellent arm. He is also 25. Phil Simms said though, that we had him targeted at #40. I just didn't believe him. I still would have prefered Tony Ugoh here.

I really like the Satele pick. Big strong center with very good feet. Nasty attitude who can also turn into a mauler.

Round 3
Booker is a pick for Cameron's system. A fast, versatile back who can come out of the back field or in the slot. He has good hands and also an elusive runner who can find holes between the tackles. I would have prefered Marcus McCauley though because i'm sure a third down back could be found in the next round and McMauley would have been too good to pass up.

It's obvious RandyCam specifically targeted explosive playmakers with high characters. Let's see what happens on day 2.

Great pick for Miami. Welcome FUAPAPA . First Satele and now Soliai. A Polynesian warrior for each side of the line. I love it. Our lines are getting some much needed nasty.

Back
Top Bottom