***Official 2010-2011 Miami Heat Thread*** | Page 64 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official 2010-2011 Miami Heat Thread***

I know you guys don't want to hear it, but I'm not sure how you could really be surprised by how the season's gone so far. Arroyo is trash, and Ilgauskas is way too much of a stiff defensively with Bosh being too soft defensively. But what it really comes down to, is I doubt there's a worse bench in the league, and the loss of Haslem is a huge one. Also Wade is having his worst shooting year of his career, and Lebron is having his worst since his rookie year. The 2 just aren't as effective playing off the ball, and without being surrounded by shooters like they have in the past.

Of course I'll probably be looked at as a "hater", but that's how I figured it to be before the season, and nothing's been done to change my opinion.

I know you guys don't want to hear it, but I'm not sure how you could really be surprised by how the season's gone so far. Arroyo is trash, and Ilgauskas is way too much of a stiff defensively with Bosh being too soft defensively. But what it really comes down to, is I doubt there's a worse bench in the league, and the loss of Haslem is a huge one. Also Wade is having his worst shooting year of his career, and Lebron is having his worst since his rookie year. The 2 just aren't as effective playing off the ball, and without being surrounded by shooters like they have in the past.

Of course I'll probably be looked at as a "hater", but that's how I figured it to be before the season, and nothing's been done to change my opinion.

So does this team win a championship with these players we have...at least one? Your thoughts..from someone who's not a Heat fan

So does this team win a championship with these players we have...at least one? Your thoughts..from someone who's not a Heat fan

Mike Miller will help since he can move off the ball and is a great shooter, but you guys are still going to get abused by good front courts and quick back courts,

The bench is fine....its the starters that are having problems. Jones has been playing great, House is streaky but when hes on hes good, and Ilgauskas gives some nice range to open up the court, even if he is a stiff defensively. Add Miller to the mix either as a starter or 6th man and you have a decent rotation.

I love Haslem as a player and hope he finds a way to make it back by the playoffs but so far this season they hadn't figured out a way to make it work with him on the court. Paired up with Bosh or Ilgauskas it was a disaster defensively and he never got much of a run with Anthony.

What it really comes down to is that Lebron and Wade don't play with each other. The team is fine when led solely by Wade or James, back in their familiar role breaking down the defense while surrounded by shooters. But you're right in that both struggle to play off the ball, and what's got to be maddening to Spoelstra is that instead of trying to run the offense, whenever they're down they revert to the old 1 on 5. It works against teams that play no defense, and fortunately we have those in abundance in the NBA, but when they run up against a solid defensive team they face the same problems they have for the past few years in the playoffs. The only times this offense has looked smooth with the starters on the floor is when its run through Bosh.

As Chambers said, Mike Miller will definitely help. I think you need a complete overhaul on the bench though. Not a fan of your bench of at all. You also need to find a Center. Ilgauskas is by no means a starting caliber player anymore, and neither is Arroyo for that matter. Not sure why James Jones isn't starting actually.

The bench is fine....its the starters that are having problems. Jones has been playing great, House is streaky but when hes on hes good, and Ilgauskas gives some nice range to open up the court, even if he is a stiff defensively. Add Miller to the mix either as a starter or 6th man and you have a decent rotation.

I love Haslem as a player and hope he finds a way to make it back by the playoffs but so far this season they hadn't figured out a way to make it work with him on the court. Paired up with Bosh or Ilgauskas it was a disaster defensively and he never got much of a run with Anthony.

What it really comes down to is that Lebron and Wade don't play with each other. The team is fine when led solely by Wade or James, back in their familiar role breaking down the defense while surrounded by shooters. But you're right in that both struggle to play off the ball, and what's got to be maddening to Spoelstra is that instead of trying to run the offense, whenever they're down they revert to the old 1 on 5. It works against teams that play no defense, and fortunately we have those in abundance in the NBA, but when they run up against a solid defensive team they face the same problems they have for the past few years in the playoffs. The only times this offense has looked smooth with the starters on the floor is when its run through Bosh.

And that's exactly the concern I had with the Heat. Wade and LeBron's inability to play off the ball. I don't think it's fair to say the bench is fine though. I do agree the bench is fine when being led by one of Wade or Lebron, being surrounded by shooters, but that's just not going to win a championship I don't think, as we seen with the Cavs. Surrounding Wade with shooters worked in 2006, but you don't have a Shaq, or an Alonzo Mourning, or great perimeter defenders like Posey and Payton. And that's what you're going to need on the bench, as well as starting at C and in the backcourt next to Wade.

Yes we'd all like Rondo at PG and Howard at C but its not happening anytime soon. The only way this team wins is if James and Wade figure out how to coexist on the court together. Its not going to be easy and it'll take time but I do believe these guys are perfectly capable, and Wade in particular has already shown the ability to play off the ball. Its just not what hes comfortable with, and in pressure situations he reverts to the old one on five Wade......good enough to win a title against the Mavs, not good enough to beat the Celtics or Lakers.

With a 9-8 record it was only a matter of time.....

I have no great love for Spoelstra but the last thing I want to see is Riley on the bench. And from the way they interacted the last go around I don't think Wade wants to see Mr Armani out there either.

Back
Top Bottom