Official 2013 Miami Dolphins Training Camp Thread. | Page 48 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2013 Miami Dolphins Training Camp Thread.

Will you please stop using the term "red shirt" it doesn't even apply in the NFL. If your opinion is that Jordan is just gonna practice all year and not play you need a different perspective. Coyle is chomping at the bit to use all of the special blitz packages he has hiding in his playbook and a HUGE part of that is Jordan being healthy for the REGULAR SEASON.

Case in point, I don't see you agonizing everyday over Wallace, Jerry and Starks being out with the minor injuries they have that they are expected to return from for the regular season. You also might want to check out how many other teams are keeping starters on the bench this offseason to avoid a preseason injury.

You know exactly what I mean by "red shirt". It means that the best of what is to come of Jordan is next year and the year after.

If you and UK do not think there is something wrong with Jordan, than why did he play all of 7 plays versus Jacksonville? You better hope this is them limiting his snaps and not that he is hurt or has re-injured something in the labrum.

BTW, I do not agonize about Wallace because he played the other night and has been working out with team. John Jerry...not sure what to say about him. I think Garner is better, but it looks like Garner is hurt...so maybe I should worry about how the big guy is doing. Starks? I worry about him a TON, actually. Not enough is being made about him being out.

Jordan's shoulder is a concern. Pretty obvious that holding him to 7 snaps and not doing any team work indicates that. The bigger concern though is Nate Garner being out for a while. Samuda back at RG today but Jerry is dressed and doing individual work.

Make 3 consecutive practices and 7 snaps vs. Jax. Mando stated in his blog he will likely be a DNP vs. Houston.

Still a non issue

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 4m
Tannehill looks very very good today. Just aced two minute drill including 50 yard td to keller and another td throw to clay

Barry Jackson@flasportsbuzz17m
Wallace catches beautiful deep baall from tannehill despite double coverage from carroll and mccray

more like it

Fair enough. I am a big O.V. fan. However, they need as much depth and live bodies to rotate through. I worry Jordan is developing fast enough to help. He shall see.

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Looking at the scrap heap for offensive linemen....it is a pile garbage. Vets that might play better than the Fins back ups, but still that is not saying much.

You know exactly what I mean by "red shirt". It means that the best of what is to come of Jordan is next year and the year after.

If you and UK do not think there is something wrong with Jordan, than why did he play all of 7 plays versus Jacksonville? You better hope this is them limiting his snaps and not that he is hurt or has re-injured something in the labrum.

BTW, I do not agonize about Wallace because he played the other night and has been working out with team. John Jerry...not sure what to say about him. I think Garner is better, but it looks like Garner is hurt...so maybe I should worry about how the big guy is doing. Starks? I worry about him a TON, actually. Not enough is being made about him being out.

Are you kidding me, best of what's to come. Get out of here with that BS. Do you really think that Jordan is going to be the best player he will ever be his rookie season? Even though this kid is an athletic specimen he's still gonna take time to develop and adjust to the NFL game. Also in case you haven't noticed it's not like OV is just handing the job over to Jordan. OV has played damn well this offseason and Jordan will have to earn it. Jordan will be brought along at the pace his injury allows. If he's stiff or sore they will sit him. It's what happens when you return to a sport after taking time off due to an injury, especially a high draft pick that you don't want to push to hard to make them more susceptible to injury down the road, ala Sparano running Jake Long into the ground.

I got news for you, Garner never had a chance to beat out Jerry at RG. Was never gonna happen. Hell he couldn't even beat out Samunda in practice to get the starting nod when Jerry had his knee scoped.

As of now I'm pretty sure Starks will be back by the regular season as well. If there was any doubt by the coaching staff he would have been put on the PUP list.

Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk 1m
Egnew just scored from Matt Moore on one field. On other t'hill just hit Wallace over middle. Offense waking up?

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 1m
Tannehill finds Wallace again in 7 on 7. I'd be stunned if he doesn't actively look for Wallace in Houston game Saturday #Dolphins

James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerNFL 1m
WR Chad Bumphis makes a nice one-handed catch. He knows how to operate in the slot. #Dolphins

James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerNFL 10s
#Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill with another nice throw to TE Dustin Keller. Both get my nod as two of the stars of today's practice.

Nice to see the offense looking good, apparently tannehill has had a great day

I think the WR group is virtually locked in : Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Matthews, Bumphis

maybe Mcnutt/Davis can impress, Tyms should make the practice squad again

big fan of this

Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk 18s
Moore to Thigpen. Crossing pattern. Maybe 40 yds. Excellent acceleration by Thigpen.

Would love to see thigpen involved outside of the return game, im a big Thigpen fan

Are you kidding me, best of what's to come. Get out of here with that BS. Do you really think that Jordan is going to be the best player he will ever be his rookie season? Even though this kid is an athletic specimen he's still gonna take time to develop and adjust to the NFL game. Also in case you haven't noticed it's not like OV is just handing the job over to Jordan. OV has played damn well this offseason and Jordan will have to earn it. Jordan will be brought along at the pace his injury allows. If he's stiff or sore they will sit him. It's what happens when you return to a sport after taking time off due to an injury, especially a high draft pick that you don't want to push to hard to make them more susceptible to injury down the road, ala Sparano running Jake Long into the ground.

I got news for you, Garner never had a chance to beat out Jerry at RG. Was never gonna happen. Hell he couldn't even beat out Samunda in practice to get the starting nod when Jerry had his knee scoped.

As of now I'm pretty sure Starks will be back by the regular season as well. If there was any doubt by the coaching staff he would have been put on the PUP list.

So according to you the Fins have no injury concerns going fwd. Lol.

This team traded up to #3 to get an impact player this year AND years to come. I think it is great OV is playing well and I am not surprised. However, I want to see see Wake, OV and Jordan on the field on 3rd down. Bottom line that you don't want to admit is Jordan is knicked right now and not being measured back into pace.

As for you destroying Garner it is kind of funny. Garner is one of its most valuable players. He is a vet that does not f up. He is a swiss army knife of all positions. Its laughable that you make out that John Jerry is some lynchpin and is Larry Allen in something. If Garner did not breakdown I would be more than happy to see who would win that battle. I guess its a nonissue now.

By the way, Starks is not PUP elig anyway. When he starts out in camp and then gets hurt he cannot be PUPed. So your PUP theory is not plausible.

So according to you the Fins have no injury concerns going fwd. Lol.

This team traded up to #3 to get an impact player this year AND years to come. I think it is great OV is playing well and I am not surprised. However, I want to see see Wake, OV and Jordan on the field on 3rd down. Bottom line that you don't want to admit is Jordan is knicked right now and not being measured back into pace.

As for you destroying Garner it is kind of funny. Garner is one of its most valuable players. He is a vet that does not f up. He is a swiss army knife of all positions. Its laughable that you make out that John Jerry is some lynchpin and is Larry Allen in something. If Garner did not breakdown I would be more than happy to see who would win that battle. I guess its a nonissue now.

When have I ever said Jordan isn't nicked up. He obviously is which is why he isn't practicing. What I said is you need to calm down with the Chicken Little crap. They are not going to rush their high priced draft pick back from surgery which could cause problems down the road. As UK said I'll start worrying about Jordan's health as well as the rest of the projected starters and major contributors come week 1.

Thanks for making my point on Garner. He is exactly a swiss army knife. Jack of all trades, master of none. Which is why LAST YEAR he couldn't even beat out an overweight Jerry. Now that Jerry has come to camp in shape and earned the coaches trust from the prior season you think he's gonna lose his job to Garner, no way in hell that will happen. Our o-line was set the first day of practice as Martin-Cogs-Pouncey-Jerry-Clabo. As soon as Jerry is healthy from a minor scope it will be that way again. Hell they even brought in Louis to push Jerry or even take his spot. If Garner is as good as you think then why did the FO make a move that? The truth is Garner is no where near the talent Jerry is or you make him out to be.

You are right about Starks though, I don't know what I was thinking. He's a seasoned vet, so much the same as Jordan when he isn't ready for the 1st game that's when I'll start worrying. And then I wouldn't even worry that much as Odrick is probably ahead of him on the depth chart now and Randall has been playing well too.

Back
Top Bottom