Official 2014 Draft Thread (Round 1) | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2014 Draft Thread (Round 1)

James is a high character guy

i heard waqnny say this very thing about his first round gems for years. he's a great kid. and his family is great to. we really like him.

afc east is laughing.

This is why the bull**** keeps happening every year. Affter mosely came off, that should of been an automatix trade back

Damn it!

I freaking called it. Saints trade up for Cooks except we didn't take the third

Bree's wasn't on his back 5 times a game so they could go in another direction. I don't like it either but If he can block what the hey

Strengths
Outstanding size, girth and overall body mass. Good hand placement. Can steer and control blockers once he gets his hands on them. Very patient pass protector. Matches up very well vs. size and power (see Alabama). Battle-tested, experienced four-year starter in the SEC. Outstanding personal and football character. Very smart, mature and highly respected.
Weaknesses
Raw footwork. Has a lot of heaviness in body and can improve sustain. Lumbers to the second level and struggles to cut off and adjust to moving targets. Does not roll off the ball with power and generate strength or movement in the run game.
Bottom Line
Big, strong, heavy pass protector with good balance, anchor strength and hand use to handle power and speed. Does not affect the run game the same way and almost appears more destined for the left side in the pros. Has instant-starter potential.

and one thing i will say, and again, hickey was not the gm in tampa and didnt send up the card.

but tampas history with o-linemen is not good at all. looks like the tradition continues.

but i better see this guy plugged in and starting. i dont want to see any of our so-so bozos we have had at rt taking ANY snaps and dont want to hear any he's coming along nicely and we should see him in the lineup by game 4 of the pre season crap.

start him at once and ride him to week 17.

You know, I cancelled my satellite TV subscription two weeks ago.

I almost waited because of the draft. I'm glad I didn't. Here's to another
"Pretty good" season, a coaching and scheme change to assure we stay right near the upper bottom of the pack.
What a ****ing terrible pick.

i heard waqnny say this very thing about his first round gems for years. he's a great kid. and his family is great to. we really like him.

afc east is laughing.

Not gonna lie, this does have a Wanny vibe to it. Reaching for need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James is a reach but its going to be crucial to keep RT17 upright this yr.

I would have prefered Fuller or Lee but it could have been Kouandijo (sp ?).

terrible to not take cook - we couldn't have gotten equal quality or even the same guy in second round.

Rotoworld
NBCSports.com
Ja'Wuan James - T - Volunteers

Dolphins selected Tennessee OT Ja'Wuan James with the No. 19 overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft.
James (6-foot-6, 311) made a school-record 49 career starts for the Vols, all at right tackle, and earned second-team All-SEC honors as a senior. He ran a 5.34 forty at the Combine, adding a 29-inch vertical and 8-foot-7 broad jump with 22 reps on the bench. James has ideal arm length (35") and was an outstanding college pass blocker, but must improve in the running game to nail down a starting job. It's possible James will end up at left tackle in the pros. James will only have to hold off Jason Fox for Miami's starting right-tackle job this summer. The Dolphins badly needed the depth up front.

You know, I cancelled my satellite TV subscription two weeks ago.

I almost waited because of the draft. I'm glad I didn't. Here's to another
"Pretty good" season, a coaching and scheme change to assure we stay right near the upper bottom of the pack.
What a ****ing terrible pick.

Im happy with a OT.... but he would have been there next round, we took the wrong player or at least took him at the wrong time. he was off the radar and would have been there at 50 if we really loved him we could have moved to 45ish. I just hope he turns out to be the type of lineman we never hear about again and he starts every game for the next 12 years.

Back
Top Bottom