Official 2014 Draft Thread (Round 1) | Page 43 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2014 Draft Thread (Round 1)

No, you are just speculating. Not saying we didn't reach, but everyone knew we needed an RT, so it's not like anyone was worried about our pick. However, AZ was more of an unknown.

So because we had a need at OT (along with LB, TE, WR, OG), we were expected to reach for a guy that would be available later in the first or second? My point is, we could have moved back and gotten a pick. Obviously Arz wasn't going to pick a WR if they were going to trade with N.O., so your logic doesn't make any more sense than anyone else's.

The point is, we keep making these highly questionable picks EVERY year and it never fails that people defend it and say it was a good pick. Not saying he's not a decent player, but we did NOT need to draft him at 19 and it was a huge REACH regardless how anyone tries to spin it.

I don't get it, OL was our biggest problem last year by a loooooooong shot. So now we are set at LT and RT. Let Tannehill work. We NEEDED this line fixed and now it's ensured. I think people just wanted to draft for the biggest headline. Well headlines don't keep Ryan off his back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair who is that much better than him? Cooks maybe, but I like the pick.

Manziel will be another 1st rd 22nd pick fail and follow in the footsteps of Quinn and Weeden.

So because we had a need at OT (along with LB, TE, WR, OG), we were expected to reach for a guy that would be available later in the first or second? My point is, we could have moved back and gotten a pick. Obviously Arz wasn't going to pick a WR if they were going to trade with N.O., so your logic doesn't make any more sense than anyone else's.

The point is, we keep making these highly questionable picks EVERY year and it never fails that people defend it and say it was a good pick. Not saying he's not a decent player, but we did NOT need to draft him at 19 and it was a huge REACH regardless how anyone tries to spin it.

Right. He's there at 26 or 27.

1) You don't know what the team knows regarding whether or not James would still be available later in the first round.

2) You don't know if he was the top ranked player on their board when we selected (the BPA based on their own evaluations).

They say he's a strong pass blocker #1 need for tannehill and he can get stronger and improve on his run blocking.

this is why we are considered the worst fans in the NFL...we draft a need...our QB was sacked a record time last year and you guys whine that we didn't trade down...why would Cleveland or New Orleans trade with us? they wanted WR and QB...two positions they knew we weren't drafting...and before James even takes a snap "fans" are calling for Hickey to be fired...how about JUST MAYBE we let James play a preseason game before you idiots take out the torches and pitch forks

Right. He's there at 26 or 27.

Moses is arguably just as good, if not better and he's still there at 25. So yes, he would have been there along with Moses. Hey, if you are happy with the pick at 19, good for you! I'm not, and there's a lot of other people that agree with that assessment. To each their own. I've just seen this movie too many years to try and fluff it for anything other than what it was, which was a REACH.

I don't if its a good or not but they needed another lineman so I'll wait and see.

1) You don't know what the team knows regarding whether or not James would still be available later in the first round.

2) You don't know if he was the top ranked player on their board when we selected (the BPA based on their own evaluations).

1) He won't score touchdowns.
2) He may or may not be able to play OLT.
3) We could have had a real, viable playmaker.

this is why we are considered the worst fans in the NFL...we draft a need...our QB was sacked a record time last year and you guys whine that we didn't trade down...why would Cleveland or New Orleans trade with us? they wanted WR and QB...two positions they knew we weren't drafting...and before James even takes a snap "fans" are calling for Hickey to be fired...how about JUST MAYBE we let James play a preseason game before you idiots take out the torches and pitch forks

Your argument makes no sense. Why wouldn't Cleveland or NO offer the same to draft at a higher spot? They don't know what we are doing, and at least it eliminates the risk that someone else trades up.

1) He won't score touchdowns.
2) He may or may not be able to play OLT.
3) We could have had a real, viable playmaker.

1. umm...so what?
2. we drafted him to play RT
3. haha ok nostradomus because getting real, viable playmakers is so easy and a sure thing to predict who they will be

I literally hate Dolphins fans sometimes

It was a terrible pick.

I've been a fan since 1972 and I'm 46 years old. I'm tired of these stupid ass picks.
We had a chance at some potential playmakers, but we get an OT that may or may not
even start. At least a playmkers can get in there and contribute.

Jesus. Keep on being ok with this garbage, and see where it gets you 20 years down the line.

Back
Top Bottom