**Official 2014 NCAA Basketball Tournament Thread** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official 2014 NCAA Basketball Tournament Thread**

LouPhinFan

It's ok to say "I don't know".
Club Member
Reaction score
Well the field of 68 is out. Every year there's some debate on teams left out and those put it, but this year's bracket is put together very poorly. UVA at #1 but Louisville at a #4? They have basically the same resume except Louisville didn't lose to anyone by 35. And man, how much does the committee HATE Wichita State? :lol:

What can you expect when the committee is lead by the guy who hired Jeff Bzdelik? This mess.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/ncaa-tournament/brackets/viewable_men

Here we go!

BiTQuBMCQAA9KYW-1.jpg

Louisville got screwed with their seeding. I would have switched them with Creighton. Creighton should have been a 4 seed while Louisville should have been a 3.

If Wichita State is as good as people say they are, they are going to earn it in their region. They could be ousted in the 2nd round if Kentucky has one of their good games. I'm pretty sure that region has 3 of the 4 teams from last year's Final Four. Whatever teams gets to Dallas from that region will have been through many battles.

Should be an entertaining tournament. Always is.

How UCLA got a 4 and MSU/UL got 4's is beyond me.

should be interesting, I think UL will go on a run but will fall short of back to back titles. I hate to pick the favorite but I really like UF.

How UCLA got a 4 and MSU/UL got 4's is beyond me.

should be interesting, I think UL will go on a run but will fall short of back to back titles. I hate to pick the favorite but I really like UF.

UF is a really solid team but they're coming from the SEC and haven't exactly been tested in their conference over the past 2 1/2 months. That being said they're 1 of a handful or so teams that I think can win this thing. When the dust settles, I think the national champion will be 1 of these schools:

Florida
Wichita State
Louisville
Arizona
UVA
Michigan State

UF is a really solid team but they're coming from the SEC and haven't exactly been tested in their conference over the past 2 1/2 months. That being said they're 1 of a handful or so teams that I think can win this thing. When the dust settles, I think the national champion will be 1 of these schools:

Florida
Wichita State
Louisville
Arizona
UVA
Michigan State

the same could be said about Louisville. both conferences stunk but UF beat better teams in non conf.

I think both are really good and UL deserved at worst a 2.

I like your list, if the Heels can't pull off a miraculous run then I hope UVa wins it.

the same could be said about Louisville. both conferences stunk but UF beat better teams in non conf.

I think both are really good and UL deserved at worst a 2.

I like your list, if the Heels can't pull off a miraculous run then I hope UVa wins it.

For most of the conference season the AAC had 5 top 25 ranked teams. The AAC was way better than the SEC this season. And it's not even close.

For most of the conference season the AAC had 5 top 25 ranked teams. The AAC was way better than the SEC this season. And it's not even close.

rankings can be deceiving, there's a reason one of those ranked teams didn't even make the Tourney. Your teams at the top feasted off the awful bottom half.

rankings can be deceiving, there's a reason one of those ranked teams didn't even make the Tourney. Your teams at the top feasted off the awful bottom half.

And then those teams had to play each other. The SEC had Florida, an up and down (mostly down) UK, and an "OK" Tennessee team. That's pretty much it. The AAC had U of L, a strongly ranked Cincy team, a good Memphis, a good UConn, and SMU which should have been in instead of an awful BYU team. Yes the bottom half of the league was bad, but the other 5 teams had to play each other too. Don't try to compare the AAC and SEC, that's a deadend street that holds very little logic.

And then those teams had to play each other. The SEC had Florida, an up and down (mostly down) UK, and an "OK" Tennessee team. That's pretty much it. The AAC had U of L, a strongly ranked Cincy team, a good Memphis, a good UConn, and SMU which should have been in instead of an awful BYU team. Yes the bottom half of the league was bad, but the other 5 teams had to play each other too. Don't try to compare the AAC and SEC, that's a deadend street that holds very little logic.

let's see who those teams played/beat in non conf:

UF- lost to Wis, Con, beat KU, Memphis
UT- lost to Wich St, beat UVa(by 25)
UK- lost to MSU, UNC, Bay, beat UL

UL- lost to UNC and UK
Cin- didn't play any ranked teams
Memphis- lost to Ok State(R) and UF, beat Ok Sta(N)
Conn- beat UF
SMU- lost to UVa

The SEC non conf games were more impressive.

let's see who those teams played/beat in non conf:

UF- lost to Wis, Con, beat KU, Memphis
UT- lost to Wich St, beat UVa(by 25)
UK- lost to MSU, UNC, Bay, beat UL

UL- lost to UNC and UK
Cin- didn't play any ranked teams
Memphis- lost to Ok State(R) and UF, beat Ok Sta(N)
Conn- beat UF
SMU- lost to UVa

The SEC non conf games were more impressive.

But that's not what we're talking about here. We're talking about how each team has been tested over the course of conference play. You're basically saying that the SEC was a better basketball conference than the AAC. If that's you're arguement then I have to question how much you actually know about basketball.

But that's not what we're talking about here. We're talking about how each team has been tested over the course of conference play. You're basically saying that the SEC was a better basketball conference than the AAC. If that's you're arguement then I have to question how much you actually know about basketball.

the AAC had some better teams at the top but worse ones at the bottom. The AAC had 5 just awful teams, half the conference was awful.

neither conf was very good.

As bad as most of the SEC was this year, not losing a single game to a conference opponent in the regular season or the tournament is impressive. Going into this season I thought a 15-3 conference record was a realistic expectation for this team. I never thought they would be this dominant. What's scary is that this team is a Wilbekin suspension for Wisconsin and one bad bounce against UConn from being undefeated. It's been a fun ride. Hope they can finish it off in the Final Four.

As bad as most of the SEC was this year, not losing a single game to a conference opponent in the regular season or the tournament is impressive. Going into this season I thought a 15-3 conference record was a realistic expectation for this team. I never thought they would be this dominant. What's scary is that this team is a Wilbekin suspension for Wisconsin and one bad bounce against UConn from being undefeated. It's been a fun ride. Hope they can finish it off in the Final Four.

They've got a good shot at it. They're solid with veteran leadership, that's a perfect mix.

i think my wahoos run ends in the sweet 16 vs michigan state who now that they are healthy and have their depth back look like the team to beat...that was the one team i wanted no part of for as long as possible...instead it's the sweet 16...eeeegads

i think my wahoos run ends in the sweet 16 vs michigan state who now that they are healthy and have their depth back look like the team to beat...that was the one team i wanted no part of for as long as possible...instead it's the sweet 16...eeeegads

they got screwed having MSU as a 4 seed but I think UVa can beat anyone w/ the way the play defense.

Back
Top Bottom