***Official 2018 FIFA World Cup thread*** | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official 2018 FIFA World Cup thread***

I have no idea. I guess to get more power behind the throw. It is certainly very rare and a rather recent development.

Didn't the ref rule that illegal? Need both feet on the ground

Didn't the ref rule that illegal? Need both feet on the ground
He actually didn't throw the ball yet. You can only rule on the 2-feet on the ground rule once the ball leaves the hands. I think he overstepped and decided not to throw and the ref was pissed that he redid his throw-in and simply wasted time. If he'd done anything wrong and the ref calls it the throw-in would have gone to Spain.

Today's games (3 games)

Group C:
Denmark (vs Australia) and France (vs Peru) can punch their tickets to the round of 16. Australia hopes to look as good as they did against France in their 2-1 loss and Peru is fighting for their lives and trying to avoid an early exit in their first WC appearance in 36 years.

Group D:
If Croatia (vs Argentina) wins they are already advancing as well - regardless how the other match (Nigeria vs Iceland) ends tomorrow. Argentina is fighting for survival and a loss could almost be the end.

what a crazy stand

Great. I never seen the view from these upper seats before only pictures from the outside. When I saw those pictures I thought "how ridiculous". I still say "how ridiculous". I think that stadium was 8000 short so to circumvent the original structure which is protected they took the goal line seats out, cut the ends open and slapped that temporary structure outside. If I would have tickets in those sections I would feel lost and left out from the WC. :laugh
They could make some extra money by opening it up to regular tourists though. Spectacular view of the city. :roflmao

I'm still holding out for Poland and Germany. Both played poorly and I think they can bounce back. Now Australia is already down with Denmark. Not looking good for them.

France (1-0 vs Peru) made it through but wasn't that impressive and Peru has one more game in group play before heading back home. Denmark has to wait until next Thursday to hopefully celebrate. After the 1-1 against Australia they need at least one point vs France to make it into the Round of 16 for sure (if Australia beats Peru). Australia's only path to a sensational spot in the knockout stage is a win against Peru next Thursday while Denmark loses to France. Interesting tidbit: If Australia beats Peru by one and Denmark loses by one to France but loses with the higher number of goals (i.e. 1-0/1-2; 2-1/2-3) the tiebreaker rules could go down to the fair play table (yellow/red cards) or even a drawing. :laugh

Now, let's go Croatia. Put Argentina into the valley of tears. :roflmao

Oh I love it. Messi hapless, helpless and Croatia beat up on Argentina. 3-0.
That goalie should never return to Argentina or they have an Escobar problem.

But despite that giveaway. I said before that Argentina is just a bad team. And it showed in both games. Croatia was clearly better today.

With that result Croatia is the 4th team to advance to the knockout stage.

I just discovered this thread and I love it. Good job guys.

I'm not most expert on soccer, but wtf was that somersault throw attempt.
What was even worse: you're down by 1 in stoppage time and you're wasting 45 seconds on a throw-in. The guy is keeping the ball in his hands forever and just when I thought he's going to make the best throw-in the world has ever seen he merely throws it to the guy standing right next to him. Throw-in, game over. Soccer players...

Still can change if they get out of the group stage but Argentina's coach is gonna cost them. Did not do a good job of putting a defense together or with GK selection (everybody wanted Armani or Guzman in goal as they are at least playing every week for their clubs), and doesn't have consistent tactics.

I think this world cup though is showing that you can't just out talent teams. The teams that have looked the best may have one or 2 guys who the world sees as World Class or close to that, but the team is not solely built on their success and have coaches that tactically have a plan. A lot can change in the 2nd half but I think Brazil is really being exposed and Neymar is (rightly or wrongly you be the judge) about to get a lot of criticism

I think this world cup though is showing that you can't just out talent teams.
Exactly. You still have to put in the effort. I believe that teams like France, Spain, Brazil, hopefully Germany, they will start to play up to their talent levels when the knockout stage starts.

A good friend of mine, he's a very good football player, he played in the 3rd German league. We studied together but he would never join us on the pitch after classes. At that time I thought it was arrogant of him but with the years I came to realize that had he played with us he could only get hurt. We just did not have the body control and one freak accidental movement and his knee would be shattered. And I think it's the same those players feel, when a superstar like De Bruyne plays against Panama, who have not a single professional athlete in their squad. These stars don't want to risk getting severely injured by a guy who doesn't know what he's doing and that's when they're giving 98 instead of a 100% and that's just not enough anymore to beat those lesser teams convincingly. Like I said, I expect it to change in the knockout rounds.

I am glad to see Brazil score and win this game. Need them in the Knock out phase.

Couple thoughts:

Brazil needs to play more Douglas Costa. I really liked him at Bayern and he was the MVP today. Willian has been terrible.

Coutinho is full of class. He reminds me of a refined Kaka.

Neymar needs to know he is a marked man. He is gonna have to toughen up and overcome his emotion.

Navas is the only reason This game was in doubt after 90 minutes. Tremendous keeper . . . Would of loved to see them advance but once they lost to Serbia that dream was dead.

That was a great performance by Brazil. Obviously they need to score goals but I think the best is yet to come.

Back
Top Bottom