***Official 2018 FIFA World Cup thread*** | Page 50 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official 2018 FIFA World Cup thread***

Here is a great question for the final:
what was the first World Cup you remember and/or watched? Where were you?

I’m only 36 so for me the last one I remember was 1990 when I was 8. i was also in youth soccer here in North Lauderdale and plus Germany won, so memories stick with me from that time.

Hell I really only got into team sports watching starting around 1988 with the Dolphins, Canes and the Mets . . .plus eventually the Bulls with MJ. Switched from the Mets to the Marlins in 1993 and became a US soccer fan in 1994. Also the Florida Panthers around that time. After MJ left in 1998 I kind of waivered away from NBA but I became a Heat fan in 2003 when they drafted Wade as I enjoyed watching him in college.

I did enjoy Tennis when I was young, with Becker and Graf out there. Still love tennis and even golf, before and after Woods even. Also watched a lot of Olympics

Croatia had to of seen something on tape with France and space between the legs of players. They have gone for the nutmeg about a dozen times (with good success) in this game that is only 30 minutes old.

United have been linked to Perisic for years, Inter refused to sell him last year. I have never been convinced, but he has had a good world cup

**** man . . . .Croatia shooting themselves in the foot.

Need to let this handball slide due to that dive earlier.

**** var. absurd stoppages in the middle of the damn world cup final

Croatia has clearly been the better side this half, and yet down 2-1 off a dive and a unfortunate handball.

****ing soccer sometimes man

United have been linked to Perisic for years, Inter refused to sell him last year. I have never been convinced, but he has had a good world cup

He’s quality.

He is like a younger Frank Ribery. The problem with that comparison is once the speed goes down, as he ages, he has limited tricks for an attacking winger and becomes much more predictable . . . Hell as good as he has been this Cup, you see some of that predictability and it will only show more glaring as he crosses over the wrong side of 30.

I’m only 36 so for me the last one I remember was 1990 when I was 8. i was also in youth soccer here in North Lauderdale and plus Germany won, so memories stick with me from that time.

Hell I really only got into team sports watching starting around 1988 with the Dolphins, Canes and the Mets . . .plus eventually the Bulls with MJ. Switched from the Mets to the Marlins in 1993 and became a US soccer fan in 1994. Also the Florida Panthers around that time. After MJ left in 1998 I kind of waivered away from NBA but I became a Heat fan in 2003 when they drafted Wade as I enjoyed watching him in college.

I did enjoy Tennis when I was young, with Becker and Graf out there. Still love tennis and even golf, before and after Woods even. Also watched a lot of Olympics
Awesome. I started in 1970 at the tender age of 6. My dad just signed me up for the next season on the youth level of one of our soccer clubs in Berlin (6-8 year olds) and I was really excited. Though some of the games were late at night when Germany played I was allowed to stay up late. I felt like a big boy among my parents and our neighbors who came over. Dam, chips and soda at midnight. :laugh
I also realized that I was exposed to three historical facts that WC which I realized much later. Much much later. I watched the German revenge on England for the Wembley goal in 1966 and in Germany we said that we started the England curse for the 1966 Wembley goal. We kicked the defending Champion out and England never sniffed a final again. The second historical fact was the game of the century. A loss to Italy in the semis. That game was considered the game of the 20th century for many years and decades to come. And I saw Pele in one game - the final against Italy. Technically I lost interest after the 3rd place game but my dad told me that I should watch the final so I get to see the greatest player ever.

Croatia has clearly been the better side this half, and yet down 2-1 off a dive and a unfortunate handball.

****ing soccer sometimes man
I have seen much worse handballs not being called. The problem is that despite video it comes down to what the ref feels. And if you can review stuff like that you might as well review close fouls near the penalty box. I think in this WC nearly 50% of the goals came from standards like free kicks and corners.

Croatia was much better in the first half but they left too many chances on the field. I wonder if they can hold that tempo they are playing. If they don't score quickly......

Back
Top Bottom