***Official 2019 Tailgate Thread***

phins_4_ever

E12 FH Tailgate Gang
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
It is time again. The 2019 version of the official FH Tailgate Thread.
We will be located at the same spot: Orange East 12.

The best way to find us if you are coming from the North is to take the Stadium exit on the Turnpike and enter Gate 2 (to your right) if you have Orange Parking. Once you turn into Gate 2 make an immediate left. Disregard any advice or directions from the attendants. Just tell them that you are joining a tailgate party. Go past East 22 pole and take the next aisle to your right (210). Follow the road to East 12. Look for the Dolphins Bar.

If you have Yellow parking you will park in the left parking lot (13/14) and you can take the new pedestrian bridge which will bring you right into our parking lot.
From there you can see the sign East 12. When looking at the stadium we are on the left side of the pole (I believe it is Aisle 210). Just look for the Dolphins bar.

Anybody who wants to join us I do recommend the Turnpike. Should you come from West (i.e. Plantation, Weston, Sunrise, Pembroke Pines etc) I still recommend the Turnpike if you want to join us. Technically from those areas you could take University Drive into the West parking lots but it will be a hike to get to us. The same advice to everybody who is coming from the East (Hallandale, Hollywood, Ft Lauderdale etc): seek the Turnpike. Lol
You can get to the Turnpike via Hollywood/Pines Blvd, Griffin Road, I-595, Sunrise Blvd in those areas.

If you are coming from the south on I-95 etc go to the Golden Glades interchange and take the Turnpike North for a couple miles. Take the stadium exit to your right. It is a flyover straight to our parking lot. Then follow the instructions above.

Time: we start early. Since most of the parking lots fell victim to the construction (Tennis Center, Training facility) our parking lot usually fills up early.

Our tailgate begins (beginning this year) at 8am (for a 1pm game). For that occasion I bought a stove thingy for the grill and a coffee percolator for fresh brewed coffee and I am sure someone will bring some donuts. If you want the whole experience get up early and join us. Food will be served no later than 10.
I usually shut the grill down at 12pm (for a 1pm game). So if you come after 12 I won’t have much time since I will be breaking down but there will be plenty of people around. The group of people tailgating is a mixed age group: anywhere from the mid 20s up to the mid 50s.
Last year we had around 6-8 tents, 3 grills and 1 smoker. This year we may end up with 8 tents +.
Alcohol will be served beginning at 8am.
We can always accommodate a couple extra people but it is important that everybody who wants to attend will let me know asap. If you have a whole group of 6 or more people you definitely have to let me know.

Don’t ask what to bring. I usually serve burgers (occasionally switched with ribs and/or wings) and hot dogs fresh of the grill (the good ones). For big games and special occasions I may flex and expand. Others do smoked ribs, bacon, steaks, wings etc. For the most part we grill and people can just take what they want. We have plenty of beers and waters and of course shots. If you want to bring something you can but if you are an out-of-towner why go shopping. Just bring yourself.

To be continued……

Last edited:

Crump

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Question.....

Did you go to the tailgate strip club sunday?

Crump

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score

phins_4_ever

E12 FH Tailgate Gang
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score

vega51

Scout Team
Reaction score
Hi guys if it rains the raincoats are given on the game or we have to bring some at for the game?

phins_4_ever

E12 FH Tailgate Gang
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Hi guys if it rains the raincoats are given on the game or we have to bring some at for the game?
You have to bring a rain coat or buy one there (the cheap ones cost like 5 bucks). But you really do not need a rain coat in the stadium unless you sit in the first few rows.

For those who just texted me: yes, we do tailgate if it is raining. :lol:

SCOTTY

Starter
Reaction score
You have to bring a rain coat or buy one there (the cheap ones cost like 5 bucks). But you really do not need a rain coat in the stadium unless you sit in the first few rows.

For those who just texted me: yes, we do tailgate if it is raining. :lol:
Can't tell you how many damn monsoons I sat thru before the canopy. Thank God my tix are row 10 right at the end of the canopy. Only hit with a light drizzle, wind blowing once.

Top Bottom