Official 76ers Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

Clipse

mediocrity sucks
Reaction score
Figure I'd start a thread to discuss Philly.

Just got done watching the Toronto-Philly game. We sure can rebound, and Dalembert is a monster on the boards, blocked Bosh a few times as well. Hopefully we will just stop shooting 3's. 5-20 on 3 pointers, we better just stick to what we do best, driving and scoring in the paint. Both Iggy and Brand has mediocre games, so hopefully it was just 1st game jitters. Miller missed a few easy drive in layups as well. But we just had a horrible time shooting the ball. 29-84 shooting, thats 34.5%. No way we shoot that bad again this season, that was just horrible. We outrebounded 56-33 with 23 Offensive rebounds, so thats a good sign. Sammy had 17 and Brand had 13 rebounds. Also, not only do we need to stop shooting 3's, we need to stop letting other teams shoot them too. Raptors went 10-16 shooting 3's for 62.5%. I literally cringed everytime a Raptor shot a 3. Also, passing needs improvement, we only had 15 assists to Raptors 24 assists, and the big stat, 18 turnovers, 18! Raptors had only 10. For some reason, Philly just loved going inside, spinning and throwing an off the wall pass :shakeno:.

We have another homegame on Friday against the Knicks at 7:00, hopefully we will be able to redeem ourselves.

I don't get that starting lineup. Brand...great post player. Iggy....can't shoot. Miller...can't shoot. Dalembert...lucky to make a shot more than 2 ft from the basket. How can a post player help you if he doesn't have anyone around him that is a threat to hit the open jumper?

I don't get that starting lineup. Brand...great post player. Iggy....can't shoot. Miller...can't shoot. Dalembert...lucky to make a shot more than 2 ft from the basket. How can a post player help you if he doesn't have anyone around him that is a threat to hit the open jumper?
Iggy can hit mid range jumpers pretty well. Lou Williams who will be getting alot of playing time this year is a very good shooter. Miller can hit mid range jumpers when he wants to. Then there's Kareem Rush and Donyell Marshall, both very dangerous outside scorers. Only problem this team has is 3 point shooting, that certainly is our weak spot. With that being said, 3 pointers shouldn't be a part of our game plan. Our strengths consist of driving to the basket and working the post. Iggy, Miller, Young, and Lou Williams thrive off driving hard to the basket.

Now that's the kind of game I like to see. 29 point win over the Knicks. 24 point, 14 rebounds, 3 blocks for Elton Brand, good to see that. 20 Points, 8 assists, 7 rebounds for Miller. Outrebounded the Knicks by 18. 33 points off the bench between Green and Lou Williams. All this despite Iggy only getting 7 points. 0 lead changes, we took this game and kept it which is good. The best stat of the night? 2-5 3 pointers. I knew if we stopped shootign 3's we would win, we won with fast breaks and inside scoring, which is what we do best.

wow, up by 23 and we lose. Miller is the worst shooter in the league, no doubt. Time to start Lou Williams.

wow, up by 23 and we lose. Miller is the worst shooter in the league, no doubt. Time to start Lou Williams.

Eh, Andre Miller is better than Lou Williams

Last night was disappointing, but we'll be fine. This team still needs more time playing together, Brand doesn't have that "go to guy" feel yet. When he does, look out.

Eh, Andre Miller is better than Lou Williams

Last night was disappointing, but we'll be fine. This team still needs more time playing together, Brand doesn't have that "go to guy" feel yet. When he does, look out.
I don't know. Andre Miller is a very underrated PG. Only problem is his jumper isn't scaring anybody.

Our strengths consist of driving to the basket and working the post. Iggy, Miller, Young, and Lou Williams thrive off driving hard to the basket.

Those are the strengths....only problem is that the two cannot coexist. What good are a bunch of guys who thrive off driving hard to the basket when you throw it in to Brand? What good is Brand if you can't space the floor around him?

Can't comment on the game... at work but the game was tivo'ed for my viewing pleasures tomorrow. For now this'll have to do... :d-day:

76ers 83, Heat 106

miami_heat-1.gif

Can't comment on the game... at work but the game was tivo'ed for my viewing pleasures tomorrow. For now this'll have to do... :d-day:

76ers 83, Heat 106

miami_heat-1.gif
:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

I've never seen such ball insecurity ever. But judging by the way this season has gone, we will blow out the Magic tomorrow night, we're as inconsistent as well, umm, my beloved Dolphins :boohoo: Iguodala has been missing all year long. And I think it is now safe to say, Thaddeous Young is the best player on the team. Only his 2nd year and he's already a beast. And he had developed one hell of a jumper during the offseason. Iguodala could be gone if he keeps up his crazy, horrible, careless play any longer. We would be alot better with Lou Williams out there. Then we could spread it out a bit with Lou and Young both having a nice jumper. Miller is just not starting material anymore, I've never seen a point guard with as bad a jumper as Miller.

I do think we will get our act together eventually though, and will make the playoffs. I cannot believe I was buying into the hype of Philly being the 3rd best team in the East behind Boston and Cleveland. Top 8 no doubt we have the talent, but too inconsistent for top 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andre Miller had another horrific game last night, i really don't know what is going on with him. I never really considered him to be such a scoring threat, and why he's taking 24 shots a game like last night is completely beyond me. But he's just not playing well in any aspect, he's turning the ball over (so is the rest of the team) and it's pretty clear the Sixers march to the beat of their PG. He's going to have to get right for this team to be a contender.

And he will.....

Andre Miller had another horrific game last night, i really don't know what is going on with him. I never really considered him to be such a scoring threat, and why he's taking 24 shots a game like last night is completely beyond me. But he's just not playing well in any aspect, he's turning the ball over (so is the rest of the team) and it's pretty clear the Sixers march to the beat of their PG. He's going to have to get right for this team to be a contender.

And he will.....
I sure hope so. Alot of his shots are because of 1 thing. As soon as Brand gets the ball, they pull their PG to double team him, so then Brand dishes it out to Miller for the wide open jumper, which he cannot hit at all. He's a very good passer and drives to the basket very well, but his jumper is nothing to write home about. Sweet Lou can hit those open jumpers all day though . I don't know, I kind of find it a coincidence that when Miller is in the game, we do badly, but as soon as he is replaced, we start to pick it up. And I noticed another thing from last night's game, we play outstanding with a small lineup. We were doing very good last night with 1 big in, and then Lou, Iggy, Rush, and Young on the floor. I liked what I seen out of Royal Ivey as well, very good defender.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like this team is finally coming together. Brand is still a beast. I was a little worried when we 1st got him, I was hoping it wouldn't turn into the Chris Webber nightmare, thank god it hasn't. Dalembert is owning the post. Thaddeus Young is a beast. He is just too good. Looks to be taking over Iggy's spot as the star on this team and becoming my favorite player. Iguodala has finally shown up. 3 double-doubles in the last 4 games. Andre Miller has finally started hitting those mid range jumpers. Willie Green will be in contention for the 6th man award this year. This guy is a stud off the bench. God I'm so happy to see Philly start playing like the team I thought they would be.

Back
Top Bottom