Official 76ers Thread | Page 66 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

If I were offered a max deal, I'd go back to the Hawks too. Hawks severely overpayed for Johnson.

Summer league is here. Beat the Nets by 10 last night. Holiday was unstoppable leading the way with 23/8/4. Turner had an ok night putting up 12/8/4, 8-8 from the FT line. Only shot the ball 5 times though. He played off ball most of the game though, and he never played off ball at Ohio State so it's understandable. Hoping to see him shoot more tonight. Speights was awful going 1-11 from the field. Meeks had a great game, 18 points and 5 boards. Hopefully he keeps it up so he can take all of Willie Green's minutes during the regular season... If there's one guy I think can possibly make the team, it's Cedric Simmons. I'll be keeping an eye on him. This guy can flat out defend. 6'10", with an outstanding 7'4" wingspan, and very athletic. Great shotblocker, and can guard on the perimeter as well. Not much of an offensive threat aside from being a surprisingly good passer and having a solid jumper, as well as lobs/dunks, but the guy can defend and rebound, and that's what we need. Keep an eye on him, it wouldn't shock me if he made the roster.

We're about to play the Celtics now after Jeremy Pargo just hit a gamewinner vs. the Thunder.

Game 2 of the summer league down. Nice 17 point blowout over the Celtics. Jrue Holiday on defense is a sight to see. He harasses his man down the court every possession, and forces a ton of turnovers. He's going to be on a lot of NBA All Defense teams throughout his career. I've seen a lot of basketball in just my 20 years on this earth, and Holiday is one of the best defenders I've ever seen. The perimeter defense as a whole was amazing today. 8 steals between Holiday, Meeks, Turner, and Mike Green. They were harassing the opposing guards all game.

Speaking of Mike Green, color me impressed. Good 3 point shot, intense on defense out there with 3 steals. He will get an invite to TC if he keeps this play up. Evan Turner had a good game with 14/4/3 and 2 steals. Had some very good passes out there, a few that didn't get finished. You have to consider that he's playing off the ball the vast majority of the game. His defense was great. Holiday, Turner, and Iggy playing defense is going to be incredible to watch. Holiday and Iggy are already proven to get their hands on the ball a lot and create a lot of TO's, Turner does the same. There's going to be a lot of fastbreak points off turnovers in Philly this season. Holiday had a decent game on offense, incredible showing on defense, as with all the guards tonight. I mentioned Cedric Simmons earlier. Very impressive out there tonight. Put up 10/7. Got 4 offensive rebounds, got fouled a couple times on offensive rebounds as well. Was a force on the boards, contested shots, and has a couple monster dunks as well. Speights played great. Looked much better offensively in the second half, and was all over the boards. Most impressive, he had 4 very good passes that I recall. Passing and Speights is something you never hear together. Jason Love impressed as well. Big body, has some offense. Jodie Meeks once again impresses me. Led the team with 18 points, and played nasty D out there as well. This guy once put up 54 points with 10 3 pointers in a single game at Kentucky of all schools. Both school records. Meeks can flat out shoot the ball. When he's on, there's no stopping him. Say hello to Willie Green's replacement. The whole team played great out there really.

What I'm hoping to see in game 3 is more of Simmons and Love, less of Plaisted. That guy blows. More of Mike Green, less of Ryan Brooks. I want to see Evan Turner be given the ball more, and playing off the ball less.

you should beat the celtics summer league team handily...the roster is a big bag of garbage...

you should beat the celtics summer league team handily...the roster is a big bag of garbage...

It's pretty bad but there is some talent. I've always liked Luke Harangody and think he's going to be a solid backup big in the NBA. I was impressed with JayCee Caroll as well. Looks to have a great teardrop shot. Dropped 40 points a game in high school, and is one of the greatest 3 point shooters in NCAA history. Reminds me a lot of J.J. Reddick. I think Carroll can be a good player in the nba coming off the bench. I was impressed with Tony Gaffney as well.

if harangody continues to show a nice consistent outside touch from the 3 point line i think he could be in play for some minutes to step out and hit some uncontested jumpers...but he can't defend a paper bag and athletically he's woeful...another guy that can't play above the rim to add to baby etc...he's got some scoring touch and some decent feet though...more a surprise scorer imo...lulls guys to sleep

other than that i don't think there's a guy on the summer league team that could make the c's roster...provided we lose scrub scalabrine

i wish avery bradley was there cause he needs a ton of work on his jumper...but i like his length and defense at backup point off the bench

I watched the summer league game tonight and I liked what I saw. This is a good sign even if it is summer league for things to come.

I watched the summer league game tonight and I liked what I saw. This is a good sign even if it is summer league for things to come.

The team defense was great. The perimeter defense was spectacular. Better defensive performance than any game I saw from the Sixers last year that's for sure. But great defense should be expected with Collins as the coach. I'll be watching every SL game specifically to see Simmons and Meeks. Willie Green has been getting good minutes for far too long, and I really like Jodie Meeks. He may just be the one to finally push Green out the door. Simmons is exactly what this team needs. Athletic big with a huge wingspan. Can block shots and rebound.

The team defense was great. The perimeter defense was spectacular. Better defensive performance than any game I saw from the Sixers last year that's for sure. But great defense should be expected with Collins as the coach. I'll be watching every SL game specifically to see Simmons and Meeks. Willie Green has been getting good minutes for far too long, and I really like Jodie Meeks. He may just be the one to finally push Green out the door. Simmons is exactly what this team needs. Athletic big with a huge wingspan. Can block shots and rebound.
I was impressed by the perimeter defense also. It should be a lot better this year with Collins as our coach. I am liking what I'm seeing from Meeks. If he gets playing time this year, which I think he will, he can be a great contributor for this team.

Man, the refereeing in the Summer League has been god awful. They certainly seem to have some sort of vendetta against Turner.

Game 3 of the summer league down. Fell by 9 to OKC. The officiating is terrible. 58 fouls called.... Bad game by Turner. He clearly isn't into the Summer League, which is aided by the awful officiating, especially against Turner. He's playing off the ball every single possession, and he knows that's not going to happen in the regular season, but I wish he'd try a little harder out there. He did crash the boards and played solid D.

Holiday continues to be unstoppable. 25/5 with 3 steals. I honestly think in 3-4 years, it will be Holiday, not Turner who's the face of the franchise. I absolutely love Holiday's game, offensively, and especially defensively. Not a great shooting night for Meeks, but he got to the FT line and made all 8 of his attempts. 16/6/4 for him, good all around game. Speights was unstoppable in the 2nd half. 20/9 from him, including 6 offensive rebounds. Say what you will about Speights defense/rebounding, but the guy can put up points, and is a very good offensive rebounder. Plaisted continues to be awful. Someone explain to me why he's starting? Off game from Simmons. Vernon Goodridge looked good in his minutes though, played some real good D out there. Another good game by Mike Green. I really like his intensity on defense.

now you know what its like to be a celtics fan and play the lakers...HOZED

The officiating in the NBA has been god awful for as long as I can remember, but it's really been dreadful the last few years. It's not just a Celtics-Lakers thing, I've seen numerous teams getting hosed, especially in the playoffs where the officiating was some of the worst I've ever seen.

Even though they lost I liked the things I saw. I am really impressed by what I'm seeing from Holliday. He is scoring well and playing well defensively. He is turning into a really good player for them. I also liked how Meeks played. If he gets some time this year he will be a good player off the bench for the Sixers.

Back
Top Bottom