Official 76ers Thread | Page 69 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

Also, with Billy King as the Nets GM you might see some bloated contracts given out. Because we know he did that for many players on the Sixers.

You never know. They really like Iggy. With Jefferson gone, they may want a proven player like Iggy who does it all. This is also David Kahn we're talking about, worst GM in the NBA. The deal would have to include Wes Johnson orKevin Love, and I see 0% chance they trade Love with Jefferson gone.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

In other news, Billy King named Nets GM.

Love has been mentioned going tp philly for the last few weeks...i never thought he was that good at ucla and i sure as hell dont want him now..i believe this is the yr the sixers decide to part w/ iggy. Just call it a gut feeling. I also wouldnt mind seeing the sixers try and get budinger from hou again. I love his game and he is a goods 3 pointer and underrated defensive player.

Love has been mentioned going tp philly for the last few weeks...i never thought he was that good at ucla and i sure as hell dont want him now..i believe this is the yr the sixers decide to part w/ iggy. Just call it a gut feeling. I also wouldnt mind seeing the sixers try and get budinger from hou again. I love his game and he is a goods 3 pointer and underrated defensive player.
I think that Love is actually a pretty good player. He has a good inside game and a decent outside shot. I think they may part ways with Iggy, but I wouldn't be surprised if he stays. I would hope they would get more in the Houston deal than Budinger.

I disagree. Kevin Love is a stud. Can score in multiple ways. Is a terrific rebounder. Good passer. Think David Lee with a capable 3 point shot. 14/11 last year playing 28 mins a game. You give him 34+ minutes a game he's fully capable of being a 20/10 player, more like 20/15 to be honest, he's one of the best rebounders in the league imo. He's untouchable though so we can't land him. I like Budinger, but I'd much rather have Ariza than him. The team is listening to offers for Iggy, but they still would rather trade Thad/Kapono/Green for a big. However, it doesn't sound like Thad is gaining much interest so perhaps Iggy does get traded.

I disagree. Kevin Love is a stud. Can score in multiple ways. Is a terrific rebounder. Good passer. Think David Lee with a capable 3 point shot. 14/11 last year playing 28 mins a game. You give him 34+ minutes a game he's fully capable of being a 20/10 player, more like 20/15 to be honest, he's one of the best rebounders in the league imo. He's untouchable though so we can't land him. I like Budinger, but I'd much rather have Ariza than him. The team is listening to offers for Iggy, but they still would rather trade Thad/Kapono/Green for a big. However, it doesn't sound like Thad is gaining much interest so perhaps Iggy does get traded.
I agree with you about Love. He can be a great player if given the chance. I would also rather have Ariza than Budinger because he way better than Budinger. In the end, even though I wouldn't like it, maybe Iggy does end up traded.

I agree with you about Love. He can be a great player if given the chance. I would also rather have Ariza than Budinger because he way better than Budinger. In the end, even though I wouldn't like it, maybe Iggy does end up traded.

If he does, it won't be a bad deal imo. From everything I'm hearing, they're not shopping him, just getting a lot of calls. If the price is right, they'll do it. Most of the offers I'm hearing are pretty good. And while Iggy for Ariza, Jeffries, and Hill doesn't sound like much, think about the $21 million or so in cap space we'd have next year. Would you trade Iggy for Ariza, Carmelo, and another solid FA? I sure would. What about Iggy for Ariza, Marc Gasol, J-Rich, while resigning Speights and Hawes, and adding a Pryzbilla, Turiaf, or Ryan Hollins? Again, I sure would. Not only would we have a lot of options next year, but we'd have another 25.6 million dollars to look forward too with Brand and Nociono expiring in the near future. That's how you build a team.

And Ariza is a pretty good player as well. Just look at the difference from being the #1 option, and when Kevin Martin came aboard to take the load off him. He went from shooting 30.5% from 3, to 41% from 3. Massive difference. He went from shooting 37.8% from the field, to 44.3% from the field, again, huge difference. He also increased his averages scoring, passing, and rebounding the ball. And in my opinion, Ariza is a better defender than Iggy.

If he does, it won't be a bad deal imo. From everything I'm hearing, they're not shopping him, just getting a lot of calls. If the price is right, they'll do it. Most of the offers I'm hearing are pretty good. And while Iggy for Ariza, Jeffries, and Hill doesn't sound like much, think about the $21 million or so in cap space we'd have next year. Would you trade Iggy for Ariza, Carmelo, and another solid FA? I sure would. What about Iggy for Ariza, Marc Gasol, J-Rich, while resigning Speights and Hawes, and adding a Pryzbilla, Turiaf, or Ryan Hollins? Again, I sure would. Not only would we have a lot of options next year, but we'd have another 25.6 million dollars to look forward too with Brand and Nociono expiring in the near future. That's how you build a team.
I'm not surprised they're not shopping Love. If we did any of the deals you just mentioned along with the expiring contracts in the near future think about the options. I like the deal where we end up getting Ariza, Melo, and another solid FA. We have young talent and adding guys like those would help tremendously. This would be how you build a team.

I would love for them to do the trade where we get Ariza, Melo, and a solid FA. That would help a lot. Which do you think is the better trade?

I would love for them to do the trade where we get Ariza, Melo, and a solid FA. That would help a lot. Which do you think is the better trade?

Well not neccesarily a trade. but with the $20 million in cap room we'd have, we could get a Carmelo or other FA's. But I do the Ariza deal in a heartbeat. As I pointed out, Ariza isn't that far off from Iggy as a player, and is without a doubt a better spot up shooter, and in my mind a better defender. Then you have the cap room to add at least two FA's, which makes the deal worth it. Then of course Brand and Nociono expire soon, another $24 million in cap room. That's how to build a team, but I'm afraid Stefanski doesn't know that.

Well not neccesarily a trade. but with the $20 million in cap room we'd have, we could get a Carmelo or other FA's. But I do the Ariza deal in a heartbeat. As I pointed out, Ariza isn't that far off from Iggy as a player, and is without a doubt a better spot up shooter, and in my mind a better defender. Then you have the cap room to add at least two FA's, which makes the deal worth it. Then of course Brand and Nociono expire soon, another $24 million in cap room. That's how to build a team, but I'm afraid Stefanski doesn't know that.
I would also like them to do the Arizs deal. Like you said he's just as good of a defender and a better outside shooter. If we can even get one food free agent next year it would be a start. Also, I would say that Stefanski doesn't really know how to build a team. He also doesn't want to have a year similar to last year, some of the guys may stay.

I would also like them to do the Arizs deal. Like you said he's just as good of a defender and a better outside shooter. If we can even get one food free agent next year it would be a start. Also, I would say that Stefanski doesn't really know how to build a team. He also doesn't want to have a year similar to last year, some of the guys may stay.

Which is the way I feel. Stefanski need the team to do good to keep his job. So making moves that help us in the long term isn't something I'm expecting from Stefanski.

Which is the way I feel. Stefanski need the team to do good to keep his job. So making moves that help us in the long term isn't something I'm expecting from Stefanski.
Exactly, if he has another year like last year he won't have the opportunity to make things better because he will be gone.

Back
Top Bottom