Official 76ers Thread | Page 70 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

I wouldn't be shocked if it did. We considered trading Iggy for Budinger and expirings last year, and Ariza + expirings is a better deal imo.
I wouldn't be shocked either, but I like the Ariza deal much better. I would still like for them to keep Iggy, but business is business.

Now, but I'm sure if they don't work out a trade they can revisit at the deadline if things don't work out. Houston has been trying to get Iggy for awhile now.
I don't think they are going to make the trade before the season starts. They want to see how Iggy plays at his natural position with Turner and Holliday.

Any recent news about the possible Houston trade?

Nope. We still want to keep Iggy and trade Thad for a big. The problem is, Thad isn't garnering much interest. They are looking to trade Kapono for a big though, preferably expiring. Hearing Gadzuric and Nazr Mohammed. Jeff Foster was talked about a lot, but with the way the Pacers draft went, perhaps they don't need another wing. Supposedly the Clippers and Kings are interested. I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Deandre Jordan from the Clips. Nobody on the Kings excites me.

We also signed Tony Battie for what I'm assuming is the vet min. I mentioned him in an earlier post as an option. I like the signing as a stopgap. A tough defender/rebounder to play 10 minutes or so off the bench and gives you a veteran presence in the locker room. Another thing is this probably means we look to trade Kapono for a 2nd round pick + TPE rather than a stopgap big man. Clips and Kings both have the cap room to take Kapono's contract straight up, so perhaps that's what happens. I would of rather we signed a guy like Sean Williams or Cedrick Simmons though.

That's too bad that no one has any real interest in Thad. I think they can move Kapono's contract, but I think they may keep him for a good shooter, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's traded. There are some players in the Clips that I'm interested in, but there's nobody on the Kings I like. With a guy like Battie he can give you good rebounds and solid defense which this team can desperately use.

That's too bad that no one has any real interest in Thad. I think they can move Kapono's contract, but I think they may keep him for a good shooter, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's traded. There are some players in the Clips that I'm interested in, but there's nobody on the Kings I like. With a guy like Battie he can give you good rebounds and solid defense which this team can desperately use.

I can't see Kapono getting any playing time on this team. Too many wings that are better than him. He's abysmal on defense, and Collins just won't play him for that reason alone. Also, I don't really see shooting as an issue for this team anymore like it's been for what seems like forever. Jrue shot 40% from 3 last year. Hawes brings shooting to the starting lineup. Meeks can light it up, as can Nocioni. And Jason Smith can also hit the 3 if you leave him open.

I can't see Kapono getting any playing time on this team. Too many wings that are better than him. He's abysmal on defense, and Collins just won't play him for that reason alone. Also, I don't really see shooting as an issue for this team anymore like it's been for what seems like forever. Jrue shot 40% from 3 last year. Hawes brings shooting to the starting lineup. Meeks can light it up, as can Nocioni. And Jason Smith can also hit the 3 if you leave him open.
When you put it that way I actually can see Kapono being moved. His defense is suspect and you're right that this team has other decent shooters that can light it up. I like potential that Meeks has and I hope he gets some playing time this year. What kind of value do you think we can get for Kapono?

When you put it that way I actually can see Kapono being moved. His defense is suspect and you're right that this team has other decent shooters that can light it up. I like potential that Meeks has and I hope he gets some playing time this year. What kind of value do you think we can get for Kapono?

Not much. Like I said, either a vet big like Nazr Mohammed, Dan Gadzuric, Jeff Foster, etc. or a 2nd round pick and TPE. I'd take the latter since we signed Battie to be that vet.

I know you said they were looking to deal Thad, do you think they will deal him before the season starts or at the deadline?

Back
Top Bottom