*** Official Atlanta Falcons @ Miami Dolphins Game Thread *** Preseason Wk1 | Page 44 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Atlanta Falcons @ Miami Dolphins Game Thread *** Preseason Wk1

some quick notes on the game before my feed went bad (end of 4th):

First team OL were pretty bad, especially Jordan Mills. Coaches wasted no time pulling Fitzpatrick because every drop back he had to scramble for his life. Rosen then felt the heat as well when he first stepped in, taking some hits, this is going to be quite the project to put out a functioning unit.
Needham was getting picked on all game, had some horrible penalties and was surprised he was given so much run.
Drake and Ballage both looked fluid in their limited reps, excited to see both in action this year.
Rosen outside of the Int looked pretty good! Preston Williams definitely helped him out on multiple plays, but he put it where it was supposed to be and you can tell they have a good chemistry together.
Deiter looked pretty solid on stunt pick ups and pass pro once he settled in
Carradine and Harris was a very underwhelming pass rush duo
Wilkins and Godchauex looked stout.
None of the Lbs outside of Baker really stood out
Surprised Minkah missed so many tackles
Howard looks the part of a number 1 corner, can't wait to see him break out this year
TE group looked good run blocking, Clive Warford with some good catches, Gesecki with only 1 catch but whatever keep him healthy
Walton/Gaskin is going to be a fun competition
Jason Sanders is money

It's weird reading a game thread backwards, but its preseason so I don't really care about scoring yet. I like seeing peoples overall takes of play rather than snap reactions per plays.

I'm not sure why the official site wasn't streaming like they said, so I will try to catch the recap on NFL tomorrow. Sounds like it was an interesting watch.

I think he deserves a start next week.

If he continues playing great it will be hard to get him out of the line up.
In the Flores system starting means nothing. 11 players will take the field first but there will be a lot of changes throughout games. While today had a lot to do with evaluating players the changes will be plentiful in regular season games. You definitely saw the NE blueprint today: changing personal, moving personal.

It's weird reading a game thread backwards, but its preseason so I don't really care about scoring yet. I like seeing peoples overall takes of play rather than snap reactions per plays.

I'm not sure why the official site wasn't streaming like they said, so I will try to catch the recap on NFL tomorrow. Sounds like it was an interesting watch.

It was
Usually first games are boring and low scoring.
This was neither

I hope Flores is running some kind of diagnostic packages because the product out there on the field was awful. It's going to be a loooooooong season. Should be obvious why the O-line coach was already fired.

I hope Flores is running some kind of diagnostic packages because the product out there on the field was awful. It's going to be a loooooooong season. Should be obvious why the O-line coach was already fired.

For the first practice game ?
What exactly were you expecting this early in the process for a new coach with lots of new players ?

The O line did not look good but i think we knew going in it would struggle and there is lot of work to be done there.

For the first practice game ?
What exactly were you expecting this early in the process for a new coach with lots of new players ?

The O line did not look good but i think we knew going in it would struggle and there is lot of work to be done there.
People also have to understand that this was the Falcons second pre-season game. Naturally they are ahead of the curve.

I think the problem here is your expectation of this team, not their performance tonight.

Watching Williams pop off the screen reminds me of seeing Gadsden his first preseason. My eyes are saying he is a player.

WOW...I have a totally different take...I found it exciting and aggressive, something we haven't seen in awhile.

If this is the blueprint, we may not win a lot but should have some exciting games...hell yea!

It seems to me that most fans would realize this is not the beginning of our season but it is the beginning of the end of our training and evaluation camps in order to determine which of about 40 players are not going to be with us when the season does start.

I realize that my being an optimist does occasionally blind me to posters whose only purpose is to try and demonstrate their football acumen by constantly belittling players. I have a category for those kinds of posters. I call them Lemmings and their negativity I refer to as lemming juice or lemming drops, just to be a little on the humorous side.

Back
Top Bottom