*** OFFICIAL ATLANTA FALCONS @ MIAMI DOLPHINS GAME THREAD *** Preseason WK3 | Page 59 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL ATLANTA FALCONS @ MIAMI DOLPHINS GAME THREAD *** Preseason WK3

A week a go people were riding Doughty's dick, but guess what, there is a new dick to hop on...

****ing people putting far too much stock into preseason...

While you have been riding the same limp one for four+ years now.

It appears you are confused, the QB that had a perfect rating last week was Prescott. Then throw in 3 rushes for 28 yards and 2 TDs and that is just icing on the cake. One of the those rushes was a reaction to pressure up the middle which he took 20 yards for a TD.

Watching his pay @ Seattle against their 1st team defense and without Dez Bryant, Dak looks like a skilled 7 year vet in the pocket. Prescott's leadership, pocket awareness and reaction, athleticism, throwing down the field are all above Tannehill right now. As far as numbers:

Prescott...
Passing: 39 of 50 (78%), 454 yards, 9.1 ypa, 5 TD passes, 0 int, 137.8 QB rating
Rushing: 7 rush, 53 yards, 2 TDs

While Tanny fans rave about how well he is playing with much better protection this preseason...
Passing: 34 of 53 (64.2%), 325 yards, 6.1 ypa, 2 TD passes, 1 int, 85.8 QB rating
Rush: 4 rush, 38 yards, 0 TD

Not only has Dak rushed for 2 TDs, but the difference is Tannehill's yards are coming on excellent play designs whereas most of Prescott's are coming by escaping sacks and in which he turns negatives into positives which is one of Tannehill's major weaknesses (frozen feet in the pocket).

The other major difference between the two is their mindset as Prescott likes to take shots down the field whereas Tannehill's likes to throw short...I'll take chunk yardage over chunk inches.

And then the real difference...Dallas' offense under Presecott in about 6 quarters of play = 61 point...Miami's offense under Tannehill in a little over 4 quarters of play = 21 points.

Could you imagine the "worship" (which happens for mediocre play) that would take place on this forum if Tannehill was actually playing to Prescott's level right now? Heck, I would be on board that wagon!! Despite all the accolades for Tannehill by his fans for his play this preseason, not much has changed so far other than better play designs, but still Tannehill is who he is as a QB, makes a living throwing 5 yards and less, builds up respectable "empty calorie" statistics while Miami doesn't put points on the board.

All this Prescott "slathering" is too ****ing funny:
#1 - it ain't Tannehill
#2 - Tannehill would have looked Prescott-like against last week's il-prepared group of Vance Joseph's squad - who he himself may be in over his own head!
#3 - Prescott protected by the best OL in football
#4 - no film on Prescott.

Tannehill "supporters" (and many of us ironically ARE friggin supporters vs his critics) get accused of candy-coating RT17's areas of development, yet his H8Rs are ready to anoint a 4th round pick on the basis of 2 exhibition games as a better option.

Truly, you can't make this shizzle up!

All this Prescott "slathering" is too ****ing funny:
#1 - it ain't Tannehill
#2 - Tannehill would have looked Prescott-like against last week's il-prepared group of Vance Joseph's squad - who he himself may be in over his own head!
#3 - Prescott protected by the best OL in football
#4 - no film on Prescott.

Tannehill "supporters" (and many of us ironically ARE friggin supporters vs his critics) get accused of candy-coating RT17's areas of development, yet his H8Rs are ready to anoint a 4th round pick on the basis of 2 exhibition games as a better option.

Truly, you can't make this shizzle up!

last year it was Brock Osweiler after one game too

last year it was Brock Osweiler after one game too

Don't get me started on Brock Osweiler. It's pretty insane that we had people screaming at the top of their lungs how great the guy was after one game, and then he proceeded to stink up the joint so badly that Gary Kubiak had to put him back on the bench in favor of Peyton Manning's cremated ashes. The fact that Denver wouldn't pay him marginal money and instead opted to bring in Mark freaking Sanchez should tell us a lot about Brock Osweiler.

I don't think breaking the pocket and running the scramble drill if nothing's open downfield is showing Seattle anything new? And I don't think catching the ball is showing anything new?

I am NOT trying to be a Debbie Downer. I saw some good things tonight. But we're gonna need to see better than this if we want some offense.

I like what I see coming together...and am confident it will keep getting better.

I don't expect perfection ever...and certainly not in preseason.

Prescott looks good but most of his work is against backups. That has to be taken into account. Plus he a Should have 3 INTs right now. Hes gotten very lucky

Back
Top Bottom