*** OFFICIAL ATLANTA FALCONS @ MIAMI DOLPHINS GAME THREAD *** Preseason WK3 | Page 58 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL ATLANTA FALCONS @ MIAMI DOLPHINS GAME THREAD *** Preseason WK3

Pro Football Focus‏ @PFF
Dolphins OTs Ja’Wuan James and Branden Albert kept Ryan Tannehill clean last night. Neither allowed a pressure on their 31 pass block snaps.

Pro Football Focus‏ @PFF
Dolphins OTs Ja’Wuan James and Branden Albert kept Ryan Tannehill clean last night. Neither allowed a pressure on their 31 pass block snaps.

As far as pass blocking, the whole line looked pretty good...IT is night and day from the 1st preseason game...I wonder what is so different now ;)

Maxwell is a bad starting corner and looks to me like a 3.
Bobby is even worse on the outside
Lippett is horrific and at least a year off the point where he should even be considered for getting on the field.

Unless Howard turns out to be an all pro, this CB group should set franchise records this year - just not the sort you want.

As far as pass blocking, the whole line looked pretty good...IT is night and day from the 1st preseason game...I wonder what is so different now ;)
I don't think its a coincidence that they didn't miss a beat without Pouncey. It's also goes without saying that Dallas Thomas played better without Pouncey. Just sayin'.

I don't think its a coincidence that they didn't miss a beat without Pouncey. It's also goes without saying that Dallas Thomas played better without Pouncey. Just sayin'.

This could very well be true. I also like to think that we now have coaches who are smart enough to fix things.

Since we're talking about preseason, and Tannehill had a perfect rating last week, how is this accurate?

It appears you are confused, the QB that had a perfect rating last week was Prescott. Then throw in 3 rushes for 28 yards and 2 TDs and that is just icing on the cake. One of the those rushes was a reaction to pressure up the middle which he took 20 yards for a TD.

Watching his pay @ Seattle against their 1st team defense and without Dez Bryant, Dak looks like a skilled 7 year vet in the pocket. Prescott's leadership, pocket awareness and reaction, athleticism, throwing down the field are all above Tannehill right now. As far as numbers:

Prescott...
Passing: 39 of 50 (78%), 454 yards, 9.1 ypa, 5 TD passes, 0 int, 137.8 QB rating
Rushing: 7 rush, 53 yards, 2 TDs

While Tanny fans rave about how well he is playing with much better protection this preseason...
Passing: 34 of 53 (64.2%), 325 yards, 6.1 ypa, 2 TD passes, 1 int, 85.8 QB rating
Rush: 4 rush, 38 yards, 0 TD

Not only has Dak rushed for 2 TDs, but the difference is Tannehill's yards are coming on excellent play designs whereas most of Prescott's are coming by escaping sacks and in which he turns negatives into positives which is one of Tannehill's major weaknesses (frozen feet in the pocket).

The other major difference between the two is their mindset as Prescott likes to take shots down the field whereas Tannehill's likes to throw short...I'll take chunk yardage over chunk inches.

And then the real difference...Dallas' offense under Presecott in about 6 quarters of play = 61 point...Miami's offense under Tannehill in a little over 4 quarters of play = 21 points.

Could you imagine the "worship" (which happens for mediocre play) that would take place on this forum if Tannehill was actually playing to Prescott's level right now? Heck, I would be on board that wagon!! Despite all the accolades for Tannehill by his fans for his play this preseason, not much has changed so far other than better play designs, but still Tannehill is who he is as a QB, makes a living throwing 5 yards and less, builds up respectable "empty calorie" statistics while Miami doesn't put points on the board.

It appears you are confused, the QB that had a perfect rating last week was Prescott. Then throw in 3 rushes for 28 yards and 2 TDs and that is just icing on the cake. One of the those rushes was a reaction to pressure up the middle which he took 20 yards for a TD.

Watching his pay @ Seattle against their 1st team defense and without Dez Bryant, Dak looks like a skilled 7 year vet in the pocket. Prescott's leadership, pocket awareness and reaction, athleticism, throwing down the field are all above Tannehill right now. As far as numbers:

Prescott...
Passing: 39 of 50 (78%), 454 yards, 9.1 ypa, 5 TD passes, 0 int, 137.8 QB rating

While Tanny fans rave about how well he is playing with much better protection this preseason...
Passing: 34 of 53 (64.2%), 325 yards, 6.1 ypa, 2 TD passes, 1 int, 85.8 QB rating

Not only has Dak rushed for 2 TDs, but the difference is Tannehill's yards are coming on excellent play designs whereas most of Prescott's are coming by escaping sacks and in which he turns negatives into positives which is one of Tannehill's major weaknesses (frozen feet in the pocket).

The other major difference between the two is their mindset as Prescott likes to take shots down the field whereas Tannehill's likes to throw short...I'll take chunk yardage over chunk inches.

And then the real difference...Dallas' offense under Presecott in about 6 quarters of play = 61 point...Miami's offense under Tannehill in a little over 4 quarters of play = 21 points.

Could you imagine the "worship" (which happens for mediocre play) that would take place on this forum if Tannehill was actually playing to Prescott's level right now? Heck, I would be on board that wagon!! Despite all the accolades for Tannehill by his fans for his play this preseason, not much has changed so far other than better play designs, but still Tannehill is who he is as a QB, makes a living throwing 5 yards and less, builds up respectable "empty calorie" statistics while Miami doesn't put points on the board.

A week a go people were riding Doughty's dick, but guess what, there is a new dick to hop on...

****ing people putting far too much stock into preseason...

Though Prescott may develop into a good QB it's silly to debate preseason stats and try and determine his ability as a QB when he hasn't faced a snap in a real NFL game.

Thought I'd seen it all here :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prescott...

Prescot behind Dallas Oline, looking good..wow.. Most would behind that line in preseason.

Though Prescott may develop into a good QB it's silly to debate preseason stats and try and determine his ability as a QB when he hasn't faced a snap in a real NFL game.

During last nights Cowboys-Seahawks game they said Prescott produced scores on nine of his first ten offensive drives of the preseason. Call me crazy but I doubt he does that in the regular season.

Maxwell is a bad starting corner and looks to me like a 3.
Bobby is even worse on the outside
Lippett is horrific and at least a year off the point where he should even be considered for getting on the field.

Unless Howard turns out to be an all pro, this CB group should set franchise records this year - just not the sort you want.

Maxwell is a #2 at worse he is serviceable i am glad he actually is replacing mr.trip on every deep ball B.Grimes.

Howard will be better then Lippet but he will need a couple weeks to get adjusted to game speed imo.

It's insane. I like Dak Prescott and he's shown good stuff, but once again, statistics with no context or analysis are meaningless. For instance, the TD he threw to Witten last night... if you actually saw the play, he basically threw a red zone interception that the defender bobbled and then popped right into Witten's hands.

:idk:

Remember, we also picked him off but it was called back and that ended with them scoring. You don't draw the flag, he's human. Unfortunately the stat line won't show that play.

During last nights Cowboys-Seahawks game they said Prescott produced scores on nine of his first ten offensive drives of the preseason. Call me crazy but I doubt he does that in the regular season.

Agreed. He has had some luck to go with his play.

It's insane. I like Dak Prescott and he's shown good stuff, but once again, statistics with no context or analysis are meaningless. For instance, the TD he threw to Witten last night... if you actually saw the play, he basically threw a red zone interception that the defender bobbled and then popped right into Witten's hands.

:idk:

Dolphins dropped an int, had an int overturned by penalty and everyone turned there back on his TD run last week. Not minimizing what he has shown but his performance needs to be looked at beyond preseason numbers.

Back
Top Bottom